The Ridiculousness that is the 4 team playoff

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n103373 said:
Baylor lost to WVU
TCU lost to Baylor which is higher ranked than WVU

I get the reasoning. They have no conf championship game. Who is each loss to? Head to head? I guess not.

The committee guy after the release said it is just what it is now and if other things are close at the end head to head would possibly be the determining factor.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n103379 said:
The committee guy after the release said it is just what it is now and if other things are close at the end head to head would possibly be the determining factor.

Sounds good to me

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is way too early to complain about the polls. There are still 4 weeks of games to be played and the rankings will look different a month from now. So far there is no reason as to why the 4 team playoff is insufficient.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ultimate SEC scenario is Bammer slipping by Cowbell this week then both winning out.

Bottom line, Semenholes lose one and they are done.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with 8 is teams like fsux would be able to play for it every single year. Lets be real, if fsux loses 2 games in a year that's a disastrous year for them in that joke of a conference. I'm bring serious. When we are back up and running the only real teams they may play are us, Miami maybe and Clemson is good every 3 years or so. It's actually easier than ever for them with this 4 team one now. Play sisters of the poor and just be unimpressive and be rewarded at 4th spot. Your in.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Only vote that matters is the last one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In the final poll, teams will get credit for winning various championships. A one loss Semenhole team will be in the playoffs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If it's not clear whether you are arguably #4 vs #5, you have no argument that you are a national championship contender. That will be a team with a bad loss, a late loser of a championship game, something like that. I don't carry if the piss and moan about finishing 5th instead of 4th. Want to be a champion? Win.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;103609 said:
In the final poll, teams will get credit for winning various championships. A one loss Semenhole team will be in the playoffs.
Strongly disagree. They have nobody ranked to play. One loss absolutely kills their chance, even with an acc championship. It's why they keep slipping even though they are undefeated

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The clowns dropped below a one loss team. That shows you what the people in charge think of their "amazing" streak. A one loss nole team will PLUMMET in the rankings. Nolie fans are having a rude awakening this year realizing that they actually have to play some teams to get to the championship and that W/L isn't everything anymore.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n103609 said:

You're outside of of your mind if you believe this

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n103715 said:
You're outside of of your mind if you believe this

You think a one loss ACC champion, who happens to be the defending champion would be left out of the playoff?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Again, remember their one loss would be to an UNRANKED team. A big bad acc championship wouldn't save them, may put them back in the top 10

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n103679 said:
Strongly disagree. They have nobody ranked to play. One loss absolutely kills their chance, even with an acc championship. It's why they keep slipping even though they are undefeated

We used to be ranked

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n103717 said:
You think a one loss ACC champion, who happens to be the defending champion would be left out of the playoff?

no I don't think that, I know they wouldn't get in. It's all about who you play there's too many 1 loss teams with better resumes.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Previous accomplishments should have zero baring on the committee, it it's obvious that's the way they feel too

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator