Treon Harris

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n306296 said:
Was it hard to flip from Florida State to Florida on signing day? "No sir....FSU has a lot of quarterback depth, man. Their pro-style offense doesn't really fit me well."
Good thing we don't have any QB depth or god-forbid want to run a pro-style offense.

How often have you heard people talk about your size at the quarterback position?"I hear it a lot, but like Coach Roper says, size doesn't mean nothing."
Roper must have a very kind wife.
… wellll … it's still a teeny weeny problem.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who's the first to defend the steaming pile of shït he left on the field today?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I thought Harris was better than this... Today proved otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n308963 said:

GIF-celebrate-Cheer-cheerleading-Droopy-meh-sarcastic-wave-flag-woo-hoo-yay-GIF.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n308963 said:
The fact that, after the half, Mac replaced a guard and a tackle, while all you morons were calling for Vandy's 4th string QB, says it all. Mac knows more than you.

Trreon is a spread QB. I don't like spread QBs, I like Qbs who pass but he is what we have. It's not his fault the other guy got himself banned for 12 months or that the previous coach didn't recruit OL or other QBs.

The only thing that worked all day was quick passes to the outside. That has to be what we do. Trying to pound the middle or throw long with this OL is pointless. Maybe inside runs will work better if you hit the outside passes and force them to back off some, but we can't run on 8 or 9 with this OL. Hell, we can't even run on 6 or 7.... unless Jeremy Pruitt is the other DC.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n308965 said:
I thought Harris was better than this... Today proved otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to remind us that you thought Harris was good. We remember your posts from September. :therethere:

He improved his completion percentage from last week so there's one good thing. I also thought his accuracy was slightly better too. Still has a long way to go, obviously. 2 turnovers are bad and this game showed you can't just roll him out of the pocket all of the time. The crossing routes in the first half were working well; not sure why they weren't called more in the second half.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
gr82b, love the Droopy Dog = "You know what? That makes me sad."
Whole game sucked … a Treon-led suckage !

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
ReelGatorDoc;308981 said:
Harris is best QB we have.

Is he, if the other guy can throw 5 yd routes I would consider giving him a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Law98gator;n308976 said:
The fact that, after the half, Mac replaced a guard and a tackle, while all you morons were calling for Vandy's 4th string QB, says it all. Mac knows more than you.

Trreon is a spread QB. I don't like spread QBs, I like Qbs who pass but he is what we have. It's not his fault the other guy got himself banned for 12 months or that the previous coach didn't recruit OL or other QBs.

The only thing that worked all day was quick passes to the outside. That has to be what we do. Trying to pound the middle or throw long with this OL is pointless. Maybe inside runs will work better if you hit the outside passes and force them to back off some, but we can't run on 8 or 9 with this OL. Hell, we can't even run on 6 or 7.... unless Jeremy Pruitt is the other DC.

Even a spread QB can make a read and throw 3 yard passes. Well, SHOULD be able to.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Law98gator;n305134 said:
He scored more points against Ugly and LSU than Grier did against UK or Mizzu. People keep forgetting that Grier was only good for one quarter vs. Tinerc and one game vs Ole Miss. The problem for both is the OL letting quick pressure through on every play,

That being said he was pretty bad tonight.

It would be nice to Grier back unfortunately he is dumber than the other 200,000 NCAA athletes.

Not sure how to take the new improved "almost' sunshine pumper law... matters not, Shane Matthews has already said Del Rio is UF's future qb....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ReelGatorDoc;n308981 said:
Harris is best QB we have left.

… but,but Grier left ?
Feleipe Franks is 6'5" 220 lbs. No protein drinks needed !

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n308963 said:
i will. He's our quarterback and he's the best!

Go Treon!

We won!!! SEC East Champs!!!! We could not have done it without him more than likely.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two things that we're going to be fighting for the remainder of the season: QB play and the kicking game.

I'm pulling hard for Treon, but there are too many glaring weaknesses in his game. He can be wildly inaccurate, his size makes it difficult for him to see the field from the pocket and he seems slow to make decisions (though his decision making does seem quicker lately - not necessarily better, but quicker), The flipside is, he can make dazzling plays with his feet, and the kid is a winner.

I put today's result on Nuss and Mac. The play calling early in the game was just too damned cute. We GAVE Vandy some stops in the first quarter, they got that long TD run and that changed the tone of the game. Suddenly, they had life and began to believe and we tightened up. This was the first time I thought our coaches coached poorly - on the offensive side of the ball.

Still, we won - which is a departure from previous years. Everyone has a stinker now and then and the good coaches and teams still win them. We won today.

We're going to need to coach and play a helluva lot better than today to get past the Clowns and to have any chance in the SECCG. Hell, we play like we did today and the Cocks will have a good shot at us.

The program, where it is today, has almost no margin for error. Mac knows this and I'm sure today was a post-WLOCP letdown (that we won). We'll see a much better effort next week.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Remember how good John Brantley looked behind Tebow's oline during mop up duty? Remember Brantley's signature "fetal position" move after that great 2009 line graduated?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n309009 said:
… but,but Grier left ?
Feleipe Franks is 6'5" 220 lbs. No protein drinks needed !
Another "dual threat" QB? :sadnanner:

I know it's hard because so many damn HS are running the midget league offenses now, but I'd much, much prefer to get a real passing QBs, not thinly disguised RBs in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator