This shouldn’t even be possible

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While I understand and agree with your skepticism, I also look forward to your alternative explanation.
An explosion? Horse was an offshoot of the Lippizonner breed, “climbing” rather than “prancing?” Trained by John Eubanks, coon hunter extraordinaire made famous by Jerry Clower and renowned for “Knock him out, John!?”

That‘s all I got!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
An explosion? Horse was an offshoot of the Lippizonner breed, “climbing” rather than “prancing?” Trained by John Eubanks, coon hunter extraordinaire made famous by Jerry Clower and renowned for “Knock him out, John!?”

That‘s all I got!
Plausible but doubtful.

Back in the late 70's or early 80's the world famous Lipizzaner Stallions came to the Leon Co Civic Center and performed. I was mesmerized and certain I wanted one as a pet. It sadly never happened. Probably for the best.

1701624940888.png

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Plausible but doubtful.

Back in the late 70's or early 80's the world famous Lipizzaner Stallions came to the Leon Co Civic Center and performed. I was mesmerized and certain I wanted one as a pet. It sadly never happened. Probably for the best.

View attachment 64745
Well, you’re currently living in horse country. If you believe it, you can achieve it! And btw I do remember the Lipizzaners coming to the Civic Center. They are truly magnificent performers.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Well, you’re currently living in horse country. If you believe it, you can achieve it! And btw I do remember the Lipizzaners coming to the Civic Center. They are truly magnificent performers.

Meh, we had horses growing up and then Seedy and I owned horses. Expensive lawn ornaments.
I like looking at the neighbor's horses best. Much cheaper that way.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Plausible but doubtful.

View attachment 64745
Growing up my sister was a horse nut, so when the Lippizaners came to DC she'd convince my mom to get tickets and I would get dragged along. I'm not much for horses, but these ones were pretty cool to watch. A lot of folks don't know the role the US Army played in saving them in the waning days of WW2 in Europe. For those here who might be unaware....

How General Patton and Some Unlikely Allies Saved Austria's Fabled White Horses.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Growing up my sister was a horse nut, so when the Lippizaners came to DC she'd convince my mom to get tickets and I would get dragged along. I'm not much for horses, but these ones were pretty cool to watch. A lot of folks don't know the role the US Army played in saving them in the waning days of WW2 in Europe. For those here who might be unaware....

How General Patton and Some Unlikely Allies Saved Austria's Fabled White Horses.
Good story, thanks for sharing it. Those are amazing horses.

Watch at least the first 2 min of this video. This is incredible even if you are not a horse person.
Glamourdale, with Lottie Fry onboard, perfectly dances to Another One Bites the Dust.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
View attachment 64731

A black stallion hangs from a large tree in a grove of trees outside Louisville, Kentucky in 1937, drawing a crowd of spectators. The group is pictured admiring the marvelous sight and talking about how the horse climbed it. Later, they went and invited the oldest elder in the village over, who gave the answer after careful observation. The horse was washed by the flood to the tree, just by the branches of the tree and hung on it, the horse struggled again and again but could not get rid of it, and finally drowned hanging on the tree, and then the flood water receded, and then presented the present found in the same grim predicament

View attachment 64731

A black stallion hangs from a large tree in a grove of trees outside Louisville, Kentucky in 1937, drawing a crowd of spectators. The group is pictured admiring the marvelous sight and talking about how the horse climbed it. Later, they went and invited the oldest elder in the village over, who gave the answer after careful observation. The horse was washed by the flood to the tree, just by the branches of the tree and hung on it, the horse struggled again and again but could not get rid of it, and finally drowned hanging on the tree, and then the flood water receded, and then presented the present appearance!
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it sink.

Thankfully, the rider came to his senses and got off his high horse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.