Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile:

Alabama adds two players to their class:

4-star DE Cameron Latu, a Utah native, commits to Alabama

Alabama is finally starting to pick up momentum in recruiting, getting its second commitment in less than 24 hours.

Four-star defensive end Cameron Latu committed to the Crimson Tide on Friday, announcing his decision on Facebook Live.

Latu (6 feet 5, 236 pounds), from Salt Lake City Olympus, is one of the top-10 weak-side defensive ends in the class as well as a national top-150 prospect overall. In all, he had more than 20 Power Five offers, including strong interest from Pac-12 powers USC, Utah and Washington. Nebraska also was in the hunt.

His commitment is a boost for a Crimson Tide recruiting campaign that’s made an uncharacteristically slow start, perhaps in part because of competition for playing time from Alabama’s sensational 2017 class.

3-star APB Slade Bolden commits to Alabama over TCU

Three-star all-purpose back Slade Bolden announced his commitment to Alabama on Thursday.

Bolden, from West Monroe (La.) High, revealed his decision at a ceremony at the school.

Bolden, who is 5-foot-11 and 198 pounds, chose the Crimson Tide over TCU, his other finalist. In-state LSU also had been a finalist before cutting the school from his list this past weekend.

Bolden’s list of offers, which is over 20 overall, also includes Arizona State, Arkansas, Iowa State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt and Washington.
Fake news, Bama DEs are 300lbs and they only take 5* RBs

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida’s recruiting to-do list

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-to-do-list

The Florida Gators are the nation’s hottest team in recruiting.

The McElwain train left the station after Friday Night Lights and continues adding top-200 talent with each week that passes. Now at No. 7 nationally in the 247Sports Composite team rankings, the Gators have a chance to sign a top-3 class.

With National Signing Day less than six months away, here’s what the Gators have left on their recruiting to-do list.

Landing linemen on both sides of the ball
Safety, wide receiver and offensive line were Florida’s top three needs heading into the 2018 cycle. Two of those boxes have been checked by UF coach Jim McElwain and his assistants, but they still have to land three or four linemen. New O-line coach Brad Davis has the Gators in great shape with 4-star targets William Barnes, Richard Gouraige and Nicholas Petit-Frere. UF needs to secure commitments from at least two of those in-state linemen.

With just Taylor Upshaw on board, defensive line coach Chris Rumph also has to add a couple more players at his position. The Gators have several targets remaining on their board, including 4-star defensive linemen Andrew Chatfield (Ohio State commit) and Nesta Silvera (Miami commit).

Keeping their top commits in the fold
With so many elite prospects on the commitment list, UF will undoubtedly have to fend off multiple schools. Florida’s top-rated commit, 5-star QB Matt Corral, is unlikely to waver on his pledge. However, the Gators must fight to keep 4-star WR commits Jacob Copeland and Ja’Marr Chase.

Copeland still plans to take trips and Alabama will always be a threat to flip him, while LSU is expected to put the full-court press on Chase this fall. It’s key for Florida to get Copeland and Chase back on campus during the season and bring them in for official visits late in the process.

Winning the state of Florida again
McElwain & Co. won the state in the 2017 recruiting cycle, signing more top-50 prospects from Florida than any other program in the country. However, Alabama, Florida State and Ohio State signed more recruits in the top 15 than UF. McElwain wants to change that this year and it’s possible.

The Gators have one 2018 commit from an in-state recruit ranked in the top 15 (Copeland) and they’re in the mix for Barnes, Petit-Frere, 5-star CB Tyson Campbell and 4-star DB Tyreke Johnson. Gouraige is the 16th-ranked player from Florida, but could rise in the rankings as a senior.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
have not heard any buzz, so probably not us, but never heard anything about Chase either. All CB's to UGA

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is good....

Report: Former Alabama QBs felt misled by Nick Saban

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/former-alabama-qbs-felt-mislead-nick-saban/

Former Alabama QBs Cooper Bateman and Blake Barnett felt misled by Nick Saban.

Bateman, now at Utah, and Barnett, now at Arizona State, explained to ESPN that they were both surprised by Saban’s tactics and the way he handled the QB battle in 2016. It should be noted that both QBs told the outlet that they have a lot of respect for Saban.

The miscommunication, they say, started right off the bat against USC. The Tide ended up steamrolling the Trojans 52-6 behind freshman Jalen Hurts’ four total touchdowns.

Barnett, however, was under the impression that he was “the guy” and that Hurts would see some different packages on offense, but he was really caught off guard when Hurts continued to trot back onto the field to lead the offense.

“According to him (Saban), I was their guy,” Barnett told ESPN. “Once Jalen went in, I was expecting it. But then he went out on the next series, the next series and the next series. I don’t know if everything was communicated correctly.”

Bateman, like Barnett, felt mislead, and he said he knew immediately he didn’t want to be a part of it.

“Long story short, I was just as surprised as everyone else,” Bateman said. “It wasn’t really how it was told to me it was going to be.

“How things were communicated, there was a lack of communication. I knew I didn’t want to be involved with that anymore, but fortunately that was the first game of the season — 12, 13 more to go. I put my head down and battled through it. I knew after that first game that I didn’t really want to be a part of it anymore.”

Playing QB — or any position — at a big university should come with a disclaimer: feelings are going to get hurt and things may not play out like players had hoped.

If they’re upset with Saban and the way he handled the QB battle, that’s fine. But they’re not the first players and certainly won’t be the last to feel that way. Do they have a point? One could argue they didn’t get a fair shot at the job, especially Barnett. Everyone knew the offense had a ceiling with Bateman under center.

But Saban is paid millions of dollars to put the best product on the field, and he obviously felt that Hurts was that guy — and Hurts pretty much proved him right as the conference’s top freshman and the SEC’s Offensive Player of the Year. The Tide won the SEC Championship and played for the national championship under the freshman signal caller.

I’m sure Saban had a plan in place for Barnett and Bateman to be a part of it, along with Hurts, but actual games change plans. And Hurts changed Saban’s plans.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
I have a feeling that the wheels are slowly, and I mean slowly coming off the Bama wagon...its just how much does the media want to put resources to stories like this. I'm sure that's why Copeland and a little stint on Bama in his video about their recruiting tactics. I hope more kids are seeing the light on this program, and refuse to associate themselves with a program that is run like that.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Commits talk about the buzz around Florida Gators recruiting

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/commits-talk-about-the-buzz-around-florida-gators-recruiting/

The Florida Gators recruiting classes have seen the momentum stay hot for the last few weeks as the Gators continue to add top player after top player.

Not only is the Gators adding top players but they’re really getting the fan support behind them as they head into the 2017 football season.

GatorCountry.com asked all of the Gators 2018 and 2019 commits to give us their thoughts on recruiting and how they think these classes can finish up.

A few of the commits also offered up a hint on who they’re recruiting to join them in their respective recruiting class.

Cornerback commit Randy Russell- “Roll with us or get rolled over. It’s always good when we get the players we want to commit. You can make it known that I want Tyson Campbell bad.”

Defensive line commit Taylor Upshaw-“Something special is happening. I think we can win a national championship with this class.”

2019 athlete commit Tyrique Stevenson-“It’s going great. We’re making a monster class for #GATA19.”

Athlete commit Amari Burney- “This recruiting class is on fire and we’re getting all the pieces we need to be a great team. I’ve been recruiting Richard Gouraige.”

Offensive line commit C.J. Dunlap- “We’re not even done yet.”

2019 offensive line commit Andrew Coker-“If it keeps up, Gator fans can expect a national championship in years and years to come.”

2019 defensive back commit Jaleel McRae-“Get on board before you can’t because the Gator train is about to take of to the national championship.”

Cornerback commit Divaad Wilson- “Are class is full of gangsters, not five stars. After we’re done the Florida Gators will be back to its old ways.”

Cornerback commit Randy Russell- “Roll with us or get rolled over. It’s always good when we get the players we want to commit. You can make it known that I want Tyson Campbell bad.”

2019 commit Maurice Goolsby- “I’m not surprised, everyone knows it’s great to be a Florida Gator! Join the wave.”

2019 defensive line commit Jaquaze Sorrells- “There’s really no reaction because I seen it coming. Natty title coming soon. #AllBite18, #GATA19.”

2019 athlete commit Marcus Tillman- “It’s great right now!!! Hopefully we can keep it up.”

2019 athlete commit Trent Whittemore- “I think that we have had an amazing run ever since Friday Night Lights and are getting great players at several positions. The 2018 class is climbing fast and 2019 is sitting on top. It’s a great time to hope on board and like I’ve said before, I can’t wait to do big things with all these guys in a couple of years.”

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators Top 10 in recruiting. Calling all Trolls, Haters, and Complainers!! Where are you at now?? Oh wait they got shut up by Mac!

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Gators Top 10 in recruiting. Calling all Trolls, Haters, and Complainers!! Where are you at now?? Oh wait they got shut up by Mac!
Richt had top 10 recruiting classes and still couldn't beat us or win the east. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you aren't developing that talent, it just goes to waist. I enjoy seeing all these recruits finally giving us some love, however if we don't prove something on the field this year, they will jump ship. If you are a 5* QB, do you want to go play for the 117th ranked offense in the country? I surely wouldn't.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Richt had top 10 recruiting classes and still couldn't beat us or win the east. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you aren't developing that talent, it just goes to waist. I enjoy seeing all these recruits finally giving us some love, however if we don't prove something on the field this year, they will jump ship. If you are a 5* QB, do you want to go play for the 117th ranked offense in the country? I surely wouldn't.

I'm sure he's watched us play and still committed.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Until that LOI is signed, nothing is guaranteed.
debbie-downer.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
News & notes
  • Chatfield’s teammate, Miami commit Nesta Silvera, plans to officially visit Florida on Nov. 25 for the Florida State game. The 4-star lineman is ranked the nation’s No. 19 defensive tackle and No. 222 overall prospect. Like they did with Chatfield, the Gators also have a chance to sway Silvera.
pic.twitter.com/iOEzbBvrnv

— Harrison (@harrison_tenzer) August 6, 2017

• Rick Sandidge, a 4-star defensive tackle from Concord, N.C., named Florida in his top 7 on Monday along Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Penn State, South Carolina and Virginia Tech. He is ranked the nation’s No. 11 defensive tackle and No. 134 overall prospect. The in-state Gamecocks are considered the favorite Sandidge.
‼️Top 7‼️ pic.twitter.com/l6nsd741lp

— J® (@rickyo_90) August 8, 2017

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
News & notes
  • Chatfield’s teammate, Miami commit Nesta Silvera, plans to officially visit Florida on Nov. 25 for the Florida State game. The 4-star lineman is ranked the nation’s No. 19 defensive tackle and No. 222 overall prospect. Like they did with Chatfield, the Gators also have a chance to sway Silvera.
pic.twitter.com/iOEzbBvrnv

— Harrison (@harrison_tenzer) August 6, 2017

• Rick Sandidge, a 4-star defensive tackle from Concord, N.C., named Florida in his top 7 on Monday along Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Penn State, South Carolina and Virginia Tech. He is ranked the nation’s No. 11 defensive tackle and No. 134 overall prospect. The in-state Gamecocks are considered the favorite Sandidge.
‼️Top 7‼️ pic.twitter.com/l6nsd741lp

— J® (@rickyo_90) August 8, 2017
Since when is NC in-state for the Gamecocks?

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Commits talk about the buzz around Florida Gators recruiting

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/commits-talk-about-the-buzz-around-florida-gators-recruiting/

The Florida Gators recruiting classes have seen the momentum stay hot for the last few weeks as the Gators continue to add top player after top player.

GatorCountry.com asked all of the Gators 2018 and 2019 commits to give us their thoughts on recruiting and how they think these classes can finish up.

Cornerback commit Divaad Wilson- “Are class is full of gangsters, not five stars. After we’re done the Florida Gators will be back to its old ways.”
"gangsters . . .After we’re done the Florida Gators will be back to its old ways " :facepalm: fantastic. just . . . great

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator