The real reason Mac took a loss on his house is no joke

If UF stinks in 2018, which would you rather see happen?

• Emory Jones gets playing time

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • Emory Jones gets redshirted

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
luke.gif

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This HAS to be fake news, given it does not fit into the narrative hereabouts.

Butters was fumbling asshat, a tool for Fooley and he was run out of Gainesville so quickly that he sold his house to the first person offering to buy it.

Shame on you, Dunder.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
“The house is great for me” said Tyler Staab. “The wide hallways are easy for me to get around and access the rest of house without additional help.”

Tylers bedroom is huge, rivaling the size of his parents master bedroom. “My bedroom is great. As a 20 year old, it’s nice to have room like this to have a ton of your stuff and not feel cluttered. The only thing weird is that when I first opened the closet to store my Nebraska memorabilia and rare bbq sauces, there was already a ton of both in there! The McElwains are so generous to leave this for me. How did they know?!?”

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
This HAS to be fake news, given it does not fit into the narrative hereabouts.

Butters was fumbling asshat, a tool for Fooley and he was run out of Gainesville so quickly that he sold his house to the first person offering to buy it.

Shame on you, Dunder.
Ppines???? Damn, I didn’t even know you slum around these parts!!! How the hell are ya???

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Ppines???? Damn, I didn’t even know you slum around these parts!!! How the hell ate ya???

Opinions vary. I think I'm fine.

This place isn't a good match for me so I pretty much stick to occasion appearances in the Chatterbox (i.e. the Man Sauna.) However, BNA is the mod there now so I'll pop up more often.

Are the girls in high school yet? :dunno:

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Opinions vary. I think I'm fine.

This place isn't a good match for me so I pretty much stick to occasion appearances in the Chatterbox (i.e. the Man Sauna.) However, BNA is the mod there now so I'll pop up more often.

Are the girls in high school yet? :dunno:
Yes, the oldest is a sophomore and plays line 1 on the tennis team. The other is finishing 8th grade and hopes to make the JV soccer and tennis teams at Bishop Kenny next school year. Thanks for asking.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This place isn't a good match for me so I pretty much stick to occasion appearances in the Chatterbox.
Being a Butters nutswinger would make this place a poor match, I must agree. We still love you and wish you the best on the Michigan boards.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On the surface this sounds like a very noble gesture. Just one thing. Nobody intentionally takes a 400k hit, esp one you can't write off on your tax return.

Do you suppose the flusie realtor made this up to save face? Nowhere is there a corroborating statement from Mac himself.

I know. I sound really jaded.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
On the surface this sounds like a very noble gesture. Just one thing. Nobody intentionally takes a 400k hit, esp one you can't write off on your tax return.

Do you suppose the flusie realtor made this up to save face? Nowhere is there a corroborating statement from Mac himself.

Journalists.................

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015

Dude is rolling in cash he got from us. He can afford to take the loss, tax write off or not.

I doubt the 'feel good' aspects and trying to make up to the G'ville populace played into his decision. Likely just wanted to be done with the place.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Dude is rolling in cash he got from us. He can afford to take the loss, tax write off or not.

I doubt the 'feel good' aspects and trying to make up to the G'ville populace played into his decision. Likely just wanted to be done with the place.
Exacly. 7 million dollars he did not earn. Nice gesture towards someone else but it’s not like he’s hurting for that 400k.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Can you even imagine the lip quivering, eyes-welling, voice shaking manner in which McElwain conveyed this message to the writer? Nice story or not, I bet the guy still left there disliking JM.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014

Wow, man, just wow. The story says the McElwain’s declined comment for the story. Could you blame them?

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Can you even imagine the lip quivering, eyes-welling, voice shaking manner in which McElwain conveyed this message to the writer? Nice story or not, I bet the guy still left there disliking JM.
JM declined comment for the story. The story came from the family who bought the house.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
JM declined comment for the story. The story came from the family who bought the house.

Well I was being somewhat facetious with my post, as I didn't actually see any quotes from JM in the story. But while I recognize the goodwill gesture, I'll still take any chance to take a swipe at McElwain. At a minimum, he was a liar and full of undue pride, two terrible qualities.

My take from the story is I'm happy for the family. That's great for them.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully they fumigated the home before occupying. Nothing worse than the stench of loser all over your clothes.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, man, just wow. The story says the McElwain’s declined comment for the story. Could you blame them?
After the empty death threats and riding a shark buck naked while 80 pounds overweight, I think Mac owes us all an apology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator