The National Signing Day Thread

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok Franks being the #5 QB that year isn't a highly rated recruit... got it... no need to continue this conversation anymore

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
DT's we're after - my preference is Stills and Nesta:

Per 247 composite:
Sandidge - #11
Stills - #12
Miller - #16
Silvera - #19

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be one of the last people to say mac is an elite recruiter but to act like he hasn't gotten a big time qb before is disingenuous at best. You may not like Franks but he was a very highly rated recruit. Not 5* but was a top 100 kid

Franks was a high rated 4*, but there are some major differences here.

1. Franks was rated highly because of physical attributes, but not specific ability.. it was known he was a project and that is proving to be true where Matty Ice is very polished.

2. Franks committed late in the cycle and was a flip. Getting Matty Ice this early (and I think it was smart to take him and not try for Fields) has been a huge boost for the class and you can see kids jumping on board. Having an elite kid with charisma helping to pull together a class makes a HUGE difference.

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Are our negative nellies on this board... a) just down on Mac...b) trolls...c) just naturally negative people...

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Franks was rated a 6.0 from Rivals, which is the highest 4* classification. He was #3 nationally and a top 10 ranked Florida prospect. So he was highly ranked. This was all predicated on arm talent. I felt he was vastly overrated (along with Eason) after the Army game. He also doesn't have the leadership abilities of a Corral. You need to look no further than how they recruited for their own class. So he really doesn't have the "it" factor.

So yes he was highly rated, but also overrated. So it's hard to say how much competition there was. In the same regard, Corral had a lot of perceived baggage, so how much competition did Mac really have for him?

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Correction rivals had him as #3 and overall #57... good lord you're a mental midget

Oh, Franks has been named the starter? He's a 4-star....project. Let me know when he does something. Btw, I thought you weren't going to waste anymore of my time.....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Franks was rated a 6.0 from Rivals, which is the highest 4* classification. He was #3 nationally and a top 10 ranked Florida prospect. So he was highly ranked. This wasn't all predicated on arm talent. I felt he was vastly overrated (along with Eason) after the Army game. He also doesn't have the leadership abilities of a Corral. You need to look no further than how they recruited for their own class. So he really doesn't have the "it" factor.

So yes he was highly rated, but also overrated. So it's hard to say how much competition there was. In the same regard, Corral had a lot of perceived baggage, so how much competition did Mac really have for him?

Just looking at the tape Corral looks to have a lot more potential than Franks. Franks mostly ran around and focused on a sole receiver many times. That is probably why Franks threw interceptions on about 1/3 of his throws after departing his high school because he telegraphed things so much. Corral at this stage looks to have developed better field scanning skills.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, Franks has been named the starter? He's a 4-star....project. Let me know when he does something. Btw, I thought you weren't going to waste anymore of my time.....
I like what I've seen of Trask more than Franks. Too bad he's being a pussy and won't step up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@-THE DUDE- ATX and alcoholica get it..... But hey, Mac signed a 4-star QB....he's an "elite" recruiter!!!!

:bananadance:
Your reading comprehension obviously needs work... go back and re-read my post... clearly says in the first sentence i do not believe he is an elite recruiter.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Your reading comprehension obviously needs work... go back and re-read my post... clearly says in the first sentence i do not believe he is an elite recruiter.

Dude said:
I'd be one of the last people to say mac is an elite recruiter but to act like he hasn't gotten a big time qb before is disingenuous at best. You may not like Franks but he was a very highly rated recruit. Not 5* but was a top 100 kid

He's got a point. He specifically said Mac is not an elite recruiter, and whether ready or not, Franks WAS a very highly rated recruit.

The Dude abides.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

My reading comprehension is just fine. Glad you think a 4-star project is an elite QB....Oh well, like I said, the world needs it's pumpers. Thanks for playing....AND wasting my time.

Have a nice day!! :D

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm greedy...I want all 4...please and thank you.

Add another DT to the mix (crystal ball'd to Missouri):

Gators offer four-star DT
Gators extend offer to out of state defensive tackle

6_5345953.jpg

(Photo: 247Sports)

On Tuesday afternoon, the Florida Gators became the latest program to extend Saint Louis (Mo.) Chaminade defensive tackle Trevor Trout. The four-star defender announced the offer through his Twitter account, with what might be the best photoshop job ever done.

Honored to receive an offer from the University of Florida! #ChompChomp pic.twitter.com/BQMZGqlkkc

Trevor Trout ® (@totaltroutmove) July 25, 2017

The Gators join the likes of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Missouri, Oklahoma and many others as programs to extend an offer to the 6-foot-3, 315-pounder. He currently holds 30 scholarship offers. The 247Sports Crystal Ball currently gives the in-state Mizzou Tigers the edge with 100-percent of the predictions

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.