Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I just read that they also lose their scholly.

The school has the option to bring them back if they want, but aren’t obligated. And yes, from what I heard this morning there have been over 9000 players total that have entered the portal since the beginning, and roughly 40% have actually landed somewhere. And even of that number, there are many that end up trading down to a lower level school because they received no traction. But 60% of the total entries have voluntarily given up their full ride scholarship and most likely will have played their last snap of football. As always, we try to fix a 1% problem and end up making the matters considerably worse for those we’re trying to “help”.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The school has the option to bring them back if they want, but aren’t obligated. And yes, from what I heard this morning there have been over 9000 players total that have entered the portal since the beginning, and roughly 40% have actually landed somewhere. And even of that number, there are many that end up trading down to a lower level school because they received no traction. But 60% of the total entries have voluntarily given up their full ride scholarship and most likely will have played their last snap of football. As always, we try to fix a 1% problem and end up making the matters considerably worse for those we’re trying to “help”.
no matter how benevolent the action, at some point, one should consider the result.

~ your mom

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
With odds like that I'm surprised more kids don't decide to go into tick mode and burrow in. Stick around, behave, and do everything they are asked but make the coach kick them out.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
With odds like that I'm surprised more kids don't decide to go into tick mode and burrow in. Stick around, behave, and do everything they are asked but make the coach kick them out.

That will likely happen again at some point. There’s just going to be an entire decade+ of kids who get burned first. I listened on and off to cfb radio this morning. Lugenbill, Farrell and the other guests all stated that there would have to be some reigning in, and all mentioned in separate segments that the student athletes—specifically those outside the top 50-100 HS kids, are the ones getting hurt the most in all this.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Kids these days always think the grass is greener and get caught up in what morons are telling them......most will learn the hard way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What happens to players who enter the portal but do not get selected?
g14-2325542.jpg

TheMarylandGator

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2022
Helpful. Thanks.

Kind of eye opening to see what a players perspective of what their talent/value level is, versus what the open market says it is.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I am sure some already have a home, we've seen that already. A player would be foolish to bail without a landing spot.

It would be like quitting a job. You better have done your due diligence.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
I am sure some already have a home, we've seen that already. A player would be foolish to bail without a landing spot.

It would be like quitting a job. You better have done your due diligence.
Youre talking about a bunch of guys who can barely write their own name....dont think they would take that into consideration

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Deion came into UC and announced his son as QB...2 UC QBs entered the Portal...imagine that.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Youre talking about a bunch of guys who can barely write their own name....dont think they would take that into consideration
i think its technically illegal to have your landing spot or potential spots determined before entering. Doing so would mean youve had convos with other schools/coaches about this while still enrolled and on scholarship at your current spot. Thats a violation, not to say it isnt happening wholesale right now.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
i think its technically illegal to have your landing spot or potential spots determined before entering. Doing so would mean youve had convos with other schools/coaches about this while still enrolled and on scholarship at your current spot. Thats a violation, not to say it isnt happening wholesale right now

I heard Danny Thompson on a pod cast say they call and ask him about players all year.

He implied that it is happening and has been.

And how do you prove it. You think the NCAA will do anything? What like they did with NIL?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I heard Danny Thompson on a pod cast say they call and ask him about players all year.

He implied that it is happening and has been.

And how do you prove it. You think the NCAA will do anything? What like they did with NIL?
so you heard that an analyst gets calls and questions about players all year? Wow, well that changes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.