Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

My antivirus is blocking GSMB again.

I suspect people keep hacking the place. What are the odds really that Dooley's password is anything other than PASSWORD or 12345678?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And for some perspective...

Total number of 3 stars recruited over the last 4 years(includes 2016)

Bama 27
FSU 29
UF 47

Sobering.

Alright 'Rex... Hows this for sobering?

- Our program has been a dumpster fire during that same time frame.
- We've had 4 offensive coordinators in 5 years
- 2 different head coaches
- we've been a team which averages in the 100's on offense 5 out of the last 6 years in a row.?.?.?.
- And we had muschamp as our head coach (Which I should have started with because all the others are merely symptoms of the muschamp disease).

Geeeze... WHAT DO YOU REALLY EXPECT? You keep comparing our recruiting to bama and fsu... Have you been paying attention to the product on the field? What makes you think that elite recruits should be lining up to play for us? We've been on a 6 year slide, including Meyer's last Xanax riddled season...

If improvement on the field comes recruiting will improve. "Excuses!" you'll scream... NOOOOOOOO..... REALITY... We've done relatively little to impress since this current crop of kids was in 6th grade. That's before many of them hit puberty.

WE ALL KNOW we need to recruit better. BUT you need to wake the f@ck up dude.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
To go with that, last time the team won a NC / Conference Title

Bama - 2015 (and 2012, and 2011) / 2015 (and 2014, and 2012)
F$U - 2013 / 2014 (and 2013, and 2012)
UF - 2008 / 2008

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Alright 'Rex... Hows this for sobering?

- Our program has been a dumpster fire during that same time frame.
- We've had 4 offensive coordinators in 5 years
- 2 different head coaches
- we've been a team which averages in the 100's on offense 5 out of the last 6 years in a row.?.?.?.
- And we had muschamp as our head coach (Which I should have started with because all the others are merely symptoms of the muschamp disease).

Geeeze... WHAT DO YOU REALLY EXPECT? You keep comparing our recruiting to bama and fsu... Have you been paying attention to the product on the field? What makes you think that elite recruits should be lining up to play for us? We've been on a 6 year slide, including Meyer's last Xanax riddled season...

If improvement on the field comes recruiting will improve. "Excuses!" you'll scream... NOOOOOOOO..... REALITY... We've done relatively little to impress since this current crop of kids was in 6th grade. That's before many of them hit puberty.

WE ALL KNOW we need to recruit better. BUT you need to wake the f@ck up dude.

Wake the F up about what? Are you saying that our brand is so damaged that Mac has no control over recruiting? That his results were the best anybody could expect? Come on.

I use Bama and FSU because Bama rules the SEC and FSU rules the state of Florida. Are you saying I shouldn't use those two for comparison? That it is unfair? Oh woe is us? I get it. You don't like the message. You don't like hearing how far we've fallen. No one wants to hear it or see it in black and white. But but but Foley did this and Foley did that. Sounds like you are blaming Mr Untouchable. Are you?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Start winning = better recruiting.

Didn't we win 10 games? Didn't we make it to ATL? Are you one of the bowl games don't matter crowd? Or do you you think they may help in recruiting? Do you think it would've have helped if we played better?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Didn't we win 10 games? Didn't we make it to ATL? Are you one of the bowl games don't matter crowd? Or do you you think they may help in recruiting? Do you think it would've have helped if we played better?

:what:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it is...'Rex showed up...

I don't think that I posted anything inappropiate. We need more bluechippers. It's just a conversation.

We need some marquee wins first according to some. I don't think anyone is asking for the impossible. Did you read the article that I posted?

You seem very intelligent. What's your opinion of the data in the article? Not your opinion of me...I already know that.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wake the F up about what? Are you saying that our brand is so damaged that Mac has no control over recruiting? That his results were the best anybody could expect? Come on.

I use Bama and FSU because Bama rules the SEC and FSU rules the state of Florida. Are you saying I shouldn't use those two for comparison? That it is unfair? Oh woe is us? I get it. You don't like the message. You don't like hearing how far we've fallen. No one wants to hear it or see it in black and white. But but but Foley did this and Foley did that. Sounds like you are blaming Mr Untouchable. Are you?

The difference is we all accept how far we've fallen. We don't like it and DO NOT expect to stay there. We KNOW improved play on the field will positively impact recruiting. YOU seem to think that we can just show up on recruits doorsteps and say, "We are FLORIDA" and 5 stars should be lining up to play for us. How hard is it for you to understand?

I'm saying we have looked like sh!tt for six years and that will have an impact on recruiting. I'm saying that bama and fsu are at their peak right now and we have, at best, been a middle of the road team for six years and even when we've won, we looked like sh!tt doing it. We've done little to inspire recruits to wanna play for us. Yeah, we won ten games last year but we finished the season with TH as our starter, who amassed a 4 - 4 record and an embarrassing three game skid where we managed just two touchdowns in three games.

How often do we hear elite recruits say something like, "when I was growing up I liked Florida. Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin and those guys, I always rooted for them...they had swag..." That was 6 or 7 years ago. They were in grade school FFS.

Unlike you, I am extraordinarily impressed with the offensive talent Mac was able to pull this recruiting cycle. I've listed it multiple times in multiple threads so if it hasn't convinced you by now, I'm not wasting my time listing again the sic talent he pulled on "O". The drop off this year was on D. That's been beaten into the ground too so not gonna bother going there.

You're not some beacon of light and torch carrier of the truth. Everybody here knows where we are and that we need to get better. But you just keep beating the same damn drum... that's what you do...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The difference is we all accept how far we've fallen. We don't like it and DO NOT expect to stay there. We KNOW improved play on the field will positively impact recruiting. YOU seem to think that we can just show up on recruits doorsteps and say, "We are FLORIDA" and 5 stars should be lining up to play for us. How hard is it for you to understand?

I'm saying we have looked like sh!tt for six years and that will have an impact on recruiting. I'm saying that bama and fsu are at their peak right now and we have, at best, been a middle of the road team for six years and even when we've won, we looked like sh!tt doing it. We've done little to inspire recruits to wanna play for us. Yeah, we won ten games last year but we finished the season with TH as our starter, who amassed a 4 - 4 record and an embarrassing three game skid where we managed just two touchdowns in three games.

How often do we hear elite recruits say something like, "when I was growing up I liked Florida. Tim Tebow and Percy Harvin and those guys, I always rooted for them...they had swag..." That was 6 or 7 years ago. They were in grade school FFS.

Unlike you, I am extraordinarily impressed with the offensive talent Mac was able to pull this recruiting cycle. I've listed it multiple times in multiple threads so if it hasn't convinced you by now, I'm not wasting my time listing again the sic talent he pulled on "O". The drop off this year was on D. That's been beaten into the ground too so not gonna bother going there.

You're not some beacon of light and torch carrier of the truth. Everybody here knows where we are and that we need to get better. But you just keep beating the same damn drum... that's what you do...

Clap clap clap. Bravo. Do you feel better now?

I'm sorry you hate me so much. Your post drips of it. It's just a game.

Too bad Foley watched the house burn down right in front of him.

Have a great day bud.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Clap clap clap. Bravo. Do you feel better now?

I'm sorry you hate me so much. Your post drops of it. It's just a game.

Too bad Foley watched the house burn down right in front of him.

Have a great day bud.

I don't hate you. I don't even know you. I do dislike your attitude and demeanor.

...As has been said before, when the freaks on this board tell you to get a grip, maybe you have a problem. But you seem to think EVERY BODY else is wrong and you're the only one with a clue. My gawd, when our resident "negative nellie", Law tells you to chill out, you have reached a whole other level. I can't tell if you're just a troll or if you really are the person you portray yourself to be. I'm starting to lean toward troll, since every thread you show up in takes the same negative tone.

I don't know you so I can't hate you. But it is true, I sure don't like the persona you exemplify. Pretty sure you've gotten that impression from multiple posters throughout multiple threads you have derailed...seemingly to your liking...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How is this thread derailed?

Again, did you read the article I posted?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How is this thread derailed?

Again, did you read the article I posted?

Well to tell you the truth, since you posted it, I didn't bother.

But I have since gone back and clicked on it. I found it mildly amusing that the article you posted had a picture of Rapeis Winston as it's cover. I skimmed the article. Pretty much said what I expected it to by reading it's title. Nothing earth shattering about it. I don't understand what your point is? Unless of course it's to state that rankings matter and our recruiting isn't up to par. Yeah, we get that. And you've said as much like 3000 times out of your 3200 posts. What new revelation are your delivering? We all want to see our team get better recruits. Seriously...like EVERY person on this board wants that.

Coincidentally I was just skimming the "10 positives about Coach Mac" thread and saw you up to your usual tactics in that thread. Then found this gem and laughed out loud.

Another thread of Rex being Rex :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

/QUOTE]

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
All right: Start looking like you deserve to win = better recruiting.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
While Mac excelled in garnering 10 wins and an SEC CG appearance, he ended the season
detrimentally for recruiting. And that ending projects UF as not yet back on top... and that says
"not yet" to top recruits. We have to run-out a season dominating most opponents and beating
FSU. Gator players have to be shown on TV jumping for joy, laughing at great plays' success
and the fun of playing for UF. Appearance-wise, winning-wise other schools are showing up as
better programs to go to. UF will not get over the hump while FSU dominates us, because attracting
in-state recruits depends a lot on "bragging rights".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.