Tim Tebow: What needs to be said to our players

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Tim is all the things that McElwain is not: vibrant, healthy, smart, insightful, intelligible, considerate, passionate -- all these things plus Tim is 100% Gator and loved by Gator Nation. Mac will never come close to anything Tim Tebow is.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I have often wondered why NFL coaches on the hot seat don't have this meeting with their teams. They should start the meeting and dismiss all the stats. Tell there teams all those guys will be here or in the NFL next year no matter what. It is the remaining 30 that will decide if he stays and they remain in the league because of the huge number of players cut and never signed by anyone after a staff is fired.

Personally, I think all teams, particularly teams whose season might be sliding away, should be reminded to:

1. Do their jobs as well as the can.

2. Trust their teammates to do their jobs.

3. Do not try to win the game by themselves

Some do and they also have the support of their players. New England is the best example. Do their job, and not as well as possible, but to the standard or you will be cut.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Me.

I said to myself the other day, some of us here are notoriously temperamental and may be a little quick to want to pull the plug. But when people like you and SQ are bailing, it says a lot.

I still wonder how much of the disdain for JM stems from the hangover of 2010-'14, which isn't entirely fair. But regardless, it's a problem for him.
I'm not a quick trigger guy AT ALL, and I was ready to hand Mac the pink slip myself after LSU.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Rhetorical question...we already have the answer :)

Seriously, I saw Tebow's response on the SEC network the other day and it took me back to a great time in UF football history. I would rather not believe it, but I'm wont to think that McElwain would be fearful of having one of our greats come in and speak pre-game. Might show him up. I have absolutely no confidence in him to do anything obvious or conventional. I've never gotten to this point with one of our coaches.

C2, when you start calling him "Butters" we'll know the end is near....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Some do and they also have the support of their players. New England is the best example. Do their job, and not as well as possible, but to the standard or you will be cut.

Right but the NE coach is not on the hot seat. I just think coaches on the hot seat would do well to tell the majority of the players that we are all in this together and if he goes many of them may well go. It might get their attention.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why isn't someone like Tim or Leak, or DW or Lito or someone doing a pregame locker room speech? And not even just this week. Why aren't we getting more involvement from former greats? Seems like an obvious move for a young, struggling team, and yet, we aren't doing it.

Chris Leak? No...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I still wonder how much of the disdain for JM stems from the hangover of 2010-'14, which isn't entirely fair. But regardless, it's a problem for him.

NONE OF IT! The disdain stems from a sub 100 offense 3 years running, the gibberish way he speaks at press conferences and other interviews, his insistence on keeping intact an ineffectual staff including but not limited to Nuss and Nord, his poor game management skills (I.e.- not knowing he had a timeout left in a recent game...WTF is that about rookie?!), his failure to make in game adjustments, losing games we should have won, having to hang on for dear life to beat teams like Kentucky, FAU, etc., his disengaged demeanor at seemingly all times including during the games and his total lack of fire and passion (i.e.- boy those Tennessee fans in Knoxville sure were loud as they rallied to beat us and that was perty kewl...SERIOUSLY MAC!!!).

I could keep going but I think you get the point that this is where the disdain stems from.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I said to myself the other day, some of us here are notoriously temperamental and may be a little quick to want to pull the plug. But when people like you and SQ are bailing, it says a lot.

For me, I was not overly excited when he was first hired, but wanted to give him a chance. East titles? Glad to have them, but in the overall scheme they're like winning a cake at the Halloween carnival. Getting our @ss beat at the end of seasons 1 and 2 by F$U and Bama, offensive futility from a guy who essentially guaranteed otherwise, staff issues, player issues, recruiting concerns, game management problems, and his latest "death threats" debacle have made it clear that he lacks proper concern and attention to necessary details and cannot handle criticism, constructive or otherwise. The guy's an aluminum siding salesman (with apologies to contractors and building professionals). He comes in and ********s his way to a deal to revitalize the community, gets paid big upfront, ****s up several homes, then finds a way to get out of town without completing the job or repairs. He isn't the guy for this position and truthfully, never was. He needs to be gone as soon as possible in my opinion and Stricklin needs to make sure we get a quality guy this time.

C2, when you start calling him "Butters" we'll know the end is near....
"Butters" is too kind for what I'm thinking about him and the job he's done. Speaking toward the "death threats" and how he brought up and managed this mess, I find it extremely difficult to believe that there were actually credible threats; more likely, as others have opined, there were some social media barbs that either his mind ran away with or he used to try and elicit sympathy or to deflect criticism of his deficiencies. His ego, to me, is inflated yet fragile, but also compromised by his insecurity and a need to be petted and fawned over excessively. Instead of bowing his back in the face of adversity, he's looking for excuses. Get him out of here before he ****s something else up and does even more damage. Hire a grown man with a backbone that'll get the job done.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Fire Mac Saturday night, hire Tebow as interim

If you could hire Tim I would be very happy, he might even know that the HBC needs a very good team of assistants etc. to be successful. Tim might actually know enough people and have respect to be successful. I would like him to have a special type position rather than HBC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.