Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's probably our 3rd string QB at this point.
Keep telling yourself that. Even if it is written on paper at some point, like when Chris Stephens was 3rd string behind Brock Berlin and Palmer while Grossman was with the scout team. If it really got down to it, they would pull the redshirt off Feleipe (same with Grossman) but it's best for him to get as many reps as possible in he meantime. It doesn't matter if Trash gets only 10% of the reps as the 3rd stringer because everyone, including him, knows he will never be anything but a thinly disguised walkon (and less talented than the walkons we are used to landing around here).

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Here's why Kyle Trask will be great:

1. He wore 18 in high school. Peyton Manning wore 18 in the NFL.

2. He is listed as 6'5 by many services. Manning is listed as 6'5.

3. Trask threw a TD in high school. So did Manning.

4. Trask has a big forehead. Manning has a big forehead.

5. Trask played football in Texas. Manning played the Texans in Houston.

I could go on. Clearly this is destiny. Trask has greatness in him.

But what is coach Mc gonna do when he jams his junk in one of the female trainers faces?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Keep telling yourself that. Even if it is written on paper at some point, like when Chris Stephens was 3rd string behind Brock Berlin and Palmer while Grossman was with the scout team. If it really got down to it, they would pull the redshirt off Feleipe (same with Grossman) but it's best for him to get as many reps as possible in he meantime. It doesn't matter if Trash gets only 10% of the reps as the 3rd stringer because everyone, including him, knows he will never be anything but a thinly disguised walkon (and less talented than the walkons we are used to landing around here).
I never said that what you are saying is wrong, but yeah, on paper, he'll be the 3rd string. I wouldn't be surprised if he passes Franks, because he did look like trash. Trask may not be a 5*, but Franks may not even be worth a 3rd star.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just say I'm pretty comfortable sitting here on the side of all the scouts, the people who pick the All American teams, and all the power 5 coaching staffs from across the south.

You can stand over there with Trash's middle school coach.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just say I'm pretty comfortable sitting here on the side of all the scouts, the people who pick the All American teams, and all the power 5 coaching staffs from across the south.

How bout this Law (since you're so confident), if Trask ever starts one game here, you'll buy me a customized Trask jersey? Deal?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think our 3rd stringer this year probably has a better upside than our starter at the end of last year.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
It's really pointless to run down our players, especially when most of us have never seen some of the newcomers play (as Gators). Just relax, hope or trust that the coaching staff can help each of them improve, and then wait and see who wins out.

I can only imagine what some of you would have said, had internet forums been around then, about a skinny 5th string QB who became the Gator's starter with a fair degree of success, and then drew an NFL paycheck for 14 years. A kid named Shane Matthews.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
everyone, including him, knows he will never be anything but a thinly disguised walkon (and less talented than the walkons we are used to landing around here).

If he ever becomes the starter, I will pay with my own money to buy you a Trask jersey so you can post a pic of you wearing it here on the site.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I get that you're not anticipating great things from Trask and you think Mac wasted a scholarship on him. However, I don't understand the venom. Did a 2* QB shoot your dog and steal your girlfriend back in college?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he ever becomes the starter, I will pay with my own money to buy you a Trask jersey so you can post a pic of you wearing it here on the site.
:lol2:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

Trouble With the Curve?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can only imagine what some of you would have said, had internet forums been around then, about a skinny 5th string QB who became the Gator's starter with a fair degree of success, and then drew an NFL paycheck for 14 years. A kid named Shane Matthews.
You want to compare Shane Matthews, a guy WHO WAS ALLSTATE IN MISSISSIPPI, to a hunk of Trash that hasnt started since SEVENTH GRADE??

Yes, we once had champions lined up 5 or 6 deep, we are FLORIDA. Now we are lucky to steal players from FIU or from Div 3 schools and you morons want to act like everything is going well.

Keep chugging that Swag Juice.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now we are lucky to steal players from FIU or from Div 3 schools and you morons want to act like everything is going well.

Law, I like you and think you bring a lot to the board, but you must live a miserable life.

sooooooo much negativity. :sadnanner:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, we once had champions lined up 5 or 6 deep, we are FLORIDA. Now we are lucky to steal players from FIU or from Div 3 schools and you morons want to act like everything is going well.

Geez Law, we are the Gatorchatter team here, talk about a team being better
without Treon's dour influences.??

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I get that you're not anticipating great things from Trask and you think Mac wasted a scholarship on him. However, I don't understand the venom. Did a 2* QB shoot your dog and steal your girlfriend back in college?

No, he shot my girlfriend and stole my dog!

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
You want to compare Shane Matthews, a guy WHO WAS ALLSTATE IN MISSISSIPPI, to a hunk of Trash that hasnt started since SEVENTH GRADE??

Okay, if Shane had too much rep when he arrived, then maybe Kerwin Bell will explode your head. A walk-on who started as 8th string. Also had great success as a Gator QB, then played pro ball in the NFL, WAFL, and CFL for 14 years.

But that's really not the point, is it? This wasn't really about that the PLAYERS bring to the game. It's about what what we Gator FANS bring to the discussion. And disparaging the players here, where they can't defend themselves, is the particular brand of forum behavior that I am calling out. There's no upside to it, it's unpleasant, it demeans the conversation, etc. Find a better way to vent your frustrations with the Gator team.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Okay, if Shane had too much rep when he arrived, then maybe Kerwin Bell will explode your head. A walk-on who started as 8th string. Also had great success as a Gator QB, then played pro ball in the NFL, WAFL, and CFL for 14 years.

But that's really not the point, is it? This wasn't really about that the PLAYERS bring to the game. It's about what what we Gator FANS bring to the discussion. And disparaging the players here, where they can't defend themselves, is the particular brand of forum behavior that I am calling out. There's no upside to it, it's unpleasant, it demeans the conversation, etc. Find a better way to vent your frustrations with the Gator team.
Next you will expect common sense and decorum in presidential elections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator