• Olive Garden Breadsticks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas Roadhouse Yeast Rolls

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Just so you know. I work in IT. I sit at a desk in front of a computer in my home all day from 8-5.

Whenever you want to play the down vote game again, its no problem for me to waste a few minutes here and there returning the favor.

Glad we straightened that out.
Amusing that one downvote would trigger a flurry of responsive ones.

Your trigger finger was itchy today, apparently.

I'm sorry past traumas have wounded your psyche.

But yes, RL biscuits are the clear winner here.
Which is fortunate since it's their endless shrimp special too.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Glad we straightened that out.
Amusing that one downvote would trigger a flurry of responsive ones.

Your trigger finger was itchy today, apparently.

I'm sorry past traumas have wounded your psyche.

But yes, RL biscuits are the clear winner here.
Which is fortunate since it's their endless shrimp special too.

It wasn't the first or the second or the 3rd one today you gave me that made my finger itchy, it was the 4th one.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I'd really debated putting the pão de queijo from Fogo de Chão on here, along with the Outback black bread

But Outback's bread isn't that good on it's own without butter; and while the cheese rolls are good, they're pretty standard at any Brazilian place and it's hard to distinguish between the frozen ones or the fresh from oven ones, so loses steam there.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
It wasn't the first or the second or the 3rd one today you gave me that made my finger itchy, it was the 4th one.

Listen Uh Huh GIF by ABC Network

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I'd really debated putting the pão de queijo from Fogo de Chão on here, along with the Outback black bread

But Outback's bread isn't that good on it's own without butter; and while the cheese rolls are good, they're pretty standard at any Brazilian place and it's hard to distinguish between the frozen ones or the fresh from oven ones, so loses steam there.

Agree on the Outback bread.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010_142053_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_142053_Chrome.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 7

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Oh, I agree.
I gave you one and you responded with 4...and well, here we are.

You want to dance, I can play that game too.
Or we can just agree we're both stubborn and move on, whatever you want.

You downvoted me multiple times, then I responded.

All future dances will have me returning fire 2 for 1.

Your call.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Maybe a dark horse here...

But the bread at the Macaroni Grill dipped in olive oil with a little fresh ground pepper was/is fantastic.
I don't remember if it was Italian bread (probably) or sourdough.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This thread never had a lot of promise to begin with - let’s face it, how good can mass produced bread to a nationwide consistency really be? - but it got really bad, really fast. Congratulations to you both.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe a dark horse here...

But the bread at the Macaroni Grill dipped in olive oil with a little fresh ground pepper was/is fantastic.
I don't remember if it was Italian bread (probably) or sourdough.
I was gonna mention Carraba’s bread that they serve with the olive oil and herbs. This brought it to mind. Pretty dang good.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This thread never had a lot of promise to begin with - let’s face it, how good can mass produced bread to a nationwide consistency really be? - but it got really bad, really fast. Congratulations to you both.

I didn’t want to say anything and be that guy. So thanks. :lol:

I enjoy all three equally, and literally just as often.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
As much as I love those cheddar biscuits, I'm going unconventional here and choosing roadhouse yeast rolls but with 1 caveat - they are covered in the roadhouse cinnamon butter. That puts them over the top imo, along with the fact that while tx roadhouse is a good place to eat, red lobster is absolute dogsht so I'm not going there anyway.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Anyone remember Quincy’s - Home of the big fat yeast role?
I was a kid so maybe they weren’t really that good but the slogan says it all.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone remember Quincy’s - Home of the big fat yeast role?
I was a kid so maybe they weren’t really that good but the slogan says it all.
Seems like Quincy’s was at the tail end of the steakhouses. I recall going to the one that was caddy-cornered from the Tallahassee Mall. The yeast rolls were pretty good and they’d keep them coming as long as you asked for them.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Seems like Quincy’s was at the tail end of the steakhouses. I recall going to the one that was caddy-cornered from the Tallahassee Mall. The yeast rolls were pretty good and they’d keep them coming as long as you asked for them.
Yep, we had one on the corner of Timberlane and Thomasville Rd. I think it's a Sonny's now. I'd get the sirloin steak tips every time as a kid and fill up on the endless rolls before the food would come out.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Invalid poll without Piesanos garlic rolls. Basically AUCE and perfect. complimentary-garlic.jpg

gville had one by the interstate behind Red Lobster ....now long gone......

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
i just read back into this thread. Fcknnn comedic gold...........aw hell, this thread on bread where some need a med or back to bed needs a story. Many years ago (the late 80) in the fishen village of Cedar Key there was a restaurant called the Heron. A legit good eatery at the end of the world beside the Gulf. The first Mrs Coach and I would do the weekend there in the high end condos by the dock. Island Place. So we go to this restaurant on the corner by the first stop sign as you get into CK. They bring this fresh baked pumpernickel bread with the feta cheese spread. Oh shttt I thought I had hit the jackpot. Then the blue crab bisque. NOW THAT was the real phknnn deal. I have never had it better and have looked. I threw in an Anchor Steam beer and I was living the life of the 1% (i thought) Anchor_Steam_Beer_12OZ_BTL_535x.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.