The National Signing Day Thread

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So it's your contention that we were on par with UMASS or North Texas talent wise? You're so full of ****. I'd rather you admit Nuss has done less with more than trot out "scorched earth" baloney.
The score of the UMass game was 24-7
The score of the UNT game was 32-0
Those are super blowouts by dumper standards who contend that a 28-38 loss is a blowout.
So just WTF is the point you're trying to make?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
So it's your contention that we were on par with UMASS or North Texas talent wise? You're so full of ****. I'd rather you admit Nuss has done less with more than trot out "scorched earth" baloney.

LOL....that's quite a leap.

1258724520_big-jump.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
LOL....that's quite a leap.

1258724520_big-jump.gif

By all means...explain it to me. You can't have it both ways. We sucked on offense against crap teams and good teams. Either there's this huge talent disparity and we're on par with D-II teams or Nuss sucks out loud. Which is it? **** your leaping ****. Come at me bro

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
By all means...explain it to me. You can't have it both ways. We sucked on offense against crap teams and good teams. Either there's this huge talent disparity and we're on par with D-II teams or Nuss sucks out loud. Which is it? **** your leaping ****. Come at me bro

The T-Rex method of conversation.

Step 1 - take what the other person said and make up an extreme statement and attribute it to the other person
Step 2 - get very angry
Step 3 - ignore what the other person is saying and ask a question phrased so there is no right answer
Step 4 - insist the person answer the question in a yes or no fashion while getting even angrier

Dude, it's sports. It's supposed to be fun. Take a deep breath and remember everyone here is your friend.

Everything's going to be ok.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The T-Rex method of conversation.

Step 1 - take what the other person said and make up an extreme statement and attribute it to the other person
Step 2 - get very angry
Step 3 - ignore what the other person is saying and ask a question phrased so there is no right answer
Step 4 - insist the person answer the question in a yes or no fashion while getting even angrier

Dude, it's sports. It's supposed to be fun. Take a deep breath and remember everyone here is your friend.

Everything's going to be ok.

LOL. I knew you'd take it wrong so I meant to put some cute emoji's in there but I did not. My bad.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
LOL. I knew you'd take it wrong so I meant to put some cute emoji's in there but I did not. My bad.

I'm glad you're on the board. I enjoy the back and forth with you. I just prefer to keep it light hearted.

Odds are neither of us is right and the truth will fall somewhere in between.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is the truth of what Mac inherited. The situation was vastly different at Georgia and other places. The dumpers won't acknowledge this simple truth. They spin about draft picks while avoiding the truth that the offense had been utterly destroyed.

False!
Reverend Richt left them in such great shape they had to start a division 3 transfer on their offensive line last year.

The only position on that offense that wasn't horribly mismanaged just like ours was the RB's.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
What will be a bit ackward is when Nuuschump rolls out his fourth straight 100 plus offense.

Here's the dilemma I see in your future:

We get all this talent on offense, so despite Nuss' best efforts our offense rises and lo and behold he gets the credit! So much so, Mac keeps him on staff long term. But he doesn't get so much credit that someone will hire him away from us.

I recognize your true preferred path is to boot Nuss and have someone competent manage all this talent. But I see my proposal as very possible, at the very least to give you night sweats.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Corral is NOT playing. This kid is seemingly in the ear of a ton of top prospects based on Twitter. He's gonna make sure we have a monster class.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
It's actually getting comical. The 18 and 19 classes are strong and getting stronger despite the protestations of those who seemingly dont see it...or maybe just dont want to see it. The future is bright.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the dilemma I see in your future:

We get all this talent on offense, so despite Nuss' best efforts our offense rises and lo and behold he gets the credit! So much so, Mac keeps him on staff long term. But he doesn't get so much credit that someone will hire him away from us.

I recognize your true preferred path is to boot Nuss and have someone competent manage all this talent. But I see my proposal as very possible, at the very least to give you night sweats.
There's a slight flaw in your plan.
All this talent we're getting we aren't getting until 2018.
I get all the excitement I'm as pumped about our sudden shift in recruiting success as anybody but some people are acting like our offense is suddenly gonna take off this year when nothing about our offense has changed this year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
5-star QB Matt Corral’s pledge could lead to top-5 class for Florida Gators

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/matt-corral-florida-gators-class

Matt Corral already attracting recruits
With Matt Corral on board, Florida is off and running with its 2018 recruiting class.

Corral, a 5-star quarterback from Long Beach, Calif., is one of nine total pledges for the Gators this past week. The Elite 11 finalist made his decision Saturday following his first-ever visit to Florida for Friday Night Lights.

Less than 24 hours after Corral’s decision, the first domino fell on Florida’s recruiting board. Ja’Marr Chase, a 4-star wide receiver from Metairie, La., made a shocking commitment Sunday to the Gators. The coaches followed that up Monday by landing Miami WR Tyquan Thornton, who spurned his hometown Hurricanes for Florida.

The Gators weren’t even a finalist earlier this month for Chase, who was down to LSU and TCU before his scheduled announcement on NFL Network fell through. As a result, Chase extended his recruitment and did not want to rush into a decision.

This past weekend altered those plans.

A number of factors went into Chase’s commitment, including Florida’s receiver needs and his relationship with primary recruiter Tim Skipper and other staff members. However, Chase did not come to UF with the intent to pull the trigger and his pledge probably doesn’t happen if Corral is uncommitted right now.

They formed a friendship through the recruiting process and spent time together earlier this month at The Opening. Corral began recruiting players to Florida while in Gainesville, with Chase being one of his primary targets.

The addition of Corral undoubtedly encouraged Chase to jump on board, and some recruiting analysts viewed Miami as the favorite for Thornton heading into this weekend. Their commitments could be a sign of things to come with Corral now leading the class. He’s a confident, personable and talented quarterback who will attract offensive recruits.

“Matt is a great QB,” said 4-star WR Jacob Copeland, who plans to shoot a commitment video this week and has high interest in Alabama, Florida and Florida State. “He’s got a big arm and he can throw that deep ball. Then his attitude, he just got a winning mentality. I mean, as a receiver you want to play with a quarterback like that.”

Florida cracks the top 10
The recent additions put Florida’s 2018 class at No. 10 in the 247Sports Composite rankings, rising more than 40 spots since last Tuesday.

The Gators have 16 scholarships available for the 2018 class before attrition, but the team could lose up to four juniors and at least a couple transfers. Florida should be able to sign around 22 recruits in this cycle and currently holds 14 pledges.

UF has signed six wideouts before, but 3-star commits Corey Gammage and Jalynn Williams may consider other options if Copeland and/or Anthony Schwartz join the Gators’ receiver class. So Florida could potentially add 8-10 more recruits to its commitment list.

The Gators are in contention for 15 top-200 overall prospects, many of whom have UF at or near the top of their leaderboards. If Jim McElwain and his staff land half of those 15 remaining targets, Florida could finish with a top-5 class for the first time since 2013.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, if he was an "elite" recruiter we'd already have a 5-star QB (like Smart got his first year)....I think that article is jumping the shark (no pun intended, Sorry Mac!!). But if he keeps up this last week he's on his way there. I'm happy to see some spark and UF being "talked about" again!
I'd be one of the last people to say mac is an elite recruiter but to act like he hasn't gotten a big time qb before is disingenuous at best. You may not like Franks but he was a very highly rated recruit. Not 5* but was a top 100 kid

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd be one of the last people to say mac is an elite recruiter but to act like he hasn't gotten a big time qb before is disingenuous at best. You may not like Franks but he was a very highly rated recruit. Not 5* but was a top 100 kid

That's a reach, at best. But I get it, the world needs pumpers. And honestly, I like Franks and hope he's the real deal. With his size and arm strength, he could be a major NFL prospect. But the fact is, it was very understood that he needed time to develop - no matter where he signed. He simply was not ready to play. 5-star QBs are expected to be ready to play, regardless if they do or not (i.e. if a established starter is already ahead of them when they arrive on campus). This is recruit class #4 for McElwain, and he's NOW landed an "elite" QB.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
August Dead Period:

NCAA website says August 1-31 is dead period so no campus visits allowed.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
2019 OT Camps, Lands Offer From Gators
2019 OT lands Florida Gators offer during campus visit

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...m-Florida-Gators-after-standout-cam-105451834

This past weekend, Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson 2019 offensive tackle Amari Kight camped with the Florida Gators for their OL/DL camp on Saturday. This was Kight’s first ever time at UF, and he enjoyed working with offensive line coach Brad Davis.

“I loved it and I loved being able to get coach by Coach [Brad] Davis and see the facilities and the campus. Coach Davis seems like a nice guy and I fed off his energy.”

Getting a chance to work with Coach Davis was something the four-star felt was very important, and he was able to get some solid feedback after the camp was over.

“I like how he is straight to the point and he pushes me to get better every time I do a rep. He liked that I paid attention to detail and he liked my punch and how I lined up against faster pass rushers.”

After the conclusion of the camp, the 6-foot-5, 300-pounder met with head coach Jim McElwain in his office, and later found out the Gators wanted to offer after an impressive showing at camp.

“It means a lot and they are one of my top schools and that means a lot,” said Kight of the UF offer. “I like the tradition and I like the idea of The Swamp. They have a lot of history going on.”

Earlier that day, Kight was able to see the sights around Gainesville on a campus tour, and was impressed by the amenities.

“I like the campus overall and I like the student union building they have and the academic center for the athletes. I can’t wait until they finish with their new athletic facility they are building.”

There is still quite a bit of time before the Yellowhammer state big man will make a decision with still over a year left in his recruitment. Kight currently holds eight offers from the likes of Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Memphis, Mississippi State, Oregon, and Tennessee. At this time there are no favorites.

“I don’t have any front runners right now,” said Kight. “I am not in a hurry to decide.”

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Kight as the No. 79 overall prospect in the 2019 class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator