Transfers

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'll also add this. I think we're a bit scarred from the recent era. It's typical to see a few here or there, but nothing like the Khmer Rouge type purge we saw in 2011-12. A smart coach isn't going to let kids leave on a whim. There were only one or 2 with Meyer and even only a few from the Spurrier to Zook transition. The amount of recruit defections is also usually much lighter than initially anticipated.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n107744 said:
I'll also add this. I think we're a bit scarred from the recent era. It's typical to see a few here or there, but nothing like the Khmer Rouge type purge we saw in 2011-12. A smart coach isn't going to let kids leave on a whim. There were only one or 2 with Meyer and even only a few from the Spurrier to Zook transition. The amount of recruit defections is also usually much lighter than initially anticipated.

Except under Muschamp. There weren't a bunch of defections recruiting wise. But there were a TON of defections from the team.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorJ;n107768 said:
Except under Muschamp. There weren't a bunch of defections recruiting wise. But there were a TON of defections from the team.

Yeah, that's what I was saying with my 2011-12/Pol Pot reference. We're remembering something that happened recently, but is definitely not the norm.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
The NFL has an age limit, restricting eligibility to those players who have watched three full pro seasons elapse since they departed high school.
VHIII will play college ball next year - and I hope it's with UF...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
NVGator;n107229 said:
Adam Lane. And not because the coach was fired but simply because he hasn't seen the field.

He's my #1 potential transfer candidate.

Darthgator

Aug 18, 2014
Considering the slowdown we could see in recruiting hopefully we can stop the bleeding by having a lot of players return. The best thing that could happen would be to get a new coach sooner rather than later like what happened when we got urban before Utahs bowl game and that coach could bring recruits with him which is a positive to getting a current college coach.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The threat of transfer is so bad Dillion Graham is transfering from the basketball team... damn Muschamp.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think there may be 2-3 transfers, but I doubt it'll be any of the guys that get regular playing time. I think the biggest hit will come from early departures to the NFL. I think Adam Lane stays if Matt Jones declares early.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Every year was have 6-9 transfers like any other program our size/stature. If it is more than that then we have an issue. That will depend on the hire.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n108276 said:
I think there may be 2-3 transfers, but I doubt it'll be any of the guys that get regular playing time. I think the biggest hit will come from early departures to the NFL. I think Adam Lane stays if Matt Jones declares early.

Of the borderline guys who will be 6th or 7th rounders or free agents like Jones he may be the only one it makes sense to come out because he is splitting carries now. Morrison definitely would be a free agent and would have a hard time making a roster so he should definitely stay imo. Bullard is moving up but I think he would greatly benefit by moving up a round or two if he stays an extra year but I think Bullard will probably move on however.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
jereed16;n107594 said:
Technically, I think you could go after your second season playing (not necessarily a sophomore) if you had a red shirt year. I believe the rule is 3 years out of high school.

This... 3 years out of HS. VHIII cannot go yet and he would be gone no matter who the coach was.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n108276 said:
I think Adam Lane stays if Matt Jones declares early.

The good thing about getting a new coach is that player evaluations are done from scratch. Adam has just as much chance earning playing time here as he does transferring to another new coach elsewhere. Plus here, everyone will be learning a new playbook. He won't start the race a few laps behind the other players at another school who have been running the playbook already.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: I expect #UF juniors Dante Fowler Jr., Jon Bullard, Antonio Morrison and Matt Jones to leave early for the NFL. #Gators

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gatorssuck1.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n109824 said:
@ZachAbolverdi: I expect #UF juniors Dante Fowler Jr., Jon Bullard, Antonio Morrison and Matt Jones to leave early for the NFL. #Gators
Antonio and Matt want to leave early to become Free Agents? Good for them, I guess. I get it with Matt. No other coach will likely make him the focal point of the (terrible) offense, and he's injury prone. Every year is a gamble. He's missed most of the season three of the last five yars. It doesn't get any better than right now.

With Antonio, not so much. He's too slow for the SEC and has trouble sticking with his gaps. Don't think it's going to end well with him. We don't have much LB depth so it's not like I'll pretend WDWHA, but he's been anything but sure back there.

It'll be interesting to see how they think throwing a temper tantrum about their poor HC getting fired will go over in the NFL interviews.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Welp.

@TheDanteFowler6: I came in with champ. I'm leaving with Him. Simple as that.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n109852 said:
Welp.

@TheDanteFowler6: I came in with champ. I'm leaving with Him. Simple as that.

Meh. He wasn't coming back even if WM was. If he's trying to prove how loyal he is to WM, then he'll transfer to whatever school he lands at. :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n109824 said:

To be clear, none of these constitute transfer. They are simply ill advised moves (by two of the 3) that may very well have happened anyway, especially Fowler. How many early departures did we have after 2012 and 2013, like 6 or 7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator