The National Signing Day Thread

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
These kids aren't coming here because we are back to back national champions and the #1 ranked offense and defense. They know EXACTLY who we are. Jimbo, Mark, Nick and Kirby remind them every day.

They are coming because they see an opportunity to do something special. They believe they are the answer.

Said it before.....before it is all said and done...we will have a few that flip....and we will flip a few. Either way it's a monster class of alpha males coming to do work.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
These kids aren't coming here because we are back to back national champions and the #1 ranked offense and defense. They know EXACTLY who we are. Jimbo, Mark, Nick and Kirby remind them every day.

They are coming because they see an opportunity to do something special. They believe they are the answer.

Said it before.....before it is all said and done...we will have a few that flip....and we will flip a few. Either way it's a monster class of alpha males coming to do work.

You are spot on. The reason Corral, et al. are coming is not because of where we are. They are coming in spite of the last 6 years. They are coming because they see the future and where we are going, not where we have been. The future is bright. I believe the Gators are going to surprise a lot of people in 2017...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Remember when we weren't hoping to surprise teams??? Teams would hate having us on their schedule, as it was an automatic L, now its hate because we ruin their strength of schedule..

Those were good times. I hope we see them again in my lifetime.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow! It's amazing how my statement...

I believe the Gators ARE going to surprise a lot of people in 2017...

Turned into "We still suck and probably will for a long time..." in 3 posts.

It's like a really bad game of Telephone...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

?? where did anyone say any of this?

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not on a roll. I don't say a whole lot. I just wonder why anytime anything positive is said about the current team it has to be countered with negativity. I guess saying, "sure would love to see that in my lifetime" is a positive statement in some people's eyes.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not on a roll. I don't say a whole lot. I just wonder why anytime anything positive is said about the current team it has to be countered with negativity. I guess saying, "sure would love to see that in my lifetime" is a positive statement in some people's eyes.
youve posted a total of 34 messages since this board's founding, and you're a founding member. 2 of those messages happened today within a few minutes of each other, and a 3rd just now. I'd say you're rolling big time brotha.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Positivity isn't allowed until we go undefeated and win a NC.

/gcmbdumpers

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I guess saying, "sure would love to see that in my lifetime" is a positive statement in some people's eyes.

Just to clarify, a poster said "remember the days when teams feared us" or something close to that and my response was yes those were good times and I hope it happens again in my lifetime. The conversation wasnt even connected to your post. My response to your post was "We are all hoping this" completely agreeing with you. Man are you that fragile?

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@Durty South Swamp I guess in that vein, I am on a roll. I've been reading GC since it began and have never really wanted to get into the discussions...call me a lurker, I guess. Just excited about where the Gators are heading.

@gatormandan...not fragile. Just wanted to join in the "fun." Didn't mean to pick a fight.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

This happens in every thread.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
@Durty South Swamp I guess in that vein, I am on a roll. I've been reading GC since it began and have never really wanted to get into the discussions...call me a lurker, I guess. Just excited about where the Gators are heading.

@gatormandan...not fragile. Just wanted to join in the "fun." Didn't mean to pick a fight.

We are all excited where this team is heading, and we are finally landing on the recruiting map with big name recruits. My, and a lot of others "frustrations" is the development of our players. I look at Clemson, and how Sweeney is developing his players so there is no drop off when players bolt to the NFL. I am excited about this season and will spend my hard earned money and actually try and attend a few games this season (UT and FSU). I cant say that for the past two seasons.... For me two things need to happen this year: 1. Mac takes a more controlling role in the offense especially the play calling. 2. Limit penalties/turnovers in the red zone.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Need to see it on the field. Pumper/Dumper/Neutral...we all need to see the next step taken. I don't think that's unreasonable or dumping or negative at all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The future is bright. I believe the Gators are going to surprise a lot of people in 2017...
What is this weird belief that getting some pledges for the next class somehow cures the shytty recruiting of the last 3-4?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.