The Oxrageous Podcast North Texas Post-game Thoughts

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree with Ox on Trask. I say we go with Appleby as long as we are undefeated. Once we lose once or definitely twice, then we go with the youth movement.
Just my two cents

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Always be careful about throwing a Freshman into what will be a lions den at Neyland. The mental disruption in the mind of a QB can be detrimental if he gets his clocked cleaned due to the O-line in front of him. We need these freshman to develop on some reasonable schedule and not be mentally damaged goods moving forward. I would think you start with the experience and see how it plays out. Practice like hell this week Appleby and be a Gator hero for once in your career. Bring the 3rd string freshman into situations that encourage or have a higher percentage of success (ie, at home or lesser media/fan hysteria). Just saying...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree with Ox on Trask. I say we go with Appleby as long as we are undefeated. Once we lose once or definitely twice, then we go with the youth movement.
Just my two cents

I understand what you're saying. But I'm not a fan of throwing away a season. And every game is an opportunity for a win. Don't just give up a game to save a redshirt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Always be careful about throwing a Freshman into what will be a lions den at Neyland.
We beat them with true freshmen Driskel and Freon, and with 2 star noodle arm Tyler Murphy.

In fact, I think the whole leg injury is just Mac's way of toying with the Inbreds. It will hurt worse if we use a spoon.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2: Do you really think saving a redshirt year for Trash has ever been a concern? :lmao2:
Your relentless bashing of Kyle Trask, who has done absolutely nothing but come to Gainesville and work his ass off, became tiresome months ago. Give it a rest.

If you feel you have to bash someone over Kyle Trask, bash the coaches. They offered him a scholarship.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It would be a pleasant surprise if Trask came in balled. He can't do any worse than what we've had in the past.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He ain't playing unless AA gets hurt too. Or really stinks up the field...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to get through a season happy again... :waiting:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Did you edit your posts in the Kyle Trash HOF thread?
You're a flipping idiot. Trask was a symbol of where I thought we were in recruiting at that time - I didn't understand the move. It wasn't a personal vendetta against Kyle Trask. He has come in and worked hard, and I'd love to see him get a shot. He was offered a scholarship and accepted it. What exactly has he done to warrant personal attacks?

You're out of line on this and you know it, but instead of cooling it you're going to double down.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You're a flipping idiot. Trask was a symbol of where I thought we were in recruiting at that time - I didn't understand the move. It wasn't a personal vendetta against Kyle Trask. He has come in and worked hard, and I'd love to see him get a shot. He was offered a scholarship and accepted it. What exactly has he done to warrant personal attacks?

You're out of line on this and you know it, but instead of cooling it you're going to double down.
Our biggest troll reprimanding #2? :lol:

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Play who ever gives the team the best opportunity to win. It's that simple. If Trask doesn't know the playbook still, he's uselss. If the streak ends at 11 and AA is garbage, move on to the future.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
The truth is, at this point nobody knows what this QB change will bring. I have to believe that Appleby or Trask will get in a groove and keep the flow going in the TN game. Del Rio may have been the coaches choice but I expected more from him based on the pre-season hype. He's a serviceable QB, but that's not setting the bar very high. We can roll with Appleby or Trask because neither one are the disaster that Treon was. His problem was between the ears - a walking panic attack. I think (hope) we're past that. TN is going down, again, #12.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Trask has never started a game in his career. You want his first start to be in Knox? Alrighty then.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather give one of the freshmen some valuable game experience than give it to a 5th year grad transfer. He seems like a good kid but the qb play is gonna suck either way. My biggest hope is that coaches roll with who gives us the best chance to win and not a guy based solely on experience.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
IMy biggest hope is that coaches roll with who gives us the best chance to win and not a guy based solely on experience.

1. One would assume that the coaches will roll with the QB that, in their determination, gives the best chance to win.
2. Experience is a relevant factor in that determination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.