Recruiting Towles Transferring

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he graduates in Dec. And we play a January bowl game, would he be eligble? Even with 3 days of practice i know he'll be better, Treoff can always come off the bench if needed.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would Grier transfer and not Harris if Towles or a similar QB were brought in? Clearly Grier was the (much) better QB this year and was improving with a high ceiling, whereas Harris seems to have shown neither improvement or loads of potential. If anyone should be threatened that another QB is brought in for next year, it's the guy we can't score with and who is available all year, not the guy for whom we're bringing in a stop-gap.
I think the theory is that Treon is more likely to change positions.

I think it's silly to mention Grier transferring, though it's a decent possibility he goes pro after next year if he plays well.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
IDK why anyone thinks Grier is going to transfer, he committed under Muschamp because he loved UF as a school. Just committing under the lame duck Muschamp should be enough to eliminate all doubt but I guess not.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i agree that treon is awful at qb, the part I'm having trouble with is imo he's not a great athlete, so I don't know why some thinks he can play anywhere on the field, he's just not fast enough, I hope he plays the bench

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I think our 2* recruit would do better than Treon.

His Sr stats are 48-68 for 786 yds 6 TD's and 0 Int

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
If this could happen it would be the best thing going....He's big, strong arm, athletic AND 3 SEASONS starting experience within our conference....if's he struggles it will only be for half a season of which Grier will be practicing right next to him, redshirt Franks and start kicking ass on offense again for a change.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
If this could happen it would be the best thing going....He's big, strong arm, athletic AND 3 SEASONS starting experience within our conference....if's he struggles it will only be for half a season of which Grier will be practicing right next to him, redshirt Franks and start kicking ass on offense again for a change.
:bananadance2:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I could see grier transferring if we get a graduate transfer next year then Franks beats him out the year after that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I could see grier transferring if we get a graduate transfer next year then Franks beats him out the year after that.
I see Franks needing at least 1-2 years of development while Grier is kicking ass and taking names......and probably banging a few more strippers along the way.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I see Franks needing at least 1-2 years of development while Grier is kicking ass and taking names......and probably banging a few more strippers along the way.
Yeah, i could see that two. But you never know, they might be able to get franks ready in a year and a half.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And can we quit including trask when we talk about our future qb depth chart? I mean we never talked about provancha or mcgriff.

Also not mentioned are Jacob Gay and Brian Phallus. Those guys will be competing for starter as well.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want UK's benched QB. Maybe their point guard if he's thinking of transferring, but no one from their football team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want UK's benched QB. Maybe their point guard if he's thinking of transferring, but no one from their football team.
But so many want Vandy's 5th string QB who was moved to WR, why not?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking more of "good" Driskel. Big arm, runs ok, very inaccurate.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are crazy. If this kid came to Florida next season, he would be the best QB on our roster, for the first 6 weeks. This kid is perfect to run Mac's offense.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are crazy. If this kid came to Florida next season, he would be the best QB on our roster, for the first 6 weeks. This kid is perfect to run Mac's offense.
Well if Mac's offense was to throw the ball to the other team, then yeah, Towles would be great in Mac's offense.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I know Towles has 14 INTs but perhaps UK playcalling doesn't get receivers clear
and he's trying to fit it in too tight ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.