Tuesday Favorites…cold, flu and cough medicine

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Out of precaution, during winter months, I try to eat one of those little oranges that my kids eat at least a couple times a week. But as I’ve also talked about, raw kale and a little bit of kombucha every day makes you almost in upper proof. What doesn’t get killed by those antioxidants get wiped out with the Johnnie and wine over the weekend.
Do you have a side of penis with that meal?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Listen, apple-tini.
I gotta admit, I ended up lovin' that show...
tv shows wtf GIF

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Never watched it. Kind of surprising too considering it has Faison who I think is hilarious, and Marv from Wall Street.
I remember when the commercials for it first came out and thinking "That will NEVER last"... wound up watching all of it in Afghanistan and loved it, was glad someone included it in "greatest casts" thread, because it was a great cast.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I find a large glass (8-12 oz) of OJ every morning keeps me cold free all winter. When I forget the juice for a few days, and catch the inevitable cold, Nyquil does the trick for me. A good home remedy for sore throats is a mug of boiling water with the juice from a half a lemon and a tablespoon of honey.
My mother would give me HOT lemonade with a crushed aspirin dissolved in it. I think that helped...

Also, a nurse told my FIL years ago that you really don't get much vitamin C from drinking OJ because you basically pee it out. That is why I take high dose of the v C tablets so that I can absorb as much as possible.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My mother would give me HOT lemonade with a crushed aspirin dissolved in it. I think that helped...

Also, a nurse told my FIL years ago that you really don't get much vitamin C from drinking OJ because you basically pee it out. That is why I take high dose of the v C tablets so that I can absorb as much as possible.
Maybe so, but it works for me.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Sudafed, Coricidin, Tylenol, or Aleve, depending on symptoms, and a jug of orange juice.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Did you not see my input in the other thread. Milk of Magnesia. One dose and you deny being sick.

Alka-Seltzer was like that for us as kids. Can’t go to school? No problem. Drop these two tablets into water and spend the next hour regretting all of this, while still not feeling well.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mucinex. Gatorade. Orange Juice. If those fail, or even if they work, then this....

mr_boston_rock_rye_nv_750.png

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I once cured a case of strep throat by drinking a liter of Crown Royal in 24 hours. (Along with an 8-ball and a pack of cigarettes.)

But that was a long time ago.

I don't consume any of the three anymore, but I have no regrets. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator