The National Signing Day Thread

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Im a donkey where it matters.

Donkey_penis.jpg

Like you, I have big ears and need to get my eyes checked. :)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm stealing this from gatorcountry:

The commitment of Curtis Dunlap was huge. Curtis reportedly did excellent against some very good competition in several camps. He was also in my projected O-line class and a top 200 National recruit. The timing of the announcement regardless if orchestrated by the staff or Dunlap himself should be very positive going into FNL.

Pitts on Thursday: you know we have been waiting on this for some time. Again the timing is positive provided Kyle doesn’t just throw a colossal curve ball that no one expects. Part two of the Clement Coalition.

Corral: first time to UF and my only problem is with so many guys on campus will the staff get all the time they need with him one on one. Corral has already stated that he and Fields will not attend the same school. That was stated in answer to a silly UGA reporter’s question who thought they could get them both. My feeling from reading the tea leaves is the staff is not nearly as confident on Fields as they were at one time. Hopefully, Corral gets the red carpet and let’s hope he is told the spot is his if he wants it. I’d be much happier with Matt than trying to scramble and turn another guy the staff passed on previously.

I Read an article that UF would have a top 200 National prospect at FNL for every position. Good job considering that Bama and the noles have events going on also.

What to look For at FNL:

First it’s more than just Friday Night. The underclassmen camp begins on Thursday. As I said in the last candy gram, expect a lot of the 2019 commits attend to create a positive UF feel. Here are the 2019 guys listed by GC that should be here.

Representing the 2019 class this weekend will be safety Jaleel McRae, receiver John Dunmore, receiver Maurice Goolsby, defensive tackle Jaquaze Sorrells, athlete Tyrique Stevenson, offensive lineman Andrew Coker, athlete Marcus Tillman and defensive back Trent Whittemore.

The 2018 class will have the following commits represent.

Running back Iverson Clement, athlete Amari Burney, defensive back Divaad Wilson and offensive lineman C.J. Dunlap are all scheduled to visit as 2018 commits.

Who to Watch:

Dameon Pierce and West Virginia running back commit Leddie Brown. Brown is bringing family. Brown is here in large part to his prior relationship with Seider. Pierce is a former Tide commit who many thought was UGA bound after his de- commit from Bama. I would not be shocked at all if UF received a pledge from one of the two and sooner rather than later.

Dante Lang: I predict he pulls the trigger this week end. Just a hunch.

Tyquan Thornton: The speedster WR is really high on UF.

Coynis Miller: in my last update. He is supposed to be on campus the entire weekend.

Channing Tindall: The #1 ranked OLB will visit Georgia on July 15, Florida State on July 20 and Florida on July 21 according to 247 sports. It will be Tindall’s second visits to Florida and Georgia. South Carolina, Auburn and Notre Dame are other schools he is considering. He is bringing family and UF may be pitch him on being the only backer in this class.

Randy Russell: released a final five but with a great visit could pull the trigger.

Ed Montlus: the big Guard and team mate of William Barnes. According to Barnes there is a 95% chance they attend the same school. I don’t expect a commit this week but hopefully UF will strengthen their position with both. Add them with Dunlap and that is a lot of beef.

If anyone still doubts how crazy recruiting can get, I read an article about Aubrey Solomon from last year. If you recall he was a 5* DT out of Georgia who was briefly mentioned having interest in UF. He committed to Michigan and then de- committed when they sent him a thank you note for attending an event he didn’t attend. In the same note, they also didn’t spell his name correctly. His mother released a harsh letter concerning the Michigan staff and Solomon reopened his recruitment. After all that, Aubrey signs with Michigan. That is recruiting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
QB Bailey recaps Florida camp
Peach State signal caller enjoys Florida camp.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/QB-Bailey-recaps-Florida-camp-104498958

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Rising sophomore quarterback Harrison Bailey was back at Florida on Thursday for the Gators’ Sensational Sophomore camp. It was the first time the 6-foot-4, 215-pound 2020 prospect was able to work with Florida coaches since last summer’s satellite camp in Atlanta.

“It was pretty fun,” Bailey said of Thursday’s workout with Florida. “I got to actually workout in front of the coaches, under their circumstances, so it was pretty cool.”

Florida offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier is to the point with Bailey.

“He wants me to be a Gator. He loves me, and he wants me to build that class to put Florida back on top.”

However, being such a young prospect, Bailey has put recruiting on hold a bit despite offers from Florida, Georgia, Florida State, Miami, as well as others.

“I haven’t really thought much into the recruiting process. I’m kind of just taking it all in right now.”

Bailey has taken notice of Florida and what they have been able to on the field in recent years though.

“All of their sports are pretty successful. They are definitely rising in football. They had a couple down years, but they’re on their way back up with Coach Mac and Coach Nuss and all of them.”

As a freshman, Bailey threw for 2,812 yards and 21 touchdowns.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
5-star QB Arrives in Town for Visit
5-star QB arrives in town for UF visit

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/5-star-QB-Arrives-in-Town-for-Visit--104662151

Long Beach (Calif.) Poly five-star quarterback Matt Corral arrived late Thursday evening to Gainesville for his first ever visit to the University of Florida.

The 6-foot-2, 196-pounder is expected to be on campus to start his visit on Friday, and is also expected to throw Friday evening during the Gators annual Friday Night Lights Camp. Corral is at UF this weekend and is also expected to visit the University of Georgia next week. A final decision should come before the start of his senior season.

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Corral as the No. 22 overall prospect in the 2018 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Top100 TE Names Leader
In-state 2019 tight ends names leader

http://florida.247sports.com/Articl...-current-leader-in-his-recruitment--104462516

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – During the Florida Gators Sensational Sophomore Camp on Thursday evening, Lakeland (Fla.) 2019 tight end Keon Zipperer was one of the events top performers. Living only a few hours from Gainesville, the four-star has been to town several times, and enjoyed his most recent trip.

“It felt good because I haven’t been here in a while,” said Zipperer of the UF visit. “I feel at home here. The coaches told me they like everything about what I do. It felt good to work with coaches that I never have worked with before. They like the way I block and how I come out of my routes.”

While on the practice field, Zipperer got a chance to work with the Florida coaches in a more one-on-one setting. Getting a chance to pick these college coaches brain was something the central Florida prospect enjoyed.

“They just tell me to keep working and that I am going to be really good at what I do. They are like father figures to me. I talk with Coach Davis a lot and I have been talking to him.”

At this time the 6-2, 225-ponder holds over 15 offers from schools around the country, with one school standing out above the crowd.

“Florida is number one for me,” said Zipperer. “It’s just the coaches man, they mean a lot to me. It’s just the coaches, the coaches, the coaches. Clemson is right behind them. I like Miami, North Carolina, and Florida.”

So what is it about the Gators that impressed Zipperer so much?

“It’s just everything really,” said Zipperer. “They were my dream school growing up I have liked them since I was little. I remembers guys like [Tim] Tebow and Cam Newton. A lot of guys and now they have James [Robinson] signed here. Throw in the Pouncey Twins and Chris Rainey.”

Going forward, Zipperer plans to make a commitment sometime during his senior year. He hopes to catches games at Auburn, Florida, and North Carolina this fall. When it comes to whatever school he eventually picks, Zipperer hopes to find somewhere he feels most comfortable living for the next three to four years of his life.

“I just want to feel at home and get the cool, loveable, family feel from everything.”

247Sports Currently ranks Zipperer as the No. 71 overall prospect in the 2019 class and the No. 5 tight end in the 2019 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Top Performers: UF Sensational Sophomore camp
Standouts from the Florida Gators' Sensational Sophomore night.

http://florida.247sports.com/Article/Top-Performers-UF-Sensational-Sophomore-camp-104448807

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The Florida Gators hosted Sensational Sophomore night on Thursday evening inside the indoor practice facility. 247Sports was on hand to witness all the action and deliver a list of standout performers.

1. QB Harrison Bailey (2020): The rising sophomore out of Marietta, Ga. looked comfortable and confident delivering passes from inside and outside the pocket. The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Bailey is a pocket passer that looked mobile enough to buy time within the pocket during drills. Bailey showed the most accurate arm in camp.

2. TE Arik Gilbert (2020): The most physically impressive looking prospect at the camp was this 6-foot-5, 235-pound Georgia native. Gilbert could play defensive end, but tonight he worked out at tight end, where he looked athletic running routes. The Marietta, Ga. native already has offers from Alabama, Florida State, Georgia, and others.

3. WR Bryan Robinson (2020): This Wellington, Fla. product was explosive running routes and was able to stretch the field vertically. The 5-foot-11, 165-pound prospect is a natural pass catcher that was able to haul in tough grabs multiple times.

4. WR Xzavier Henderson (2020): Standing at 6-foot-2.5, 175-pounds, Henderson brings good length to the wide receiver position. Though still an unrefined route runner, it was clear to see the Miami, Fla. native’s natural playmaking ability. Henderson is the younger brother of Florida cornerback Christopher Henderson.

5. TE Keon Zipperer (2019): The Lakeland, Fla. product made a nifty one-handed snag down the middle of the field for perhaps the play of the day. Even though Zipperer is on the short side standing 6-foot-2, 225-pounds, he moves well through his routes.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nabbed another TE.

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Florida-picks-up-commitment-from-in-state-tight-end-105317268

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Florida added to its 2018 recruiting class on Friday when Boca Raton, Fla. tight end Dante Lang committed to the Gators. The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Lang picked Florida over SEC foes Arkansas and Kentucky.

What was the reason Lang picked UF?

“It’s all Coach [Greg] Nord to be honest,” Lang said. “He’s a cool dude. I like his vibe. All the coaches check on me every day about me and my family — not even about football, just how I’m doing or how I’m living.”

What's next for the Gators? Make sure you're in the loop -- take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Gators newsletter now!

Lang went on to explain the reaction Nord gave when informed of the good news.

“Happy face emoji,” Lang said with a laugh. “That’s what he looked like.”

Another reason Lang picked the Gators centers around the role the tight end plays in their offense.

“They used their tight end a lot, so that’s good. Then, I know a couple of their tight ends are leaving soon, so that gives me more opportunity for playing time.”

The industry-generated 247Sports Composite currently ranks Lang as the No. 122 overall prospect in the state of Florida for the 2018 class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.