Truth Takes: Beating The Cocks Makes Me Happy

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think that is it. I saw one too and it was much earlier. He threw into double coverage once and like quadruple coverage once too. Of course, Pitts being Pitts, it didn't matter. Maybe Trash makes different decisions if it weren't Pitts.

The one when Wright was stumbling was really a WELL designed play. Both were open and even if one kid on D had stayed home, Dan snuck two out there. I don't like some of his playbook but that was spectacular. I think Wright was so surprised he got too excited.
Yeah I thought the same thing about the design of that play....looked impossible to defend if the defense isn't set up for it pre-snap.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
So, who’s the OC?

Who calls the plays? Cousin Eddie!. Would it matter if Cousin Eddie did not call the plays? NO and NO. Cousin Eddie is the head coach and all blame for anything goes to HC. I have always said that and will never change my tune regardless of team or head coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who calls the plays? Cousin Eddie!. Would it matter if Cousin Eddie did not call the plays? NO and NO. Cousin Eddie is the head coach and all blame for anything goes to HC. I have always said that and will never change my tune regardless of team or head coach.
In retrospect, one of those passes to Whitepride was also questionable, but when it works it works.

I pretty much believe we've played the best defensive backfield we will see this year, unless we play Bammer. Some think 3 of the 4 cocks will get drafted in the first three rounds.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
In retrospect, one of those passes to Whitepride was also questionable, but when it works it works.

I pretty much believe we've played the best defensive backfield we will see this year, unless we play Bammer. Some think 3 of the 4 cocks will get drafted in the first three rounds.
You’re probably right, UGay’s secondary is....well.....dwagshyt, outside of LeCounte. He’s hit or miss, too, really.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Trask if upright will tor h that defense Nix could have passed for 400 yards last night and kept throwing into double coverage and overthrowing ppl...let alone the fact that his receivers all have Stone hands

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Two things. I do not disagree about USCe having a very good secondary. Horn did a great job on Pitts and it was an excellent decision to put your best CB on him, TE or not. They have some NFL guys in the secondary.

the pass to WhiteBoy that you speak of has NOTHING to do with a play call. That was Trash scrambling and trying to find anything. It was fortunate, it was a great throw and a great catch. Not on Cousin Eddie. What I speak of is up 21, 14 minutes to play, with ball, and 3 straight pass plays, the 3rd of which was an INT (right or wrong) that was the call. the next possession up 14, 10 minutes to play was a good run call to Pierce and then SHYT. 6 plays in total, a total of 60 seconds off the clock and if not for the good graces of MUSDYCK, it could have been a game. That is the difference.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
It made me happy too.
Most disappointing thing about the game to me was the fourth quarter drop off by the Offense, we need the offense to click on all cylinders until the defense can get its mojo back.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two things. I do not disagree about USCe having a very good secondary. Horn did a great job on Pitts and it was an excellent decision to put your best CB on him, TE or not. They have some NFL guys in the secondary.

the pass to WhiteBoy that you speak of has NOTHING to do with a play call. That was Trash scrambling and trying to find anything. It was fortunate, it was a great throw and a great catch. Not on Cousin Eddie. What I speak of is up 21, 14 minutes to play, with ball, and 3 straight pass plays, the 3rd of which was an INT (right or wrong) that was the call. the next possession up 14, 10 minutes to play was a good run call to Pierce and then SHYT. 6 plays in total, a total of 60 seconds off the clock and if not for the good graces of MUSDYCK, it could have been a game. That is the difference.

Could have been only counts in Horse Shoes....

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

I don't disagree with that like I also believe that Ole Miss is the best offense (or at least most complete) we will see all year. I'm not sure about Bammer's secondary though. They just let Mond go for 300 on them. I know some of it was garbage time, but that's still a pretty good number.

Heck, Kentucky will run for 490 against us.

Perhaps, but then again, they do have a physical match up with Alabama that week who may or may not have sealed the West by that point. Also, if Kentucky continues to lose, there may be changes made with that offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure about Bammer's secondary though. They just let Mond go for 300 on them.
Bammer has been soft in the secondary FOREVER. Go back to Fatford, Johnny Eightball, SOS drunk QB, really any QB that can pass downfield, and they have moved the ball pretty easily. Bammer is usually beastly up front and soft on coverage in the secondary. (Although their safeties are usually behind the receivers at least.)

They tend to play DBs that are run stoppers first, which makes sense in an SEC that has regressed into 1950s football often, with mostly power running, option, sideways passing etc, no downfield passing attacks.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Bammer has been soft in the secondary FOREVER. Go back to Fatford, Johnny Eightball, SOS drunk QB, really any QB that can pass downfield, and they have moved the ball pretty easily. Bammer is usually beastly up front and soft on coverage in the secondary. (Although their safeties are usually behind the receivers at least.)

They tend to play DBs that are run stoppers first, which makes sense in an SEC that has regressed into 1950s football often, with mostly power running, option, sideways passing etc, no downfield passing attacks.

True, that's why they had such problems with Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss, against Carolina a bit last year and several other examples. Wonder what #piratestate will do. If they get the OL and Hill back that is.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ya think the "not wrapping up and really tackling" has anything to do with an internal Covid fear? Just a pysch thing they have to overcome? Just wondering..

Not at all. Poor coaching, plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.