Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can we pull an FSU and suspend him from the cross country team for two meets.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n70910 said:
Sadly, if you've become any sort of high profile athlete, your best option is don't drink, don't smoke, don't go out, don't engage in any sex with anyone you don't consider a trustworthy, long time girlfriend. It's sad, but it's true. Hell, as perverted and creepy as it may sound, maybe you hit audio or video record on your phone just to protect yourself during any sexual acts. What better defense, if you're innocent, than to have at least audio of the encounter.

Recording people without their consent is illegal most places too.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Actually it is quite sad that we were pinning are hopes on a true freshman to rescue us from JD and Muschamp. Seriously...I'm guilty of it. Like I said, punch in the gut and maybe it isn't true. The team has to be wondering what the F else can go wrong. To be honest though, I was 99% JD was going to start anyhow. Muschamp doesn;t have the balls to switch. That decision has been made for him for better or for worse. If it is true, my heart goes out to the victim and her family. Some of our fans will treat her much like they did with the Winston girl.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
GatorFin;n70925 said:
Take this **** like a man and point the finger at those who deserve it. Muschamp and JF are not deserving of it.

I don't care how mad anyone gets but this is correct as well. Anyone on here trashing WM or JF over this is an asshat, plain and simple. This is being handled just the way it should be. Keep it classy Gators, all joking aside when you make a rude joke at times like this it comes across as insensitive. Sexual assault is no joking matter at all.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Call me old fashioned, but...

HogtownGator;n70930 said:
athletes shouldn't drink, smoke, or have sex with anyone except their wife.

feel free to blast me if you want, I won't care.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n70939 said:
Recording people without their consent is illegal most places too.

Perhaps, but one helluva defense against being falsely accused of rape.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I find it hard to believe a kid with no criminal background reaches an all time high in his young athletic career comes home and rapes a girl

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Athletes are being targeted

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don't blame Muschamp at all - the one of few good things he's done is clean up the off-the-field stuff. But it is hard to argue the guy is just plain bad luck at this point. A pox...a curse...whatever. I don't want him around the program any longer than necessary. It's not his fault but there's a bad aura...chi...mana...whatever you want to call it...surrounding the UF football team. Those injuries weren't his fault either. We need to wipe the slate clean and bring in someone new.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
All these comments about the victim having regret are ridiculous... we don't know anything and let's stop making excuses and trying to blame the victim. Let's wait until at least some facts come out.

There is a new initiative regarding Yes means Yes... where people get a verbal "Yes" before engaging in sex. The rule for football players should be to record the person with their consent saying that they willingly engage in sexual activity with X person on X day. It sounds horrible and lacks passion, but it is protection.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hope it's not true but if it is then he has to go. Gotta appreciate the way they are handling it.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
OK, I have been away. so I have not read p6 or so to 16. I have seen some additional info which maybe you all have discussed and finished with.

First H Johnson says there has been no arrest and he does not expect there to be one.

Secondly UAA or UF put out a statement saying he has been accused of raping a young woman in a dorm on Sunday morning.

Third, FSU Rapies fan is crowing that their QB was never suspended because he wasn't charged, while ours was. Apparently some of them do not understand that it is customary to suspends players when the accusation is made to LE while investigation is in process., not only if the SAO brings charges.

4th. I have a question.
It seems like a strange time to chose to rape someone. They just had a game, flew back celebrated. Wouldn't they be celebrating at night? Wouldn't he be tired\? Maybe eager to study up on some things? Wouldn't it be easy to have a willing date? Even if rape is one of his recreational pastimes, it seems like an odd time to engage in it. Right on hs break of career opportunity and after a game and travel?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n70899 said:
A woman who is intoxicated is not able to give consent - not my standard, but a legal standard. Not having consent constitutes sexual assault.

It is VERY, VERY common to wait at least 24 hours to report a sexual assault.

So if Treon was drunk, he would not have been able to give his consent either? So she could have very easily assaulted him...according to your provided definition. In fact, according to your definition, 90% of the fat women who have had sex should be locked up for sexual assault.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
He will probably end up at FSU or Auburn, where he will win a national title and a heisman. Meanwhile, we will still be figuring out how to revive a program from the curse of the Newton, Meyer, Addazio, Brantley, Muschamp, Weis, Pease, Driskel, and now Treon debacle. It feels like a f***ing conspiracy.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n70965 said:
OK, I have been away. so I have not read p6 or so to 16. I have seen some additional info which maybe you all have discussed and finished with.

First H Johnson says there has been no arrest and he does not expect there to be one.

Secondly UAA or UF put out a statement saying he has been accused of raping a young woman in a dorm on Sunday morning.

Third, FSU Rapies fan is crowing that their QB was never suspended because he wasn't charged, while ours was. Apparently some of them do not understand that it is customary to suspends players when the accusation is made to LE while investigation is in process., not only if the SAO brings charges.

4th. I have a question.
It seems like a strange time to chose to rape someone. They just had a game, flew back celebrated. Wouldn't they be celebrating at night? Wouldn't he be tired\? Maybe eager to study up on some things? Wouldn't it be easy to have a willing date? Even if rape is one of his recreational pastimes, it seems like an odd time to engage in it. Right on hs break of career opportunity and after a game and travel?

Harris has not yet been charged with anything, just under investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.