Tim Tebow thinks Malik Zaire wins starting job

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well, there you have it folks!!!! It's a done deal!

Tim Tebow thinks Malik Zaire wins starting job
Tim Tebow weighs in on Florida's battle for the starting quarterback job.

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Tim-Tebow-thinks-Malik-Zaire-wins-starting-job-105308284

Former Florida quarterback Tim Tebow knows a thing or two about playing the position at a high level in Gainesville.

The Gators simply haven't been good there since he left. But speaking with the 247Sports CFB Podcast, Tebow opined that Malik Zaire has the potential to change that narrative.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner views him as the favorite to win the starting job.

"I do think Feleipe Franks has a very bright future, but you have to lean a little bit towards Malik if he's able to compete well and show his stuff in fall camp," Tebow said. "This is a player I've been around, I know him pretty well, he's pretty talented."

Zaire is a dual-threat quarterback who could provide Florida with some different wrinkles on offense, should coach Jim McElwain decide to take advantage.

That's where Tebow sees Zaire having a clear edge in the battle.

"Where he can change the game is with his athleticism, with his legs. If you go back a couple of years ago to the way he played in the bowl game against LSU, and that was a really good LSU defense, you could see the potential that this kid has. Coach Mac is a very coach, especially at coaching quarterbacks, and he's going to do a little bit of what Dan Mullen does and play to his quarterback's strengths, and I think that could give Malik a chance to have a special season."

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just Zaire and Franks huh?
:snicker:

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Spurrier kinda said the same thing (interview with Finebaum) -- but also made the case for a Zaire-Franks 2-QB scenario this season. I think we will see a replay of the Will/Treon shenanigans again in the first two games.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I saw a large IF, in the statement. It really says that IF he wins the job he will be the person. Tim of course likes dual threat QBs since he knows how that stresses a defense even an NFL defense. Time will tell.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I saw a large IF, in the statement. It really says that IF he wins the job he will be the person. Tim of course likes dual threat QBs since he knows how that stresses a defense even an NFL defense. Tim will tell.

Fixed it for ya

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This is all smoking mirrors.....

Del Rio starts... book it

For all intensive purposes, Mac should not start LDR irregardless if he is healthy or not. Than on the spurt of the moment Mac can choose Zaire while Franks is biting his time. We can all be in agreeance that this will be the best option other then the other options. It's a doggy-dog world out there.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As long as Zaire avoids scooters, taco stands, pot, cocaine, PEDs, police dogs, guys spilling drinks on him in clubs, and BNA's dead relatives haunting the athletic complex, he should be fine.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Allow me to bring up OSU QB Toy Smith ... Zaire could be a version of him, except Smith was the star QB for Ohio State and Heisman winner, yet he flopped vs SEC competition. Are sum you saying Zaire is better than Troy Smith, as he couldn't wrap up the starter's job at ND. Just something to wait to see?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.