Transfers

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is there anyone that thought Fowler wasn't leaving? They've been talking about it all year and we've been promising recruits his playing time.

Bullard has played well. He's our only consistently solid lineman vs. the run. I don't know where he'll go in the draft though.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n109828 said:
Antonio and Matt want to leave early to become Free Agents? Good for them, I guess. I get it with Matt. No other coach will likely make him the focal point of the (terrible) offense, and he's injury prone. Every year is a gamble. It doesn't get any better than right now. With Antonio, not so much. He's too slow for the SEC and has trouble sticking with his gaps. Don't think it's going to end well with him.
Agree on both, but especially Morrison. That guy has been getting killed in coverage all year (very obviously against bama and usc) and he's too small to be a real run-stopper.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm used to alot of guys transfer under muschamp. Hell guys who were starting transferred. I actually expect less to transfer this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon;n109955 said:
Agree on both, but especially Morrison. That guy has been getting killed in coverage all year (very obviously against bama and usc) and he's too small to be a real run-stopper.

Yep he is small by NFL standards. He is dreaming if he thinks he will be drafted - I don't care how many assisted tackles he has.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n109950 said:
Is there anyone that thought Fowler wasn't leaving? They've been talking about it all year and we've been promising recruits his playing time.

Bullard has played well. He's our only consistently solid lineman vs. the run. I don't know where he'll go in the draft though.

Most have him moved up to about the 4th round now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
williston_gator;n109824 said:
@ZachAbolverdi: I expect #UF juniors Dante Fowler Jr., Jon Bullard, Antonio Morrison and Matt Jones to leave early for the NFL. #Gators

Wow. That will hurt. Other than Fowler, I'd expect the other 3 to return.

We're thin at LB. Should probably look at JUCO's. We have zero LB commits as well.

Bullard should come back. He's a tweener and probably wouldn't go higher than 4th round (as someone else mentioned). Thankfully Ivie, Bostwick & Brantley have come along this year.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Does Matt Jones honestly think he's an NFL back?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol Matt jones is a decent up the gut pounder and that's it..... Has good hands and good blocking. He could go in one of the late rounds but I don't think he's NFL caliber

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n109824 said:
@ZachAbolverdi: I expect #UF juniors Dante Fowler Jr., Jon Bullard, Antonio Morrison and Matt Jones to leave early for the NFL. #Gators

HUGE MISTAKES!!

Fowler - go and be a 1st round pick. This is a no brainer

Bullard - he is a DT, not a DE. He needs a solid year @ DT to solidify his position. I think if he came back and played DT next season, he would be a top 3 round guy.
Jones - he is a 3-5th round guy. Not a bad decision considering his stock probably won't get any better.
Morrison - please speak to Brandon Siler. He had better LB instincts and he went undrafted. Morrison is slow and can't cover a turtle coming out for a pass.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n110102 said:
Wow. That will hurt. Other than Fowler, I'd expect the other 3 to return.

We're thin at LB. Should probably look at JUCO's. We have zero LB commits as well.

Bullard should come back. He's a tweener and probably wouldn't go higher than 4th round (as someone else mentioned). Thankfully Ivie, Bostwick & Brantley have come along this year.

With Ball and Taylor moving on Morrison leaving would be a disaster. Especially with Davis having surgery and no LB recruits at this point.
In the spring we may have to move Marcel Harris to the outside simply for depth purposes. Based on who we sign it could be a more permanent move, as I
don't see him beating out Neal or Maye.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n110146 said:
Does Matt Jones honestly think he's an NFL back?

In todays NFL, he does fit and will probably have a nice 3 year career. Good hands and good blocking with a teams like the Patriots, Packers, etc.. He runs well and showed more burst and power than he had in previous years. Also with his knees he needs to go now. He is no better than a 4th round pick, but he should have a nice career as a 2nd or 3rd back on a lot of teams.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We're just going to have to play a lot of freshman next year. So be it. Of course, that's assuming we can even field a recruiting class this year.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I imagine anyone on the bubble will stay through spring ball and if they still don't seem to climb the depth chart with a new coaching staff then they will leave

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alvin Bailey, Deandre Goolsby and Adam Lane would be possible transfers. All 3 of them are playing behind players that they are better than at their positions. Hopefully no one from the Oline or LB positions as this would be a disaster. BTW does anyone know if Magee is trying to get a 6th year of eligibility ?
If anyone is suggesting Matt Jones leave early they only need to know there are no huge holes to run through in the NFL and he doesn't have nearly the power of a lot of backs his size.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n110244 said:
Alvin Bailey, Deandre Goolsby and Adam Lane would be possible transfers. All 3 of them are playing behind players that they are better than at their positions. Hopefully no one from the Oline or LB positions as this would be a disaster. BTW does anyone know if Magee is trying to get a 6th year of eligibility ?
I've heard that McGee is trying to come back next year and working towards that. The same time i read that it was also stated that the current coaching staff (now gone obviously) was not counting on him being able to return. Not sure what all the steps are needed to be able to play since he was a graduate transfer.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n110244 said:
If anyone is suggesting Matt Jones leave early they only need to know there are no huge holes to run through in the NFL and he doesn't have nearly the power of a lot of backs his size.

I would hope not. Champs depth chart on O is suspect. Surely the new staff will reevaluate the depth chart.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Jones may leave because of injuries, but I agree with others that he is not good enough to really be an NFL back. At least he hasn't shown it yet. Morrison is too slow.. he will never be an NFL linebacker. Bullard hasn't done enough... he may be a late draft pick, but he would greatly improve his stock by coming back.

Fowler should go...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
chferg;n107355 said:
You can go pro after Soph year

No you can't. You need to be 3 years removed from high school to go pro, so the earliest is redshirt sophomore or true junior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator