The Oxrageous Podcast Post-Game Thoughts

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty spot on. For the record, I didn't "call" for Treon. I was just assuming (wrongly thank god) that JMac was gonna pull Grier after that interception in the end zone. Very glad he let him stay in and finish the game. I think you're right. Grier is a Freshman (redshirt) and played much like a Freshman, but he also makes some great throws. If the O-Line gels a bit and starts giving him a little more time, he could be special. Won't make it to the end of the season without missing a game or two if he keeps having to run for his life as many times as he did tonight though. Dunno what he did to his ribs or shoulder tonight, but you could tell it hurt but he toughed it out. Showed some grit. imo

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oline is going to get ate up against tougher SEC teams, which make Grier scramble even more. Led the team in rushing.. KT needs to hit the hole and go, him and DRob dance too much.
An ugly win but we'll take them all year long.. Only scoring 14 against KY is not a good sign.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Will have to listen tomorrow... So glad Bullard came back for his senior year! Collins is looking like a great hire, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;281815 said:
Oline is going to get ate up against tougher SEC teams, which make Grier scramble even more. Led the team in rushing.. KT needs to hit the hole and go, him and DRob dance too much.
An ugly win but we'll take them all year long.. Only scoring 14 against KY is not a good sign.

I thought the Robinson could've picked up way more yardage if he would just catch the ball and turn up field. He's constantly dancing.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ugly win, but the streak is extended and I think we'll take care of the Vols next week, too. Go Gators!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n281829 said:
Ugly win, but the streak is extended and I think we'll take care of the Vols next week, too. Go Gators!

I'll take some of what you are drinking...

:drunk:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n281861 said:

jack-daniels.jpg

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
CaribGator;n281815 said:

Hardin is off to a bad start. We really should have scored a TD on the drive that ended in his missed FG.

And Grier will learn to be more careful in the redzone. I appreciate trying to mix up the play calling and throwing on first and goal, but with a young qb, running from the 5 wouldn't have been a bad idea.

We weren't too far away from 24 or 28 points in this game and were denied those totals by hopefully "correctable" mistakes.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n281822 said:
I thought the Robinson could've picked up way more yardage if he would just catch the ball and turn up field. He's constantly dancing.
That's his biggest negative. He wants to break every catch but it keeps him from turning up the field. I know I shouldn't, but I keep comparing him to Harvin. That's my advice to him, "be like Percy" and go up the field.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n281861 said:

I am nervous about next week also - we better hope the Swamp and the defense can manufacture a win for us somehow.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
LongTooth;n281907 said:
We weren't too far away from 24 or 28 points in this game and were denied those totals by hopefully "correctable" mistakes.

Exactly. Sloppy game but you could sense that we were on the verge of bustin' it.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBenji;n281906 said:
Good stuff ox, I agree with most of what you said

What parts did you disagree with? Details please, and don't fear the repercussions.

I surprisingly agreed with everything Ox. Good summary. Only thing I'd add is a tip of the cap to Davis, who was flying around all night. Also, piling on KT, I was really disappointed in his effort on the 3rd and long screenplay to the left that was set up perfectly, hit the damn hole and recognize we need 10 yes, not 6. Same with Robinson, he's so talented and so undisciplined.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n281996 said:
What parts did you disagree with? Details please, and don't fear the repercussions.
Yeah, I'd like to know this, too. And remember that any disagreements come with a lifetime ban! :ban:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n281914 said:
I am nervous about next week also - we better hope the Swamp and the defense can manufacture a win for us somehow.

When are you not nervous? Seriously.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n282117 said:
When are you not nervous? Seriously.

When up by more than a TD and a 2 point conversion with a few seconds on the clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.