The remaining schedule - results?

Gator_Chompz

Founding Member
Marine 4 Life
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
You think our offense looks bad? Wait until next season where we lose 3/4 of the players since most starters are juniors and seniors. We will have very young sides of the ball and another losing season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It kinda smells like complacency has found its way to the doorstep early, doesn't it?
Well, if nothing else he seemed to have tipped the balance with respect to us not standing pat with our 80s era facilities. That isn't to be discounted. His frank assessments of the situation and how it was assisting to destroy recruiting seemed to also tip the balance with Fooley finally being invited to retire against his wishes.

The next guy is going to be in a big hole, but at least it's a big hole with new facilities on the way.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Why all the sudden do we think Missouri or South Carolina are any good?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why all the sudden do we think Missouri or South Carolina are any good?
We don't. We think they are about as good as Vandy. We also think we are about as good as Vandy.

I'd call them tossups.

Losing two of the only 3 DTs on the roster, didn't help. The only real DT left, Khairi Clark, hasn't been inspiring at all up there.

Last edited:

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I hope Franks doesn't get thrown into this mess. It might permanently affect him mentally. The offense should at least be a little better next season - I say let Del Rio and Appleby take the beatings this season and start Franks next season.

If elimination is all but certain, then why not give the frosh QBs some series? They wouldn't have to start or play entire halves. Anyway, LSU awaits and we'll know more by next Saturday evening.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
By how we are playing, it makes it a tougher schedule than it should be. Hopefully we can get to 9 wins but I'm thinking more like 8 so we will see

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
If we finish with 5 or 6 losses we need to fire Mac. We probably won't though until next season unless the team does something crazy and loss 8 games this year which is very unlikely . At the very least he needs to make big staff changes. I hope the new AD is as obsessed with football as the typical Mississippi man is and kills mediocrity instantly.... Unlike foley that pumped and tolerated it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meh, we'll probably win 1 more game, everybody knows which one, and Jeremy will sneak in a 10 year contract extension behind the scenes just before he walks out the door and hands the keys to the new guy. Gator Nation band wagoners everywhere fall off the ledge and disappear for the next decade. Jump forward to 2026 and new AD Daniel Carl Wuerffel hires head coach Timothy Tebow who begins the UF dynasty that lasts for a generation.
:chomp:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You think our offense looks bad? Wait until next season where we lose 3/4 of the players since most starters are juniors and seniors. We will have very young sides of the ball and another losing season.

I think most of the starters on offense return. Its the defense we are losing all the players. Unless you are talking about going into 2018.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Meh, we'll probably win 1 more game, everybody knows which one, and Jeremy will sneak in a 10 year contract extension behind the scenes just before he walks out the door and hands the keys to the new guy.
After that Sully nonsense, this is a genuine concern.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My best guess

LSU (L)
Missouri (L)
Georgia (W) - I figure we split Mizzou and Georgia so I gave us the better win here
@Arkansas (L)
South Carolina (W) but definitely not a guarantee any longer
Presbyterian (W)
@FSU (L) - They have issues but can probably just run the ball down our throats with the defensive line size issues we have.

I think we are definitely looking at 7-5 and it would take some nice breaks to pull an 8-4 record.

We beat Mizzou, Carolina and the religious school. The rest are toss ups. If the other team is ranked forgettaboutit. Mac struggles against better coaching and talent. Not expecting much from here until the day he is let go(hopefully after next season's crash). And I think this is a weak schedule.

Coach Mac is underwhelming and not a very good fit here. Next year we'll know right away vs Mich. If Harbaugh beats him silly that will be the final nail in his coffin. There's absolutely no reason to give Macchump a 4th year, none.

As I said before, the guy peaked in his first season. Sad people...very sad.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Macs what, about 1-6 versus ranked teams? I had a friend compare him to Al Golden, and he's spot-on. Al couldn't beat ranked teams either, and if that's the case, well as Bone Saw said, you're going nowhere.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Macs what, about 1-6 versus ranked teams? I had a friend compare him to Al Golden, and he's spot-on. Al couldn't beat ranked teams either, and if that's the case, well as Bone Saw said, you're going nowhere.
Golden was a better recruiter.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is 1-7 all-time vs the AP Top 25

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Go back to the threads when we hired him....

I've said all along.. Mac is Brady Hoke.

Never thought otherwise....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Mac is 1-7 all-time vs the AP Top 25

This is like the 100th time your sorry troll ass has posted this. Im glad ox is amused by your posts because most arent. We all know Macs record without you plastering it in every single post of ever single thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator