Timmy to speak at RNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Interesting. I will certainly listen to his speech. Trump and Timmy. Never saw that coming. Ego and humble.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I am guessing he is using this as a large platform to spread a message of love. I'd be shocked (and disappointed) if he actually supports Trump.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I got no problem at all for him to speak but like you I would be surprised, too.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
if you guys are gonna make this about how you shouldnt support trump b/c of... whatever, then you need to take this to the PIF.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the moment this goes off on political opinions about the candidates, off it goes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't surprise me. But I am intrigued by what he'll say.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't know Trump was a football fan?

Tim is Conservative in his play calling....

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't as shocking as him speaking at a Democrat convention. Bringing him on to speak is a good idea on Trump's part.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think I heard that Trump originally wanted Corrine Brown until he found out she was a Democrat. Go Gata!

Trump is in a dog fight and if you asked anyone on this board who they'd pick to go into a fight with, I bet a lot of them would say Tebow. I mean, Timmy will either twist a few heads off or he'll start a dialogue and ask everyone to consider what's to be gained from violence. Either way, Trump stands to gain a lot and there's very little risk. If anyone should question the decision, it's Tebow. If he's really considering a move into the political realm, opponents will most certainly use this against him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think I heard that Trump originally wanted Corrine Brown until he found out she was a Democrat. Go Gata!

Trump is in a dog fight and if you asked anyone on this board who they'd pick to go into a fight with, I bet a lot of them would say Tebow. I mean, Timmy will either twist a few heads off or he'll start a dialogue and ask everyone to consider what's to be gained from violence. Either way, Trump stands to gain a lot and there's very little risk. If anyone should question the decision, it's Tebow. If he's really considering a move into the political realm, opponents will most certainly use this against him.

He is speaking at the RNC, not nesscarily for Trump. There is a difference. It's a smart move on both parts, if his speech isn't Trump centric. He increases his brand, and Timmy loves to increase his brand. Let's not pretend that Tebow doesn't understand his brand and doesn't enjoy expanding it. This is a perfect forum for him to do so outside of Sport.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tim could just minister to the whole country by speaking on "Thou shalt not lie".
It could stem from "You support my charity golf tournament and I'll support yours." ??

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
I am guessing he is using this as a large platform to spread a message of love. I'd be shocked (and disappointed) if he actually supports Trump.

Why would you be shocked? He's a white male christian. That's a majority of Trumps supporters.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Now we know why the RNC waited until the week after the SEC Media Days before having their convention.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why would you be shocked? He's a white male christian. That's a majority of Trumps supporters.

Yeah... them... And... those who love and/or value: capitalism, free enterprise, Law and Order, and American exceptionalism. Other than that... yeah, you're right, just a bunch of Bible toting crackers...

* Let it be known, I am not making a political opinion. Just expanding on Kyngs overly generalized comment... In the name of inconclusiveness, I don't want anyone left out.

Sep 29, 2015
One theory I read is that Tim is considering entering politics at some point. This would be a good trial balloon and entry point. I suspect it won't be an overtly political speech, i.e. no express endorsement of Trump and no negative Hillary attack. That said, the inherent association with Trump is a risky gambit.

At the end of the day, good on him getting the publicity. I just hope it doesn't turn up in negative recruiting against the Gators, but have at it Harbaugh!

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good for him. I'm sure it will be all about the message and not so much about Trump.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
seems we've got some real angry dems on this thread who just cant keep themselves from taking partisan shots. Time to lock this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.