Tuesday Favorites…Bread

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Good Italian white bread, specifically that in a restaurant in NY, is my favorite. Tough to replicate.

Banana nut is a great call as well.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sourdough, buttered and toasted. There’s a little Mennonite bakery just above Colquit Ga on Hwy 27 that makes the best we’ve found. In restaurants, for us it’s a tossup between Olive Garden’s hot bread sticks and Sonny’s cornbread.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't had one in a long time, but a fresh loaf of Cuban bread from La Segunda Bakery in Ybor City in Tampa......

1669229876258.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Truly the best, yet very rare outside of Tampa.

Have some at my house right now, though not from Ybor, with the in-laws up. Woke this morning to a full kitchen and the sounds of Juan Luis Guerra playing in the background. Thought you’d could relate. :lol:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We’ve gotten baguettes from the Upper Crust in Gainesville that were pretty good. Never been to France so not sure how it compares.
Maryland is right; it’s pretty damn good. It’s something about places like Europe, the Middle East, etc., the bread is fresh, cheap, and delicious. Mrs G and I lived in Cyprus for 4 years and loved how you could always find great bread.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Only had it at Indian places here. They were at least authentic and in a very Indian-heavy part of Queens, but I’m sure it isn’t like over there. Loved it though.
It was amazing in Afghanistan. Every neighborhood made it fresh every afternoon. Phenomenal with fresh hand made (mortar n pestle) hummus.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It was amazing in Afghanistan. Every neighborhood made it fresh every afternoon. Phenomenal with fresh hand made (mortar n pestle) hummus.

Yeah, I was having drinks and dinner with a base of Indian clients, so had to keep it together. All I remember is them telling me about how the yogurt and naan really help to cool off the your mouth from the heat. I couldn’t help but think, maybe don’t light it on fire in the first place. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.