Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
I would imagine that to be suspended indefinitely, Machen had enough information from the UPD / GPD to make an informed decision. The thing I have a hard time wrapping my brain around is that I am sure these players have been told time and again to not put themselves into these types of positions. Yet, here we are once again, another player being investigated for sexual assault.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Munk;n71273 said:
I would imagine that to be suspended indefinitely, Machen had enough information from the UPD / GPD to make an informed decision. The thing I have a hard time wrapping my brain around is that I am sure these players have been told time and again to not put themselves into these types of positions. Yet, here we are once again, another player being investigated for sexual assault.

If, as some reports have suggested, this was actually a girlfriend, it's increasingly difficult to avoid that situation, short of saying these guys can't even look at girls, much less have girlfriends.
As far as Machen and the moves by the university, it is, and should be, the reaction of suspend someone in these cases and have clarity on the issue. They seem to have done that thus far, with even Joe Schaad stating that UF has provided incredible clarity thus far, that he hadn't seen before. The informed decision was simply to be cautious, and favor the side of never accepting sexual assault. They've done exactly that.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SaltyGator;n70926 said:
Ugh...there goes any hope for the rest of the season!

Not to be insensitive but Muschamp probably set Harris up so he had an excuse to stick with Driskel

:fingertap:

Then don't be.

And while your at it, stop being stupid too.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n71285 said:
I can wrap my hands around football players wanting to get laid. What I cant get my head around is why someone coming home the hero of the game, that has a guaranteed lay, going about committing rape. I'm not saying he did not do it. I just don't understand WHY he did it.

Don't know any details myself but some are claiming Treon and this girl have had a relationship previously I think.

Swamp A-S

Aug 22, 2014
This whole topic is the perfect example of why we need comment's on others comments. There's too much garbage to sift through to reply to someone. Everything gets cluttered up and everyone keeps misquoting. Js.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone have any updates. Is the police department or anybody going to release a statement?

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
Gator Fever;n71288 said:
Don't know any details myself but some are claiming Treon and this girl have had a relationship previously I think.

A booty call gone bad.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
V0b17zU.gif

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Swamp A$S;n71289 said:
This whole topic is the perfect example of why we need comment's on others comments. There's too much garbage to sift through to reply to someone. Everything gets cluttered up and everyone keeps misquoting. Js.

I haven't missed comments since they got turned off, but I agree, on this particular thread comments would have helped.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp A$S;71289 said:
Completely disagree. Going back thru the whole thread to read comments would be a gigantic nightmare.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The ESPN article on this says Treon is 5'11" 190lbs. I guess he's bulked up. Hopefully he's innocent as well.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think at this point we just sit and wait. He isn't playing this week. Let's hope Grier can get ready and Driskel and the D can get us a win. Mizzou is going to be a tougher game.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well...I read every page. Pretty fascinating to see the course of the conversation. Here are my thoughts...

1. Did any of us, as men, say after Treon's performance Saturday, "he's going to get laid tonight!"? It is often said jokingly, but if in a relationship, it is a definite possibility.
2. Exactly when was alcohol or drugs introduced into the conversation? Do not recall any official confirmation that either was involved.
3. If the girlfriend, a Gator basketball player, was pissed off because she saw him with another girl, why would she put herself in such a position to exact revenge on him?
4. If she was pissed off because she saw him with another woman, and said no, and he proceeded anyway, he should suffer the consequences.
5. If she's lying she should be kicked out of school.
6. If he's lying he should be kicked out school.
7. In spite of our desires, the institution has to come before football. Two people's futures are at stake here and that is way more important than football.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n71308 said:
Well...I read every page. Pretty fascinating to see the course of the conversation. Here are my thoughts...

1. Did any of us, as men, say after Treon's performance Saturday, "he's going to get laid tonight!"? It is often said jokingly, but if in a relationship, it is a definite possibility.
2. Exactly when was alcohol or drugs introduced into the conversation? Do not recall any official confirmation that either was involved.
3. If the girlfriend, a Gator basketball player, was pissed off because she saw him with another girl, why would she put herself in such a position to exact revenge on him?
4. If she was pissed off because she saw him with another woman, and said no, and he proceeded anyway, he should suffer the consequences.
5. If she's lying she should be kicked out of school.
6. If he's lying he should be kicked out school.
7. In spite of our desires, the institution has to come before football. Two people's futures are at stake here and that is way more important than football.

Good points. I think we either have the arrogant rules don't apply to me football player here or the hell hath no fury like a ........ here. Time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator