Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder who is roommates are and suitemates? Says it happened in Springs complex which is where most of the team live so I can assume this took place in his dorm and someone had to be in the room or near by:
UFPD14199710/6/201400:4910/6/2014Sexual Battery10/5/14 0230 to 10/5/14 0325Springs Residential Complex

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
The silver lining - at least this greatly increases the odds of Muschamp being fired (because we continue to start Driskel and lose games)

It would've been hard to fire Muschamp if Treon played great and led us to 8 wins . . .

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if the plan was to name Harris the starter, this broke out, and everyone had to scramble.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Hopefully the truth comes out. Unlike another university, I'm proud UF is handling this the right way. Solid leadership in Gainesville.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sad to hear...at this point Muschamp is just plain bad luck and he needs to be dumped. Hoping for the best. Punch in the gut.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good thing we didn't have any off season issues.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is some karma in this for the crap we gave FSU for their case. Though it looks like we are handling it 1,000% better than they, all the rapeis jokes must be coming back at us.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n70842 said:
If you're "clouded with alcohol" you aren't in your mind to give consent. That is assault.

Well, if we went 8 - 3 with a true freshman that would have been very promising. Oh well. We'll never know. This might end up being the final nail in WM's coffin.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
For the past 5 years, there can't be a more frustrated fanbase in all of college football. It's like a groundhog day nightmare that will never end.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If true it sucks on so many levels and is very wrong. But, this is why they investigate. It could very easily have been another student saying he was Treon to try and get some. Alcohol could have been involved with a young lady regretting a decision. Despite what some have posted, regret is not assault. Or Treon could be a sack of crap. I'll wait until the info is out.

What is mind boggling to me is that some team leaders didn't have Harris, Tabor, and Dawson with them Saturday. Keep them out of trouble and show them how to be responsible after a big win.

At face value, this sounds horrible from many perspectives, but I'll continue to wait for all the info to come to light. Props to UF for handling this in a responsible manner and not act like FSU.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What an embarrassment? :suicide:

All I can say is that I hope it's a false accusation against a rising star, however, if it's indeed true, then he has no place on this team, or on this campus, or anywhere else.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n70833 said:
Not to be "that guy," but what are the odds this is some crazy broad trying to get famous by accusing the new "star" QB of sexual assault? The kid has kept his nose clean just fine until the night of his "breakout" game? Then again, maybe he's just a bad apple like Jameis and this is the first indication. Every criminal has a first crime at some point.
Statistically, very low. Most rapes go unreported and an it's estimated that only about 2% are falsely reported. The reason being that rape victims, especially in high profile cases like this one, are subject to so much humiliation and shaming, (see the Winston case), that it is in no way worth it to expose themselves and their families to it.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n70884 said:
Hearsay, wasn't reported for 22 hours, kinda weird.

The time period makes me think it was a young lady drinking too much and regretting her decision. However, it could be that it took her some time to have the courage to file a report.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n70884 said:
Hearsay, wasn't reported for 22 hours, kinda weird.

The delay in reporting doesn't necessarily strike me as odd, but the time does. At 22 hours later, why report something like that at almost 1 in the morning? Not impossible, just seems like an odd time to report it if it hadn't happened right then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator