Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
So an idiot is scoffing at me applauding UF's handling while disparaging FSU's. Told me
"UF has no legs to stand on when it comes to their football program and the character of some of the players who've come through it.....certainly not to the point where it can point fingers at any other school."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n71412 said:
I did not say I believe the tweet, I was just restating what it said because someone said they could not read it from their phone. I agree for THIS thread the comments should be turned back on.
I think Matt was just being silly.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n71423 said:
So an idiot is scoffing at me applauding UF's handling while disparaging FSU's. Told me
"UF has no legs to stand on when it comes to their football program and the character of some of the players who've come through it.....certainly not to the point where it can point fingers at any other school."

Let him scoff. Each incident requires its own analysis, and perhaps UF has mishandled some in the past. Or perhaps not...I am not privy to all the facts of all the cases. The current event is being handled correctly, in my opinion. The school is more important than the sport. They are called student-athletes, not athlete-students. If other schools choose to handle these situations differently, that is their decision to make. The consequences will also be theirs to bear.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n71423 said:

We all know Aaron Hernandez came through our program, the difference is he was not to my knowledge accused of any crime (other than sucker punching a bouncer) while he was hear. He turned out to be a sick psycho murderer, but there is no proof he did that while at UF.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Anyone else find it a bit fishy that Treon is a relatively unknown Qb, he becomes a hero, and the very next day, is accused of sexual assault? Now don't get me wrong, I think suspending him was the right move. But could it be possible that this is another girl wanting a piece of the kid's fame?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n71429 said:
Anyone else find it a bit fishy that Treon is a relatively unknown Qb, he becomes a hero, and the very next day, is accused of sexual assault? Now don't get me wrong, I think suspending him was the right move. But could it be possible that this is another girl wanting a piece of the kid's fame?

We don't know what the situation was. Maybe he was thinking he could do whatever he wanted now that he was the hero. Can we please NOT speculate and put blame on either the one of the two involved .

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n71430 said:
We don't know what the situation was. Maybe he was thinking he could do whatever he wanted now that he was the hero. Can we please NOT speculate and put blame on either the one of the two involved .

Totally agree. Right now speculation is just that, speculation. It's worth about the same as a hand full of :kiffin:.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n71430 said:
Are you serious dude? This entire thread is speculation hell thats all we do around here. It's common knowledge no one knows what happened. Lol

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Heck your latest thread title is what if this happens

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This decade is just crap between politics and Gator football.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Someone stated this evening that he has not only been suspended from the team, but he has been suspended from school. Does anyone know if this is true?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
The University issued the following statement: “We have no tolerance for sexual assault on our campus,” UF President Bernie Machen said. “The university is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment for every member of the UF community. We must strive to protect all of our students from sexual harassment and assault, and do everything in our power to promote a safe learning environment.”

Now I don't know if Treon Harris is guilty of anything. Maybe he is guilty of something and maybe he isn't. But shouldn't Big Bernie Machen wait until at least Treon Harris is charged with something much less found guilty before he issues a statement such as the one above? Suspending him from the football team and the school is one thing. Machen and Muschamp have a right to do that. But since when did Machen become judge, jury, and jailer?

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Regardless, looks like old bernie had already decided

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Gatoravatara;n71504 said:
He did the right thing. He didn't say Treon did sht. He just said the University doesn't tolerate sht.

We all know the university doesn't tolerate sht. But in the context of what just happened to Treon Harris, it seems to imply that Harris is guilty. And he may be guilty, but you, I, or Bernie Machen don't know that for a fact yet.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n71507 said:

He isn't about to budge probably without an affidavit by her saying Treon didn't do it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n71507 said:

what did he say to make you think that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.