Tuesday Favorites....Desserts

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Ice cream would be my favorite—coffee or chocolate, or ideally Tartufo with both.

Cake, I’d do a really good flourless chocolate.

Pie, my mom’s blueberry pie.

Pastry, sfogliatelle.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I love pie, but specifically

Ya'll are going to ask WTF are you talking about, but ground cherry pie is the best.

If you aren't familiar with ground cherries they are related to tomatoes, tomatillos, etc. They are also called cape gooseberry. You'd have to either find them at a farmer's market or grow yourself or at a specialty grocer.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I love pie, but specifically

Ya'll are going to ask WTF are you talking about, but ground cherry pie is the best.

If you aren't familiar with ground cherries they are related to tomatoes, tomatillos, etc. They are also called cape gooseberry. You'd have to either find them at a farmer's market or grow yourself or at a specialty grocer.

My initial thought was....

:what2:

However I recently tried grape cobbler and it was surprisingly good. I'd try ground cherry pie but I wouldn't make one.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I think my favorite would have to be chocolate mousse.

Although, Haagen Dazs was BOGO at Publix last week, so I got some of their "Caramel Cone" flavor at home, and it's really really good.

Cheesecake is up there near the top, when it's prepared well.

And I echo the sentiments about chocolate chip cookies.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
A large bowl of old fashioned home made vanilla ice cream is the best for me. A slice of blueberry pie would accompany it well.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You know, between your insults and most of your 7 children working in some sort of government oversight, you’re not really sweetening the deal of meeting up one of these days. Bad enough I’ve got GBM texting me from a DC number.
She had her polygraph this morning in Jax... you think YOU'RE nervous, how do you think I felt with all the schit I had to disclose? :lol:

The questions they sent for me to answer regarding contact with foreigners/foreign governments in the last 7 years required me sending a letter that basically said, "You're schittin' me, right?" I was in Istanbul meeting with Afghans when I got the list of questions. :lol:

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tiramisu with an expresso
Double chocolate cake with a nice port
Homemade ice cream with moms blackberry cobbler

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Tiramisu with an expresso
Double chocolate cake with a nice port
Homemade ice cream with moms blackberry cobbler
You’ve prepared for this day. It sounds like you just placed an order after looking at the menu. :lol:

I’ll start with the Tiramisu with an expresso
Then a Double chocolate cake with a nice port
Followed by the Homemade ice cream with moms blackberry cobbler

Ahh yes, nice selection sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members