Tuesday Favorites….BBQ

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As we were coming from a meeting, I was decently dressed - no beret of course - though my colleague was in jeans. And even I, wine slob that I am, would never, ever, even under pain of death, have wine, especially Chablis, in a BBQ joint!
I call BS. If you’ll order fish tacos at a BBQ joint then you’ll drink piss colored wine with it.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
As we were coming from a meeting, I was decently dressed - no beret of course - though my colleague was in jeans. And even I, wine slob that I am, would never, ever, even under pain of death, have wine, especially Chablis, in a BBQ joint!
I've seen them let Ripple or MD2020 slide on rare occasions. But that's it....the only 2 I'm aware of. Maybe, if the joint is a tad 'unrefined', you might could get Boone's Farm too. Wouldn't risk it though.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Situational awareness. The key to so many things in life. In your case, it’s great, literal, example of “when in Rome…”.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So I was in Rome Ga. today and went to Moe’s BBQ for lunch, fully intending to get either the pulled pork or smoked turkey. Turns out it was “Taco Tuesday” and they had blackened mahi-mahi tacos, which I ordered instead. Two questions:
1) Was that wrong of me?
2) Does it still count in this thread if you go to a BBQ joint, but don’t get BBQ?

FWIW - They were phenomenal.

Fish? Hmmn.

I have questions.

1. Are you a practicing Catholic?
2. Is it a Friday?
3. Is it Lent?
4. Does the fish identify as pork?
5. Is the fish tilapia farmed in Ji-Na?
6. Was the fish cooked by a redneck or Black dude who knows his way around a fire, or was it cooked by a dumb ass zinnial?
7. Paper towels or cloth napkins?
8. Did you drive to the place in a pick-up truck? If so, is there a trailer hitch on said truck? If so, have you ever hauled anything (other than a uhaul trailer, those don’t count).

Alex.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Fish? Hmmn.

I have questions.

1. Are you a practicing Catholic?
2. Is it a Friday?
3. Is it Lent?
4. Does the fish identify as pork?
5. Is the fish tilapia farmed in Ji-Na?
6. Was the fish cooked by a redneck or Black dude who knows his way around a fire, or was it cooked by a dumb ass zinnial?
7. Paper towels or cloth napkins?
8. Did you drive to the place in a pick-up truck? If so, is there a trailer hitch on said truck? If so, have you ever hauled anything (other than a uhaul trailer, those don’t count).

Alex.
1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. Was afraid to ask; didn't want to come across as assuming its species
5. The fish was mahi, so no farm involved
6. Open kitchen, saw no one other than brothers and Bubbas at work - all of whom coulda stood to drop 50 lbs.
7. Please........paper towels; each table with its own roll.
8. As a matter of fact yes & yes. It wasn't mine tho, but I have no doubt he's towed all kinds of stuff; he owns 34 acres just outside town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator