Tuesday Favorites…Bread

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I was having drinks and dinner with a base of Indian clients, so had to keep it together. All I remember is them telling me about how the yogurt and naan really help to cool off the your mouth from the heat. I couldn’t help but think, maybe don’t light it on fire in the first place. :lol:
Wondering how it ended that evening?

1669323805639.gif

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Sourdough, buttered and toasted. There’s a little Mennonite bakery just above Colquit Ga on Hwy 27 that makes the best we’ve found. In restaurants, for us it’s a tossup between Olive Garden’s hot bread sticks and Sonny’s cornbread.
Olive Garden bread sticks are tough to beat. They are the primary reason I go there.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Store bought:

Sandwhich bread: Meritta Old Fashioned white.

Homemade: Sour Dough

Dipping: Pumpernickel

Restaurant: Olive Garden sticks

Homemade buttermilk biscuits with 1/2 lard 1/2 butter as fat.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
"Lite" or is it "light" bread? Growing up that's what we called "sliced" or "loaf" bread that came in plastic sacks.

I'm also a sucker for dry, not sweet cornbread. And banana nut bread is nasty enough to drive a maggot off of a gut wagon... :barfaway:...and I like bananas, just not anything that tastes like bananas...:crazy:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Toasted roast beef on rye with a horseradish sauce and a thick slice of cheddar is my go to Sammy.

Rye bread is very underrated.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Toasted roast beef on rye with a horseradish sauce and a thick slice of cheddar is my go to Sammy.

Rye bread is very underrated.

Good call. Outside the confines of a Jewish deli, rye does definitely take a back seat with no reason. My dad actually ate toasted rye with melted cheddar for breakfast a lot growing up.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Good call. Outside the confines of a Jewish deli, rye does definitely take a back seat with no reason. My dad actually ate toasted rye with melted cheddar for breakfast a lot growing up.
I would have bet a paycheck, you would have used this opportunity to post a video of Jerry stealing the loaf of marble rye. Are you slipping or are you trying to not be predictable?

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Gulf Coast Sourdough Cinnamon Swirl!!!! They call it "handcrafted" bread made in Tampa. Makes outrageous French Toast. They also make a great breakfast sandwich bread called Turmeric and Black Pepper and many other breads. Since they don't use preservatives, shipping could be problematic We get 3 to 4 loaves at a time and keep them in our freezer. I really have never had better bread. Here's their website; GCSD

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Dang gluten snobs. All bread (and corn, and lobster) exist for one reason: to get butter to your mouth. Sunbeam white bread has the lead for memories. However, being a sophisticated Air Force officer well versed in lessor cultures, naan and sourdough bring a lot of flavor to the fight. I love the banana bread and date nut bread but quick breads really don't count.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dang gluten snobs. All bread (and corn, and lobster) exist for one reason: to get butter to your mouth. Sunbeam white bread has the lead for memories. However, being a sophisticated Air Force officer well versed in lessor cultures, naan and sourdough bring a lot of flavor to the fight. I love the banana bread and date nut bread but quick breads really don't count.
speechless-no-comment.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
One of my Dad's favorite sayings was "the purpose of bread is to raise butter to the lips."

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
it's ALL bread, you snob! :lol:

Well, if you put it that way...

iu

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users