The Oxrageous Podcast - Tennessee post-game thoughts

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't agree more, Ox. TH gives me hope for a decent season...while JD gives me a migraine. What's it gonna be the rest of the way?

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
You brought me down fast. Driskel back next week? Muschamp is bad, but he can't be that bad.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp was quoted elsewhere as saying in post game "it's not all Jeff's fault what happened today but everybody loves to blame Jeff for everything anyway. Everything is always Jeff's fault". While this is true literally- that it wasn't ALL on jeff, , it comes off overprotective and sounds like he refuses to see what is happening in front of him. . I heard him say he was proud of treion, then, that he wanted to take jeff out for a series, let him sit, . and then said treon had the hot hand today- voice emphasis on today. I expect jeff to start. hopefully treon plays some.

I don't have any animosity toward JD. I think it would be hard to keep going out in front of so many people and having poor showing. It is the coaching decisions that have seemed poor.,

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, it seems like you and I see what we see and interpret things in a most similar fashion. Your observations are, again, spot on. We all saw the team, offense AND defense, respond to the change at QB. That is what the game is all about...leadership, playmaking, and momentum. This teams was given the opportunity to rally around a young QB...and they did. If Muschamp cannot see that, he absolutely needs to be let go. If Driskel gets the start, the whole team is going to say "here we go again". Not good for the Gators....

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, throw us a bone.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
There will be a riot in the swamp if JD starts.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is no doubt, our Defense played well today. Huge turn around from the previous 2 games.

Treon Harris gave our offense life. It doesn't matter that he's a freshman. It doesn't matter that he's only practiced with the 2nd team. It doesn't matter that he doesn't know all the playbook yet. What matters is the TEAM responded to him. The entire team took on a new persona when Treon entered the game. 3 quarters of dropped balls, missed blocks, overthrows, tipped balls intercepted, 0 points. In comes Treon and he marches the team to 10 points and the victory. Some guys got the "it" factor and some don't. I don't hate Jeff Driskel. I think he's a great kid and a fine Gator ambassador, but he just doesn't have what it takes to pick a team up when they're down and get them back on the right track. Apparently Treon does.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
If WM still starts JD over TH then he deserves to get fired. If TH struggles or bombs then you can put JD back in. But he may spark the team long term. He did today and they won. An ugly win for sure and the Gators could easily have 3 losses but have only 1. Start TH and see what happens. JD is not the golden boy. His high school highlights are unreal JD was like a video game star in high school but it never translated to college football.

Gator defense was stout. Didn't the Vols put up alot of points last week?

Will is still in trouble that'sd a fact. They were lucky to win this game and the Kentucky game. Now they need to play alot better to have any kind of a season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great stuff and spot on as always Ox. Beating TN never gets old no matter ugly it was. I am actually excited about loading up and heading to FL next weekend for LSU.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Great commentary, Ox.

I honestly wonder what Muschamp sees in Driskel when the stats show 3 interceptions, no points in 3 quarters of play, yet another hall of shame offensive record for the first half of play, and a defense that is fast getting depleted because the offense can't stay away from 3rd and long. What does he see that spectators and booth analysts and former UF players don't? When does personal loyalty to one player outweigh what is best for the team as a whole? Driskel has been given every opportunity to demonstrate his abilities, and to date, he is a massive fail. Nothing personal against the young man because this isn't and shouldn't be personal. It's about talent and the ability to play SÉC football at a high level. He just doesn't have what it takes. I don't know if Harris does or not, but I saw today a team that rallied around the spark he provided. Driskel has not been able to do that yet even with the full support of his head coach behind him. Muschamp is the personification of the old adage, "there is none so blind as he who will not see."

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It is hard for me to get excited about a win when I know it means Muschamp may be here for another year. The schedule plays out that if he beats LSU there is a good chance he'll finish 7-4 which is good enough to keep his job in Foley's eyes (IMO). Then we get to have another 8-4 or 7-5 year again next year. :suicide:

As usual, another great podcast Ox.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It was an ugly win but like ox said. It was great to see the look on the volunteer fans faces. It's always good to beat a rival.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
You will literally have to talk me off the ledge if JD starts next week. It is absolutely insane to think he should be in there. Good podcast as usual Ox.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Feel good about saying I was uniting behind Muschamp for this game. He and I evidently had the same gut feeling after seeing that checkerboard fanbase and hearing Rocky Top, "Screw all of it, let's beat these jerks."

I can disagree on quite a few things with Will but sending those people home unhappy was something he enjoyed as much as I did and I appreciated his reaction.

There is a whole week before LSU and I am going to drink in beating those guys all week long and worry about what we'll do for the Tigers the second I plop my bottom down in my seat.

It's great to be a Florida Gator! All hail, Florida hail!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n69217 said:
It is hard for me to get excited about a win when I know it means Muschamp may be here for another year. The schedule plays out that if he beats LSU there is a good chance he'll finish 7-4 which is good enough to keep his job in Foley's eyes (IMO). Then we get to have another 8-4 or 7-5 year again next year. :suicide:

I was worried about that all offseason, but I can't let that stop me enjoying this win. Was really proud of the way the defense continued to battle. They've given up in those situations in the past when the offense couldn't do squat. TH brought new life to the offense and they managed to do just enough to get the win. Secondary looked like a different team from what we saw the previous 2 games. Lots to be proud of and let's hope this inspired play continues.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dear Friends,JD starting next week would be the ugliest moment the swamp has ever seen, I can t even think about it. On the other hand, if it helps us finally get rid of the Chump is it worth the pain? Sad we have come to this.
Bayern Gator

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n69217 said:

Yep if Harris plays and we are 7-3 going into the FSU game Foley will retain Muschamp - I have a little hope to win the East if Harris continues to start however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.