This Thread Sucks! (Just like Orlando)

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Minus the migrant workers....hell I've got hundreds of thousands of those living all over the east side of Orlando....they migrated in about 12 or so years ago.....I keep waiting for them to migrate back out.
Actually Crete will be migrating somewhere coastal like Vero, Jupiter or Ponte Verde Beach in about 3-5 years, where they check the riff raff at the city limits signs.....

What is this Ponte Verde you refer to?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Urg is protective of Orlando like Ancient is of all states.
Not really. I just think Crete is over the top with it. I know where he lives, and has lived. He apparently likes living in the most dense, and old, areas in the city.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He apparently likes living in the most dense, and old, areas in the city.
If you're going to insult my neighborhood then at least do it right.......you left out details about heavy traffic, high crime rates, piss poor schools and never forget the crappy infrastructure :haters:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you're going to insult my neighborhood then at least do it right.......you left out details about heavy traffic, high crime rates, piss poor schools and never forget the crappy infrastructure :haters:
Everyone already knows how shiity your neighborhood is, you post about it incessantly :lol:

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just got back from Orlando this weekend. I forgot about one key characteristic of Orlando drivers. There will be an accident and no lanes will be blacked by it but people will slow down so much to rubber neck that it causes traffic jams for miles. I saw this twice on I-4 in two days.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He apparently likes living in the most dense, and old, areas in the city.
I live in one of the oldest, densest areas of the city and I like it.

Seriously though, crime and traffic tend to be problems in every medium to large city.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Just got back from Orlando this weekend. I forgot about one key characteristic of Orlando drivers. There will be an accident and no lanes will be blacked by it but people will slow down so much to rubber neck that it causes traffic jams for miles. I saw this twice on I-4 in two days.
I've planned my life for the last 15 years around I-4 and rarely ever have to deal with it....My bigger problem is the bandana and over sized BB cap wearing Bozo's in bondo'd out Civics with fart can mufflers who have no problemo cutting across 3 lanes of traffic because their dumbass forgot where they were supposed to turn.....oh and the millions of idiots that live here and don't know the left lane is for thru or faster traffic....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The public schools in Seminole county are pretty damn good.
Seminole. County in general is much better run than Orange. Not only schools but roads, planning, taxes and pretty much everything else. Altamonte is a cluster f vck though....I still own a house in Oviedo and will probably never sell it, at least until my son graduates H.S just in case we ever had to send him to public school or had to downsize without being able to leave central Fl.. He will never set foot in an Orange County public school.....

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Crete, which city do you wish you lived in? Miami? Tampa? Jacksonville?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Went to Orlando Friday Night for the Guns N Roses Concert and left as quickly as I could on Saturday. For a 1.5 hour drive it took over 3 hours from Tampa to the hotel, most of it was sitting on I-4 while some accident which didn't block any lanes held up traffic. The Camping World Stadium is in the $hittiest part of town I'm assuming, was pleasantly surprised by the stadium it's a good looking stadium. Doesn't have a college feel at all though. We were staying on international drive and it was like neon and tourism $hit puked all over that area so annoying. The drive back wasn't so bad, but I assume it's because we got up and left before mickey hit someone.

The fun part was while sitting in traffic on I-4 from International Drive to Camping World Stadium we got to see 4 cops chase some dumbass across I-4 and up a steep embankment where he promptly gave up due to exhaustion.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So Crete, which city do you wish you lived in? Miami? Tampa? Jacksonville?

If you don't mind me chiming in, I'd pick Tampa, and esp if you expand it to Tampa Bay. Traffic is tolerable, you've got the downtown, SoHo, Hyde Park and you've got the beaches over in Pinellas. Jax isn't bad but it's still a bit too redneck for my taste. Miami? Fuhgetaboutit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.