Status
Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think I'll start a thread in the lounge so you guys can make stupid and unfunny cracks about URG's height (which he never fails to respond to like a trained monkey) until the cows come home and the rest of us won't have to sift through it, rolling our eyes the entire time. I don't want to see another URG height joke on the sports board, EVER. They got old and dumb years ago. He's short, nobody GAF.

Quit clogging up threads with back-and-forth nonsense.
While I agree, you do realize the post count on this forum will drop by at least 25%.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
While I agree, you do realize the post count on this forum will drop by at least 25%.
No it won't, because now they have their own thread to do it in.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

It’s like you don’t understand the dynamics of inserting jokes into a conversation.

Jk, please don’t ban me.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hartman to Notre Dame

Sam Hartman has thrown for 12,967 yards and 110 touchdowns in his college career.
I have to admit that when I first heard he would be in the portal, I had hoped there was a possibility of him coming our way. Then there was some talk that he would be a non-qualifier, maybe for medical reasons? Anyhow, I’ve only seen him play a few times and he probably doesn’t have the strongest arm, but he’s a winner and a helluva leader. One year with him would’ve been good. Norte Dame got a fine signal caller I believe. No real slight to Billy and staff if the medical smoke was true.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I have to admit that when I first heard he would be in the portal, I had hoped there was a possibility of him coming our way. Then there was some talk that he would be a non-qualifier, maybe for medical reasons? Anyhow, I’ve only seen him play a few times and he probably doesn’t have the strongest arm, but he’s a winner and a helluva leader. One year with him would’ve been good. Norte Dame got a fine signal caller I believe. No real slight to Billy and staff if the medical smoke was true.
The network did a piece on his career at wake and his medical journey during Bowl lead up, would have been incredible bridge for Rashada freshman yr. imo.
If QB situation doesn't change between now and next fall Rashada has to be the guy, though his size is concerning.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think I'll start a thread in the lounge so you guys can make stupid and unfunny cracks about URG's height (which he never fails to respond to like a trained monkey) until the cows come home and the rest of us won't have to sift through it, rolling our eyes the entire time. I don't want to see another URG height joke on the sports board, EVER. They got old and dumb years ago. He's short, nobody GAF.

Quit clogging up threads with back-and-forth nonsense.

EDIT:

Here, I have started the thread -

Short and to the point. Well done.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Too much work...

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Couple of interesting commits in the portal tonight. First is LSU LB and former 4* Antone Sampah committed to Campbell. He was highly rated coming out of a decent HS program in Va. I guess he just meet his potential.

The second was Jackson St WR Kevin Coleman, another former 4*, going to Louisville as opposed to following Prime to Colorado. Last year when he chose them over scUM, he said it was to play for Sanders. Perhaps having seen Prime’s kid throwing the ball, he thought a different QB might be better for his future? Or was one year of Sanders enough?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps having seen Prime’s kid throwing the ball, he thought a different QB might be better for his future? Or was one year of Sanders enough?
Probably a little of both. Imagine a father/son coach/QB combo....sounds nauseating for any player to deal with. It shouldn't be allowed.

After Press Maravich allowed his son to take 40 shots a game at LSU in the late 60's, the arrangement should have been outlawed forever.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Brohm took the Louisville job. There's gonna be alot of receptions out there to be had.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Probably a little of both. Imagine a father/son coach/QB combo....sounds nauseating for any player to deal with. It shouldn't be allowed.

After Press Maravich allowed his son to take 40 shots a game at LSU in the late 60's, the arrangement should have been outlawed forever.
You usually see one of two scenarios of guys coaching their own sons: 1) where the son is a focal point and much is predicated on his (the son’s) success; or 2) the dad is overly hard on the son to ensure that none of the other players or fans thinks the son is getting any advantages whatsoever. I’ve seen guys like Press Maravich who made sure their kid was THE star, got the looks, made it into college, maybe the pros, and more often than not was f’d up socially or psychologically and ultimately has a hard time adjusting to life outside of the limelight.

I‘m definitely no fan of Deion, but the last place I’d ever encourage a player to go was wherever he was, especially if his offspring was the man. It’s hard for me to imagine it providing a great atmosphere where the kids learn to be responsible young adult students as well as good football players. But I could be wrong.

5E16B552-9BBC-46E0-8099-8258C1C1EC42.jpeg

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

You would think Colorado would have learned from when Hawkins forced his son in as QB.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Blood clots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.