Tuesday Favorites....Spirits

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Apparently it's Sober October but we missed the memo.
Let's talk alcohol. Rank in order your preferred alcohol choices.

Champagne
Beer
Vodka mixes
wine
tequila

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Earlier this year I had a Captain & Coke at a friend's house, and it tasted like a cream soda. Hard to knock the rum.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rum - all of it
Amaretto
Tequila - at your own (and my) risk

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Bourbon, preferably Angel's Envy
Yeungling
A nice Cabernet Sauvignon
Rum, preferably Frigate Reserve

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@Seedy is correct in his seasonal approach.

Spring/summer for me would be wine, gin, rum, tequila, beer.

Fall/winter would be wine, scotch, bourbon, beer.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Earlier this year I had a Captain & Coke at a friend's house, and it tasted like a cream soda. Hard to knock the rum.
I’m usually a beer guy, but can’t argue with Layla…I’m a fan of the Captain. In fact, a little Captain, Dr. Pepper, and a twist of lime is a favorite. Also been known to make some mean Rum Runners with it as well.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I’m usually a beer guy, but can’t argue with Layla…I’m a fan of the Captain. In fact, a little Captain, Dr. Pepper, and a twist of lime is a favorite. Also been known to make some mean Rum Runners with it as well.
Cuba Libre
  • 2 ounces rum
  • 1 lime wedge
  • Coca-Cola, to top
  • Garnish: lime wheel

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cuba Libre
  • 2 ounces rum
  • 1 lime wedge
  • Coca-Cola, to top
  • Garnish: lime wheel
Never knew the name, but have partaken! A little Tallahassee Liquor Store Trivia for you…there was a Fred’s Liquors on, I think, Ocala maybe, that would mix you a container of a specific cocktail at the drive-thru to take with you to your party destination. Did this a couple of times, got them to mix a bottle of Kamikazes, never stopped to think whether or not it was legal. It was cheaper and easier than buying all the makings and taking them with you. Ahhh, the 80’s!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Never knew the name, but have partaken! A little Tallahassee Liquor Store Trivia for you…there was a Fred’s Liquors on, I think, Ocala maybe, that would mix you a container of a specific cocktail at the drive-thru to take with you to your party destination. Did this a couple of times, got them to mix a bottle of Kamikazes, never stopped to think whether or not it was legal. It was cheaper and easier than buying all the makings and taking them with you. Ahhh, the 80’s!
Mike's Beer Barn sounds familiar. Was that Tally and TN Street or was that Gainesville on Archer?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mike's Beer Barn sounds familiar. Was that Tally and TN Street or was that Gainesville on Archer?
Mike’s was indeed Tennessee St in Tally. You’re probably thinking of Pablo’s Tunnel on Archer in Gainesville. First trip through Pablo’s was in the back of a pickup! Wasn’t the last time, either.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Bourbon, red wine, beer, vodka, champagne, rum, gin.

I'm not too fussy about favorites because I like them all in their own way and mix it up depending on the season (rum or sparkling more during the summer months when it's hotter; bourbon or red wine when its cooler out, etc.).

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

If I’m not mistaken- Fred’s was on Tennessee St, sort of tucked behind/near the Whataburger that was on the corner of Tennessee and Ocala. They had the “Fred’s Back Door Lounge” and one of the well known drinks were the Flight Fuels.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If I’m not mistaken- Fred’s was on Tennessee St, sort of tucked behind/near the Whataburger that was on the corner of Tennessee and Ocala. They had the “Fred’s Back Door Lounge” and one of the well known drinks were the Flight Fuels.
Maybe 2 or 3 Fred’s as I’m recalling and now that I’m thinking, the one I’m trying to remember was maybe off of Tharpe. Hit the one by Whataburger on occasion and recall the “Flight Fuels!” Remember the “Back Door” and maybe Fred’s “Dry Dock.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.