Treon Harris to start Saturday

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care who starts. They'll put the best Qb out there and that's fine with me. I'm just ready for Saturday.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Official per Mcelwain, Harris to start Saturday. Also emphasized Grier will play.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJB;n270023 said:
I don't care who starts. They'll put the best Qb out there and that's fine with me. I'm just ready for Saturday.
Ditto, ready to see the orange & blue uniforms marching downfield. No punts required.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The Original DC;270025 said:
Official per Macelwain, Harris to start Saturday. Also emphasized Grier will play.

Also heard each will have a predetermined amount of scripted plays. Did he say any more in regards to this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n270020 said:
From what I have seen/been told. Treon needs more practice with the 1s leading up to GameDay, which is the reason for what is happening. Grier is fine and should start.

Treon Harris is starting. McElwain just told the world.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The Original DC;270041 said:
Treon Harris is starting. McElwain just told the world.
read above...saw that about 10 min ago

GatorGorilla

Jan 2, 2015
LeeForThree;n270046 said:
read above...saw that about 10 min ago

Florida coach Jim McElwain said after Thursday's practice that sophomore Treon Harris will start the Gators' opener vs. New Mexico State. Redshirt freshman Will Grier will also play. Harris started six games last season; is the more mobile of the two, Grier can extend plays but is more of a dropback passer. Will be interesting to see how they each play Saturday. [h=1]Sam Khan Jr.ESPN Staff Writer [/h]

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kinda surprising, but somebody had to start and it seems Treon has moved the ball better in practice lately. We will see who steps up come game time.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Harris has played and beat Tennessee in Knexville, he played and beat UGA in Jax, he earned some stripes last year and if they're truly even, it makes sense to go with the more experienced guy. Grier will have his chances Saturday and beyond to take the job. Although I know we all look upon last year's coaching staff as inferior, we now have two staffs who have put Harris slightly ahead of Grier. Mac and Nuss know what good looks like from the QB position, so you gotta trust their decision.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n270049 said:
Kinda surprising, but somebody had to start and it seems Treon has moved the ball better in practice lately. We will see who steps up come game time.

The narrative from the practices started changing about two weeks in. I specifically remember reading after a practice that Harris was unstoppable against the first team defense in red zone scrimmaging. And it looks like Harris kept building momentum while Grier leveled off some. At any rate, looking forward to seeing both of them Saturday.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Welp, Will Grier's Dad just tweeted "wow." Hope this ends better than the last camp QB battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator