Top Transfers

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
We’ve had some encouraging news this offseason with transfers coming our way. Thinking back, we’ve had a lot of transfers pan out to nothing (Big 10 Freshman of the Year Brian Fox, for example.)

Which transfers made significant impacts? Not JuCo guys, but transfers from other 4-year programs. They can be underclassmen or graduate transfers.

Ryan Smith (2006 graduate transfer from Utah) came in and started at CB for a NC team with a very solid defense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Our starting Center, TJ McCoy.

Hesham Ismail, starting OL on 1991 team (transferred from Boston University, 1AA school).

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Malik Zaire, Austin Appleby, Mason Halter, Anthony Harrell, etc...

should I go on? No, OK.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Add Tyler Moore (started at least 10 games).

Add Travis Carroll, LB from Alabama (Bolles School out of Jacksonville).

Add TE Jake McGee.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trace Armstrong from Arizona State was the best transfer in my memory. The guy was an animal in the weight room and on the field. Ended up getting All-American honors.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Trace Armstrong from Arizona State was the best transfer in my memory. The guy was an animal in the weight room and on the field. Ended up getting All-American honors.

Don't care if I do get a "piling-on" penalty here.

Armstrong was denied a final year of eligibility by the NCAA due to an "academic mix-up," which he could only recoup if he transferred to another school. However, he was granted immediate eligibility after the NCAA waived its transfer rule in an unusual academic status case from high school which allowed the transfer.

As a result, Armstrong transferred to the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, and played his final college season for coach Galen Hall's Florida Gators football team in 1988.[3] He was recognized as a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection and a first-team All-American at defensive tackle.[3] He set a new Gators single-season record for most tackles for a loss with nineteen, including seven sacks.[3] In all, Armstrong recorded fifty-nine tackles with forty-one of those solo.[3] He finished his college career on the sidelines in the Gators' 14–10 win over the Illinois Fighting Illini in the All American Bowl on December 29, 1988. He underwent arthroscopic surgery to repair his left knee two weeks before the bowl game and could not play.

Trace was drafted by the NFL in the 1st round. Played 10 years. He's celebrated in the 100th 'Anniversity' Gator Team, alongside greats like Jack Youngblood. Trace continues to function as one of our most "life-successful" Gator alumni.... at least that's what Pasty explained to me.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here is an old one for you
Mark Korff transferred to UF in the eighties and was a starting LB on the Pell/Hall teams that did great things

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Here is an old one for you
Mark Korff transferred to UF in the eighties and was a starting LB on the Pell/Hall teams that did great things

Wow, you read my mind!! I was thinking the same thing and Googled him to see where he Xfer from...and saw that he died!!! Jeez, that was a kick in the balls. I got to meet him a few times when working for channel 5 and he was a cool dude from California. But still didn't see where he went to college. Number 59 if my memory serves me.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
You consider that fat, weak sack of shyt a success story?

Dude, EABOD's.

Sure, he wasn't All-SEC, but he started a full season (or more) at the University of Florida. I'm not sure why you have a hard on for that kid, but there's no sense in being a childish, vile prick towards a former player who - as far as I know - never had any character issues.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, EABOD's..
Sack of shyt. Fat lazy sack of shyt. Ive never seen another man that big that was that big of a pvss. Tits on a boar hog. Amazingly useless on the OL. Lucky for him Chimp didn't bother recruiting anyone else.

Funny that he "left early" and couldnt even land a arena league job. :lmao2:

Of course, it was great that he left. Im not complaining. Wish he'd left early for the arena league the year before.

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Ok - of all the transfers listed, only Jake McGee was a helpful offensive “skill position” player. If Van Jefferson or Trevon Grimes have an impact, they will be breaking new ground.

Reversing the question - What Gator players transferred out and did well?

Cam Newton
Nyan Boateng (starter at Cal)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ok - of all the transfers listed, only Jake McGee was a helpful offensive “skill position” player. If Van Jefferson or Trevon Grimes have an impact, they will be breaking new ground.

Reversing the question - What Gator players transferred out and did well?

Cam Newton
Nyan Boateng (starter at Cal)
One of the safeties transferred to Cal South and started. Josh...... Shaw?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ryan Smith transferred from Utah to UF and had like 8 INTs in his only season here

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.