The remaining schedule - results?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My best guess

LSU (L)
Missouri (L)
Georgia (W) - I figure we split Mizzou and Georgia so I gave us the better win here
@Arkansas (L)
South Carolina (W) but definitely not a guarantee any longer
Presbyterian (W)
@FSU (L) - They have issues but can probably just run the ball down our throats with the defensive line size issues we have.

I think we are definitely looking at 7-5 and it would take some nice breaks to pull an 8-4 record.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My best guess

LSU (L)
Missouri (L)
Georgia (W) - I figure we split Mizzou and Georgia so I gave us the better win here
@Arkansas (L)
South Carolina (W) but definitely not a guarantee any longer
Presbyterian (W)
@FSU (L) - They have issues but can probably just run the ball down our throats with the defensive line size issues we have.

I think we are definitely looking at 7-5 and it would take some nice breaks to pull an 8-4 record.

LSU as of now id say we lose unless we get drastically better next week. Mizzou is a win, Georgia is more of a toss up but as of now I'd have to give them the win. Arkansas is a loss. South Carolina is a win. Cupcake is a win. FSU is a loss. We are looking at a likely 7-5 record unless we somehow get some actual O line players that can blow someone off the ball and we get another 6 or 7 D lineman over 300 pounds.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
No guesses on my part. After seeing so many predict rolling Tennessee and Vandy, I'm in wait and watch mode. If we are realistically eliminated from SEC East in next two weeks with a loss or Tenessee win, then I look forward to Franks/Trask getting some game action.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No guesses on my part. After seeing so many predict rolling Tennessee and Vandy, I'm in wait and watch mode. If we are realistically eliminated from SEC East in next two weeks with a loss or Tenessee win, then I look forward to Franks/Trask getting some game action.

I hope Franks doesn't get thrown into this mess. It might permanently affect him mentally. The offense should at least be a little better next season - I say let Del Rio and Appleby take the beatings this season and start Franks next season.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
When we are eliminated they should play a freshman and hopefully get some recruits excited. Easonmay make mistakes but kids might be excited to play with him. We don't have that

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
I hope Franks doesn't get thrown into this mess. It might permanently affect him mentally. The offense should at least be a little better next season - I say let Del Rio and Appleby take the beatings this season and start Franks next season.

I agree for the most part. If the season is already over with no championships to play for, then the possibility of playing one of the freshman may sound enticing for a look into the future. You know this staff will not do that, so it's all just talk on our ends. I am really getting tired of this mentality of play for next year, especially with one loss.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking 6-6. I think we can beat South Carolina, but Missouri is going to be tougher than I thought.

UGA, LSU, ARK, and FSU are very likely losses.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I'm thinking 6-6. I think we can beat South Carolina, but Missouri is going to be tougher than I thought.

UGA, LSU, ARK, and FSU are very likely losses.
I don't disagree but man if you are the coaching staff/team how do you defend that record and put a positive spin on it? We need to start seeing some progress from macs "process "

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yea, that way he can start his career with getting steam rolled by Mich.

Michigan does lose their whole starting defense basically for next season. Not sure what he has for backups however but that mess about us losing so much isn't an excuse like I have heard a few people say because Michigan loses just as much or more actually on defense and only has like 5 returning starters on offense - less than we do.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Michigan does lose their whole starting defense basically for next season. Not sure what he has for backups however but that mess about us losing so much isn't an excuse like I have heard a few people say because Michigan loses just as much or more actually on defense and only has like 5 returning starters on offense - less than we do.

Michigan could play us with just their returners and spank us.

I'm with OX. 6-6. Mizzu will kill our OL. LSU is going to kill our DL. And UGA will kill or secondary.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I've seen nothing that makes me think our staff will out coach Michigan at this point. We got worked by Butch Jones.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
7-5, Mac gets a third year and everyone on GCMB gets a severe case of indigestion.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't look any farther than LSU. That will either confirm what most of us are thinking about the coaches and the team right now, or he somehow gets our sh!t together and has our little giants start playing like it matters again. After that, we'll either sprint or drag toward the next one. We'll see. If Mac doesn't have an extension yet, there should be a sense of urgency, injuries and a suspect roster notwithstanding. We'll see.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
7-5, Mac gets a third year and everyone on GCMB gets a severe case of indigestion.
Unfortunately, I don't think there is anyway to avoid a 3rd year for Mac. Didn't Foley give him an extension after winning SEC-E last year? Hopefully our new AD will have other ideas.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately, I don't think there is anyway to avoid a 3rd year for Mac. Didn't Foley give him an extension after winning SEC-E last year? Hopefully our new AD will have other ideas.

Well you want to always show the recruits the guy has a contract for the next few years. My problem is when they give an unproven coach an extension that boosts the firing payout a lot like what happened with Muschamp. They should just give the extension for recruiting purposes but hold the line on payouts some. The agents be damned.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, just a raise. A 750,000 year raise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator