Top 10 Positives About McElwain Going into Season 2

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Don't mean to pile on here Rex but what Mac did w' that group last year was pretty good. And as far as the bowl game, well that's the chicken salad theory, you can make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t! 10 wins w' that bunch is pretty good. My 7th grade son is bigger and throws the ball better than T. Harris. Seriously!
If I recall correctly didnt Mac say in the post game interview that he left some kids behind in Gainesville because they "felt like they had arrived when they beat Vandy?" He's trying to build a culture, be accountable and also he has a plan to build the entire program as a whole: recruiting, player responsibility, facilities upgrade etc. I say give the man about 4 years before we blast him and his staff. At least he ain't Muskrat!
Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kerry Dixon not on the staff anymore?
JFC, that's what we've sunk to? Kerry Dixon?

Dixon wouldn't have rated a GA job on Creyer's staff. Neither would Skipper. I guess if they suck slightly less than the others though, we should pretend they are excellent. \

Gray is the only competent recruiter on the staff. Even Rumph has failed, though I like him nevertheless. It makes sense though, Saban wouldn't have allowed him to leave for a lateral position if he were worth keeping.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Don't mean to pile on here Rex but what Mac did w' that group last year was pretty good. And as far as the bowl game, well that's the chicken salad theory, you can make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t! 10 wins w' that bunch is pretty good. My 7th grade son is bigger and throws the ball better than T. Harris. Seriously!
If I recall correctly didnt Mac say in the post game interview that he left some kids behind in Gainesville because they "felt like they had arrived when they beat Vandy?" He's trying to build a culture, be accountable and also he has a plan to build the entire program as a whole: recruiting, player responsibility, facilities upgrade etc. I say give the man about 4 years before we blast him and his staff. At least he ain't Muskrat!
Go Gators!

Four years? You needed a 4th year with Chump too, didn't you? Admit it.

He was 1-4 or 2-4 vs ranked teams depending on who you are talking to. That won't cut it here. Mac is supposed to be this offensive genius. He did not impress all that much neither did his recruiting. Hopefully, this year is different.

Can we all at least to put to bed this garbage that bowl games don't count? Can we all agree that it is a great game to showcase yourself to RECRUITS? It's your last chance to leave a great impression on them especially if they are taking a wait and see attitude(like many on here claim).

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Dixon wouldn't have rated a GA job on Creyer's staff. Neither would Skipper. I guess if they suck slightly less than the others though, we should pretend they are excellent. \

Gray is the only competent recruiter on the staff. Even Rumph has failed, though I like him nevertheless. It makes sense though, Saban wouldn't have allowed him to leave for a lateral position if he were worth keeping.

Give credit where credit is due. We just pulled in our best WR class since 10 years ago and we finally got production from our WR's that we haven't seen since the Tebow days. Dixon was the primary recruiter for 4 of the 5 WRs that signed including Cleveland. So far Dixon is the best WRs coach that we've had in a long time.

GatorGriff

May 29, 2015

Dixon just pulled in Cleveland, Hammond, Massey, and Swain. This statement is so wrong its embarrassing.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Geez Rex, it must be miserable being you! Someone hide the steak knives!!! Wtf!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Four years? You needed a 4th year with Chump too, didn't you? Admit it.

He was 1-4 or 2-4 vs ranked teams depending on who you are talking to. That won't cut it here. Mac is supposed to be this offensive genius. He did not impress all that much neither did his recruiting. Hopefully, this year is different.

Can we all at least to put to bed this garbage that bowl games don't count? Can we all agree that it is a great game to showcase yourself to RECRUITS? It's your last chance to leave a great impression on them especially if they are taking a wait and see attitude(like many on here claim).

Well Mac just finished his FIRST season. Yeah... That's only ONE... So yeah.... There's that...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac recruited those guys, with an assist from Nusschamp.

None of our recruiters are among the top recruiters nationally. It's an embarrassment.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mac recruited those guys, with an assist from Nusschamp.

None of our recruiters are among the top recruiters nationally. It's an embarrassment.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, we should hire TRex as our recruiting coordinator. He wins people over on a daily basis, knows the importance of stars versus needs and is simply smarter than everyone else in the room. While we're at it, you could be the AD. I'm sure every top coach in the land would kill to be able to work for you. :lol:

601Gator

Aug 10, 2014

Dixon and Rick Wells are the only reason we landed Tyrie Cleveland. The highest rated WR prospect signed to UF since Percy Harvin. You are wrong.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why, because he couldn't fabricate a functional offensive line from true freshmen or find a QB when he got left one Me First Douchebag who got himself banned, a spread guy who is run first (and was when he was signed) and a bunch of walkons?

The flaming bag of shyt Mac got left started under Creyer, when we first thought it was a good idea to sign only two OL (both of whom were low 3 star reaches with no other top offers, I might add)? Kids in HS don't even remember when we had an offense, those that do remember an offense where everyone else watches while the QB runs the ball 30 times.

LAST year wasn't on Mac and getting 10 damn wins with that embarrassment of an OL was one helluva an accomplishment.

:clap:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Texas and Bama let rumph leave. Its starting to make sense.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Rumph has failed? Lmfao...wow it's something new everyday. I respectfully disagree.
Nobody says he failed but he's definitely missed on dt's. Let's be honest, bama's not gonna let a powerhouse recruiter take a lateral job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.