Top JUCO DT's (signing day was yesterday)

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Can someone hack into Mac's computer and get the monkey pics?

I am hoping we are moving to plan B.

There is the slim possibility all the Juco's were bad apples, but it is incompetence not to have that narrative out there all along.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think he is starting to see it himself, but has no clue what to do....personally, I think it is too late...

I agree. I fully expect Shannon to be named DC simply because no good DC is going to join a staff that is feeling the heat.

We can rationalize the lack of offensive talent he inherited and the lack of quality QB play and blah, blah, blah but the reality is that a true offensive mind would have found a way to generate offense while simultaneously filling the roster with play makers. We have all said this but it bears repeating. Several SEC teams have played and won with true freshman QB's but our QB whisperer cannot get either of them ready to play.
Well, this is year three in recruiting and all the top receivers are heading elsewhere yet again so even if he solves the QB dilemma, who will they throw it to?.

I hope we are wrong, but I see a class ranked around #25 followed by a 7-5 season. This would then be followed by another mass exodus of the defensive players he inherited and we find ourselves with a Miss.State caliber roster. We will then be at least 3-4 years away, at minimum, assuming we hire the right guy next. Mr. Stricklin you are on the clock.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
If Mac can't bring in top 10 classes now...he never will! Hopefully we pull the plug on this m'fer after this upcoming 6-8 loss season. If not...we're fu*ked for the next 6-10 yrs!!!

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Edwards ended up signing w/ Colorado, which is a sad indictment on our recruiting efforts.

But take a look at this list. Edwards was 9th, the 9th best JUCO DT in the class. Miss State got 2 of the top 5 (#2 & #3). Kentucky got #7. Missouri #19.

#16 signed w/ Kansas and he's from Chipley, FL.

Several of the kids are from Georgia high schools.

What's the problem? Why in the F do we not have a JUCO DT in this class?

I know, I know...."I trust the coaches!!"

(head scratcher though is 2 of the 3 that are tied for #1 ranking chose Northern Illinois & Alabama A&M - probably a grades/test score issue):

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Fo...gs?InstitutionGroup=juniorcollege&Position=DT
Sad

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
we are a middling program right now. Not sure we should expect anything other than 4 and 5 loss seasons. and very average recruiting
No reason a crappy Florida can't beat most those teams. Seriously?!?!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I dont know why we didnt get the "no juco" commits label. I guess the SID is trying to save face bc everyone knows we spent a damn year hunting and offering pretty much every juco DL.

Campbell is not a juco.

Just trying to save face for these fvkking failures.

Of course the no JUCO label is the best label to get in recruiting. But those of you who want on the Jackie Sherrill merry-go-round of JUCO recruiting won't buy that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Of course the no JUCO label is the best label to get in recruiting. But those of you who want on the Jackie Sherrill merry-go-round of JUCO recruiting won't buy that.
Yes, Id prefer to have a staff that was too fvkking stupid to fail to recruit DTs the last two years. Id also prefer to get the label of a team that has 85 scholarship players instead of 68-70. Those would be great labels.

Obviously since we are well past that, Id prefer these failure mothereffers to realize the problem, which I guess they did since they were recruiting jucos openly. It would be licd to have the label of having recruiters who could actually manage to land the 3-4 jucos we needed.

Yet another fvkking zero from this staff of zeroes.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Are you satisfied w/ our DT depth? We might get by next year if they move Riles over and Polite gains 25lbs and CeCe puts on 10+lbs. But we're screwed in 2018 and 2019 with the lack of underclassman at the position. We needed a JUCO (or two) in this class and there's no sunshine pumping sugar coating you can come up with. Jackie Sherrill? We're not asking to sign 8-10 JUCO's per class, we're asking for a competent staff that can fill holes. And getting a JUCO DT would have shown that they are - at least - trying to address that. Instead they struck out.....again.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, Mac is no fashion statement when you're walking through the door like this, I don't think mom and dad are too supportive...
60fc1c0317ac94ec6ddd0a6c431fde05.jpg

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Now, back to the topic of this thread :puke:

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
He may be the worst recruiter in the country.

We're in deep deep dodo. He could hurt the program for four or five years. He's the worst
possible hire we could have made. Only Foley could find someone like him.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He may be the worst recruiter in the country.

We're in deep deep dodo. He could hurt the program for four or five years. He's the worst
possible hire we could have made. Only Foley could find someone like him.
Didn't just find him but actually opened up the wallet to buy out his ridiculous contract to get him here. He's not the worst hire we could have though...that was another gem by foley hiring muscrap...and zook...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.