by the throat?

iu

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sling blade and Animal House. First time the wife watched Slingblade with me, she looked at me with amazement at how hysterically I laughed. Can’t help myself.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
Most of my favorites probably come from the 80's and to many. Tons of great comedies that still hold up. Coming to America, Christmas Vacation, Planes Trains & Automobiles, Stripes, Fletch, Ghostbusters, Spaceballs, Ferris Bueller, Vacation, Summer Rental, The Great Outdoors, Just one of the guys, Uncle Buck, Better off Dead, The Burbs and Caddyshack to name a few. For the 90's American Pie will always hold a soft spot because of the age I was at the time but Office Space and My Cousin Vinny get me as well. If I had to list by I can't change the channel.

My Cousin Vinny
Christmas Vacation
The Burbs

upload_2022-2-18_18-16-41.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
“So I Married an Axe Murderer.” Best stupid movie of all time.

Crazy, I was just about to post a couple of movies that aren’t the funniest of comedies, but great still and have some of my favorite scenes. This is the first on my list. PCU and When Harry Met Sally also would qualify.

Back to SIMAAM, as great as Meyers is, I’m not sure the police chief doesn’t make the whole movie.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Crazy, I was just about to post a couple of movies that aren’t the funniest of comedies, but great still and have some of my favorite scenes. This is the first on my list. PCU and When Harry Met Sally also would qualify.

Back to SIMAAM, as great as Meyers is, I’m not sure the police chief doesn’t make the whole movie.
The whole sub plot between the chief and Anthony Lapaglia’s character was hilarious

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m a Cohen Bros fan, so I’ll throw in Oh Brother, The Big Labowski and Raising Arizona.
Love Kubrick’s Dr. Strangelove as well.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
“So I Married an Axe Murderer.” Best stupid movie of all time.
I love SIMAAM, but here is my only gripe with it (and same thing for Boomerang, which has some hilarious scenes). It's a "romcom" that for the first 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the movie is straight comedy gold, then remembers there is a "romance" component, so switches over for the last stretch to tie up all the loose ends. At this point, I've seen it so many times, I don't bother watching the last stretch because "meh." And yes, the Alan Larkin stuff is great. He's great in everything... he plays a very similar role as John Cusack's (a hitman) shrink in Grosse Pointe Blank.

Last edited:

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Forgot to add Major League to my list. Then there is also Weird Science and Johnny B. Good. While the entire movies are not my favorites they have
I love SIMAAM, but here is my only gripe with it (and same thing for Boomerang, which has some hilarious scenes). It's a "romcom" that for the first 2/3rds to 3/4ths of the movie is straight comedy gold, then remembers there is a "romance" component, so switches over for the last stretch to tie up all the loose ends. At this point, I've seen it so many times, I don't bother watching the last stretch because "meh." And yes, the Alan Larkin stuff is great. He's great in everything... he plays a very similar role as John Cusack's (a hitman) shrink in Grosse Pointe Blank.

One of my favorite movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator