Things are lining up nicely for the eventual hire of Chip Kelly

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
No, no, no, no, NO...you gotta get off Chip Kelly. His system would be disastrous in the SEC, just like the NFL. Lets move on and find a good coach.
Actually the spread is the offense that gives Saban the most trouble. Plus he runs an up tempo offense which gives Saban problems. Everyone under the sun knew it wouldn't work in the NFL. Plus Saban sucked in the NFL and look at him now.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Better not let Nostradamus aka maheo30 see this thread. He saw Kelly personally pay recruits 8 years ago at Oregon. So we are idiots for wanting him.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If we can't/won't get Kelly, Frost is easily the second-best option - a younger version of Kelly.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If we can't/won't get Kelly, Frost is easily the second-best option - a younger version of Kelly.

Would that make Frost the better candidate? Were any recruiting shenanigans tied to Frost?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Better not let Nostradamus aka maheo30 see this thread. He saw Kelly personally pay recruits 8 years ago at Oregon. So we are idiots for wanting him.

It won't be Kelly. I'm not worried. And his cheating was well reported and very detailed. Kelly's an idiot for being stupid enough to get caught.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It won't be Kelly. I'm not worried. And his cheating was well reported and very detailed. Kelly's an idiot for being stupid enough to get caught.
He paid some service to evaluate HS players for recruiting purposes, as I recall. It wasnt the crime of the century. :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Norvell's the focus of a lot of media speculation this evening. Frost probably belongs in that camp, too. I'm unclear on whether Kelly and UF would find each other a good fit, although I personally think he'd be a good hire.

Got other business to take care of first. What to do with the current coach.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You should really look into what actually happened at Oregon instead of just believing some fairy tale you heard on the internet.
I'm not gonna bother providing links cause I've already done it in another thread.
Kelly was found to have no knowledge of what was going on at Oregon by the NCAA he was given the show cause because he left during the investigation.
It's basically the Pete Carrol rule.

The players were paid by an outside source the NCAA did a thorough investigation and found that no one from the University of Oregon was involved.
Hence why Oregon received no punishment whatsoever.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Frost is like a if Kelly and Ms Robocop had a red-headed love child.

His first order of business would to keep the current class together but make it even better with all the positive mo he would bring. This needs to happen. Stricklin might just have Fooely's luck gene.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Frost is my first choice to replace McYet, but wonder if he's on a SOS-like trajectory that will make him unavailable to us: played QB at a high level at a big-time program (Nebraska); played in the NFL; went into college coaching; has had success as HC at a mid-to-lower tier Div I program. Next stop, his alma mater? Mike Riley is reportedly having a rocky time at Nebraska.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator