The Nature Boy has a flair for the dramatic

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Fake news.

Ric only flies on Lear Jets. Not in coach like commoners. Your pops forgot to get you a last-second gift from the airport gift shop so he faked a Ric Flair (WOO!) autograph.

Sorry to ruin your childhood.

Alex.
Can't tell if serious or not. But it wasn't fake news. And my dad was flying first class. Ass.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
One more? :lol:
giphy.gif

The flair and steamboat matches were great

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Was that the one in orlando? I was there for that too. I remember when they were shooting off fireworks at the top of the citrus bowl they apparently burnt people up in the nosebleeds

Yep. And yes, the end of show fireworks caught people in the upper deck on fire

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
If you guys have iphones, there's the podcast app and Tony Schiavone has a weekly podcast called What Happened When, going back over his time in WCW, and territorial wrestling and he's got some really good stories about Flair.

That podcast is part of what has gotten me through several trips to and from Gainesville a week throughout the semester

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Can't tell if serious or not. But it wasn't fake news. And my dad was flying first class. Ass.

Am I being serious?
I wrestling real?
Is Flair a natural blonde?
Does Flair only fly on his private (WOO!) Lear jet?

;)

Alex.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I get it. I was a kid when Championship Wrestling from Florida was on each week. Gordon Solie. Eddie Graham. The Great Malenko (the hated Russian) Dusty later on. Joe Scarpa with the deadly sleeper hold that put people unconscious (like Spock grabbing the side of your neck). I loved it. Looked real ,good vs bad was obvious. Then my buddy's brother came home from Viet Nam. Took us to the Miami Beach Convention Hall. Steel Cage match. Jerry Brisco. Malenko. Maybe Dusty R.
1967. Ringside seats. My heroic visions were dashed. They never hit each other. They spit fake teeth. Then I found out the ones that hated each other the most practiced together and even had family gatherings together..............but it was great till I was 12. Flair had a flair for all of that..............fwiw,..........I believe Durty's story. Alex is a poop head..........
TampaFL72-12-05a.jpg

That was a mythical place in my mind. I always heard about the matches down in Tampa. My brother in law had Solie's daughter for a secretary.............does that rank anywhere in our personal wrestling lore? :)

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I never knew Flair was a 300lb fat ass before he was involved in a plane crash.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I get it. I was a kid when Championship Wrestling from Florida was on each week. Gordon Solie. Eddie Graham. The Great Malenko (the hated Russian) Dusty later on. Joe Scarpa with the deadly sleeper hold that put people unconscious (like Spock grabbing the side of your neck). I loved it. Looked real ,good vs bad was obvious. Then my buddy's brother came home from Viet Nam. Took us to the Miami Beach Convention Hall. Steel Cage match. Jerry Brisco. Malenko. Maybe Dusty R.
1967. Ringside seats. My heroic visions were dashed. They never hit each other. They spit fake teeth. Then I found out the ones that hated each other the most practiced together and even had family gatherings together..............but it was great till I was 12. Flair had a flair for all of that..............fwiw,..........I believe Durty's story. Alex is a poop head..........
TampaFL72-12-05a.jpg

That was a mythical place in my mind. I always heard about the matches down in Tampa. My brother in law had Solie's daughter for a secretary.............does that rank anywhere in our personal wrestling lore? :)
The Funks vs. the Briscoes...Dory Jr. and Terry against Jack and Jerry. Spinnin' Toe Hold or Figure Four? Which would come out on top? Whenever Gordon Solie would announce that match up, it would be all we could talk about on the playground or at lunch. That was entertainment back in the old days. Some of those other guys...the Great Malenko and his signature move 'the Russian Sickle!' What great memories from my formative years.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I went to the armory several times and watched Championship Wrestling from Florida every week on TV. Gordon Solie was the best. Cagy Ring veterans and “scientific” wrestlers like Harley Race.

I tried to climb into the ring when I was about 15 - 6’, 135. My plan was to throw myself across Don Muraco’s “unconscious” body to stop Ivan Koloff & Pat Patterson from repeatedly diving off the top rope onto him. Dusty Rhodes stopped me, grabbed a folding chair & cleaned house. I then helped other volunteers carry the unconscious yet totally rigid Muraco into the locker room where we left him on a bench, foaming at the mouth. Hilarious.

I could have died that night.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I went to the armory several times and watched Championship Wrestling from Florida every week on TV. Gordon Solie was the best. Cagy Ring veterans and “scientific” wrestlers like Harley Race.

I tried to climb into the ring when I was about 15 - 6’, 135. My plan was to throw myself across Don Muraco’s “unconscious” body to stop Ivan Koloff & Pat Patterson from repeatedly diving off the top rope onto him. Dusty Rhodes stopped me, grabbed a folding chair & cleaned house. I then helped other volunteers carry the unconscious yet totally rigid Muraco into the locker room where we left him on a bench, foaming at the mouth. Hilarious.

I could have died that night.
Don 'the rock' Muraco was one of my favs as a kid. And Harley Race vs Jerry Lawler were some good matches. They literally hated each other.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If Brad dont stop jabbing me I want him in the ring,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can still do the Atomic drop kick.................
220px-Jumping_Joe_Savoldi_Australia_1937.jpg
:rotfl:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I used to love wrestling in FL as a kid when Gordon Solie was the announcer.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Brad dont stop jabbing me I want him in the ring,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can still do the Atomic drop kick.................
220px-Jumping_Joe_Savoldi_Australia_1937.jpg
:rotfl:
Be careful. I think Brad might have, like "Cyclone" Negro, a steel plate in his head. Lethal. At least that was the legend back in my day!

images

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Saw another story today that when he had the plane crash, he regained consciousness just long enough to have the paramedics get a women’s phone number out of the shaving kit so wife wouldn’t find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator