Truth Takes: Samford

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
A wise man once said, "I'm just here so I won't get fined". So, here I am.

I took two friends with my wife and I to the game. One hadn't been to a game with me since "The Promise" game and the other had only been to 2004 Carolina. I'll blame them for the result because blaming Mullen seems to be taboo to a decent portion of the fanbase.

I'm just over the nonsense. This team has fallen off more than my worst fears of the season would believe.

I have come to an agreement with Ali Peek Wilbur that I will not bad mouth Mullen in exchange for her objective record that we must have in 2022 for Mullen to get 2023 and she said 10-2. Make sure we keep her honest on that.

Anyways...

Offense
We put up record numbers and EJ broke tons of records. However, as everyone with a pulse should know, but it isn't apparent to some, we played a losing record FCS team.

In the past, we could stop the FCS team and have the starters out at the half. then we could get the back ups valuable snaps for development. We couldn't do that yesterday and the results showed.

Pierce showed why he's a great underutilized back. Too bad we are costing him millions at the next level.

Gamble showed his quality with some great catches on inaccurate throws. Too bad EJ doesn't see him in games against quality opponents.

There is little to learn about this offense. Though I will say I was proud we could pull out enough offense for 70 after looking bad for a few weeks, even against a bad opponent.

Defense
I don't know how evident this was on TV, but there were changes at LB in the second half that helped the defense. Wingo played quite a bit after playing little to none his first few years in Gainesville.

I was disappointed in Torrence's effort on one of the first Samford TD's letting that TE run right through him on the way for the long TD. it was nice to see more McDaniel and the team went nuts on the sideline when he got the pick.

I also loved seeing big Dez get more snaps that will benefit us in the future.

CRob calling plays went as well as many predicted. However, many thought it would be different due to Diabate's midweek comments.

Extra Points
  • FSU beating Miami was the worst thing that could've happened for our season outlook. A loss and FSU would be guaranteed a losing season and maybe their players would quit as many believe our players had.
  • Hope someone can beat UGA. This would be like FSU winning the Natty in 2013.
  • Can't believe people are still thinking everything is fine.

Well, we are in the 4:00pm SECN death slot against Mizzou next week. Literally the time slot the use for games no one wants to watch because its up against CBS. Hopefully we keep Mizzou under 300 yards rushing.

Go Gators!

Shortcast

Lifetime Member
Aug 10, 2015
I agree totally... I just don't understand what some are not seeing that makes them say everything is okay?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Who has said everything is fine?

Name names...

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015

Other than criticism of EJ (which is: 1-fair to critique a starting QB: 2-more a cry for AR15, than bashing EJ) I haven’t seen too much bashing of the players.

Im not taking criticism from a guy named Shannon.

More like Karen Snell

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
If only Shannon Snell had played as well for the Gators as he is doing in trying to defend the utter dreck that is on the field weekly, perhaps he might have found himself with a productive football career.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The bad imitation of dancing jig was really disgusting. Not only was he out of his mind. He can't dance. Add that to a lot of things he can't do. Hell, Saban can dance better than he can, and Saban can barely move. Saban also sucks at TV commercials. But he can recruit.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"in all kinds of weather"....someone needs to tell that fat fuch that urination is not a form of precipitation that qualifies as weather....in fact, it's been diarrhea for weeks now. I ain't standing in a shyt storm with any of your fuchers.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
20 years from now, no one will care that we beat up on a cup cake.

It's hard to score 70, even against the wind.

I'll take the win and hope for good results next week. Maybe the Football God's will smile on my Gator's again.

Dan must give the worst Pressers in all of College Football.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
20 years from now, no one will care that we beat up on a cup cake.

It's hard to score 70, even against the wind.

I'll take the win and hope for good results next week. Maybe the Football God's will smile on my Gator's again.

Dan must give the worst Pressers in all of College Football.
His pressers aren’t even competitive.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His pressers aren’t even competitive.
Here's the thing, no one would give a shtt about his pressers if he put a good product on the field.

He is literally good at nothing except landing contract extensions for himself and his two pet dwags.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here's the thing, no one would give a shtt about his pressers if he put a good product on the field.

He is literally good at nothing except landing contract extensions for himself and his two pet dwags.

I'll go a step further. No one would really care about a random game where we looked lackadaisical and stumbled to a win if we weren't also sitting at 5 losses and debating if we really have it in us to beat either the 5-loss Mizzou or 6-loss fsu teams in front of us.

I respect all the former players for their contribution. But as always, you could make an equally compelling argument that allowing the current status quo to continue by just blindly falling in line is far more harmful to the university and players than calling things what they are. None of the players in 2004 wanted Zook out. But the ones that were still there in 2006 sure were happy that fans didn't pretend all was well and pushed for change.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I don't believe mullen is costing Pierce millions. He is getting enough carries to show he can play and his YPC is strong. If I am an evaluator I should like that he did not endure 25 carries a game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe mullen is costing Pierce millions. He is getting enough carries to show he can play and his YPC is strong. If I am an evaluator I should like that he did not endure 25 carries a game.
you want to know who goes in the first or second round? dudes with proven productivity.

you know who goes and rounds four through six? Mullen's players or Saban's backups.

you know who gets guaranteed tens of millions of dollars? the ones with productivity already proven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator