Trask!

MertzJay26

Lifetime Member
Dude, you are seriously the biggest pumper I've ever encountered.

Look at the first comment to his tweet, it says all that needs to be said :lol2:

I hope you realize that I'm not serious :lol:

I don't actually expect him to ever start a game here, but not going to count him out either.

Durty South Swamp

doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
629eb58cbb949abf90da8a6ddfaf10e2.jpg

Pumper!!!

TN G8tr

The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
I am just glad we have some QB's on campus. Even if it is Trask he'd have to better than the abomination we saw at QB the last half of the season. Hope all the QB's do well. Competition will breed improvement.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
I joke about Trask, but he is the best pure passer on the team. His mechanics are flawless and he is extremely accurate knowing when to put something on or take it off. Still, experience matters. I find it unlikely that a guy who didn't play much in high school will be able to start at an SEC school.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
I joke about Trask, but he is the best pure passer on the team. His mechanics are flawless and he is extremely accurate knowing when to put something on or take it off. Still, experience matters. I find it unlikely that a guy who didn't play much in high school will be able to start at an SEC school.
He would've started on our SEC team last year at some point...just sayin.

MertzJay26

Lifetime Member

Just curious, but how do you know this? Have you been to an open practice?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Just curious, but how do you know this? Have you been to an open practice?

Del Rio - Del Rio is nice but nothing special when it comes to throwing the ball. He isn't going to blow you away.

Appleby - is a head case due to the situation at Purdue.

Franks - Most gift physically of the quarterbacks but his footwork is atrocious.

Trask - He wasn't filler. Filler offers don't happen months before signing day. He has legit talent. Much of the video on him I can't find any more. You could tell from that video what Mac saw in him. It is the mechanics. Because they are so flawless, it allows him to put the ball where he wants it again and again. I also read a couple of articles (I'll see if I can find them again) from people who had watched him play. They said he had real touch. In the tape, he reminded me of Danny and his perfect fade throws. Now all that is nice. The fact is he didn't play much because his team ran a spread-option. I live in Jacksonville. Blaine Gabbert was practice king, electrifying people with how he played in practice. In games however, he sucked. We'll see. Trask will get a shot.

MertzJay26

Lifetime Member
Del Rio - Del Rio is nice but nothing special when it comes to throwing the ball. He isn't going to blow you away.

Appleby - is a head case due to the situation at Purdue.

Franks - Most gift physically of the quarterbacks but his footwork is atrocious.

Trask - He wasn't filler. Filler offers don't happen months before signing day. He has legit talent. Much of the video on him I can't find any more. You could tell from that video what Mac saw in him. It is the mechanics. Because they are so flawless, it allows him to put the ball where he wants it again and again. I also read a couple of articles (I'll see if I can find them again) from people who had watched him play. They said he had real touch. In the tape, he reminded me of Danny and his perfect fade throws. Now all that is nice. The fact is he didn't play much because his team ran a spread-option. I live in Jacksonville. Blaine Gabbert was practice king, electrifying people with how he played in practice. In games however, he sucked. We'll see. Trask will get a shot.

Gotcha. I'm excited to see them all play in the spring game. I'd say I'm least excited about Appleby, his film from Purdue wasn't anything special at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.