Truth Takes: Kentucky Review

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent read Truth @GatorTruth133

Points well made about the issues from the different areas. Play calling was a head scratcher for me, as I was expecting us to run more to set up passing opportunities. I think I mentioned in another thread that Mullen going pass heavy might be an indication of what he thinks/knows at this stage about what he can expect from the OL where run blocking is concerned. Even against Charleston we were better (not great by any means) in pass pro than blocking the run. Might have been a factor in Mullen's curious halftime interview where he acknowledged that he was ok with the pass pro in the first half. Unfortunately, UK put more pressure on that aspect in the second half after they realized and adjusted to the fact that we weren't going to run the ball very much.

Got to agree with Tuna @Tunaboat that the DL was pretty much manhandled all night. There were some holds not called as is the case in most games, but our guys couldn't get off of the blocks hardly at all and when they did, the arm tackling you mentioned was what resulted. Without a stalwart group of LBs, which we don't have, there won't be much second level clean up. The UK RB was pretty good, but I think we made him look even more so.

You were also spot on with the Safety problems. If you've got to be young in the secondary, it's better to be young at CB. Your veteran Safeties can take care of the CBs and are their eyes so to speak when they have flipped and run in man coverage. We don't have that luxury this year and only reps and time will take care of this.

Keep up the good work! An old "football head" like me enjoys this kind of stuff!

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
My first question to the team would be "How many of you squat to pee" I would say kick all of them off that raised their hand but we might not be able to field a team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator