Two coaches terrify me at Florida....

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Since the beginning of all this I have said numerous times. As a Vol fan, two coaches would absolutely terrify me if they were at Florida.
1) Chip Kelly
2) Lane Kiffin

As someone who got a peek behind the curtain when Lane was at UT, I would give up all hope of beating the Gators if Kiffin were there. It would be disgusting the talent he would compile in Gainesville and call him what you will but the guy flat out knows football.
I sincerely mean that.

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
Since the beginning of all this I have said numerous times. As a Vol fan, two coaches would absolutely terrify me if they were at Florida.
1) Chip Kelly
2) Lane Kiffin

As someone who got a peek behind the curtain when Lane was at UT, I would give up all hope of beating the Gators if Kiffin were there. It would be disgusting the talent he would compile in Gainesville and call him what you will but the guy flat out knows football.
I sincerely mean that.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. I posted a similar sentiment in the main coaching thread. To expand on my previous analogy I made there - UF doesn't have the means or desire to get the best (whether it's in terms of facilities, salary, support, and/or something else) - so if we want a coach whose talent is in that $100k "Audi" range, then at this point it's looking like we're going to have to go to the used lot and buy one with a damaged title (a la Lane) and hope for the best - we don't seem to be able to "afford" the brand new ones on the lot.

Otherwise it's starting to look like we will be trading in our '13 base model Camry for a '17 Kia.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
I can't argue with his football acumen, but I really dislike the person Kiffen seems to be. To have him as the face of the Gator football program would cause me tremendous angst. Don't know if I could watch.

By the way, I appreciate your posting here. Keep it up!

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
I can't argue with his football acumen, but I really dislike the person Kiffen seems to be. To have him as the face of the Gator football program would cause me tremendous angst. Don't know if I could watch.

Yeah, I feel like you - but on coaching talent I think he may be the best available. Like you, it makes me a little sick. But this is big, big business. We can't afford to have another 3 years of a dumpster fire on the field.

If UF consider hiring him, I think they have to hope/expect that he has had an epiphany and turned it around (in the PR and personal interactions Dept). Write in some very strict and stringent conduct codes in the contract. And let's both (Lane & UF) use each other to rehabilitate ourselves.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe so. But the Gators could win, even win National Championships and I would be watching something else. The stench from the TV would overpower my great room. And I'd have to wear HAZMAT gear at the stadium.

ChompionOfLife

Nov 3, 2017
As a Gators fan, two coaches would absolutely terrify me if they were at Tennessee.
1) Will Muschamp
2) Jim McElwain

After getting a peek behind the curtain when these guys were at UF, I would give up all hope of beating the Vols if either of these two were there. It would be disgusting the amount of BBQ sauce Mac would compile in Knoxville and call Muschamp what you will, but the guy flat out knows how to punch a whiteboard.

Happy hunting!

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.
I was told by several in the know guys that Kiffin is socially awkward. The guy just struggles to communicate and interact with a lot of people. However he is magic in the living rooms of recruits. He knows the lingo and how to connect with 18 year olds with his "swag" or whatever it is.
He was head man at UT then at USC. He fell on his face and was a national embarrassment. He picked himself up and crawled to Bama as an OC. Sorry but that takes guts and I think he has likely matured. I would have him on a short leash with media and social media. There would be no need for marginal illegal recruiting at Florida. He could do what he does under the rules and kill it in recruiting.
Someone will hire him soon if not sooner and I hope its a team Tennessee does not play.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I am going to be so scared of Tinerc if you hire Dan M***** or Slick Willy Taggart. Good luck!

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014

Because he acts just like the teenagers he recruits

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I was told by several in the know guys that Kiffin is socially awkward. The guy just struggles to communicate and interact with a lot of people. However he is magic in the living rooms of recruits. He knows the lingo and how to connect with 18 year olds with his "swag" or whatever it is.
He was head man at UT then at USC. He fell on his face and was a national embarrassment. He picked himself up and crawled to Bama as an OC. Sorry but that takes guts and I think he has likely matured. I would have him on a short leash with media and social media. There would be no need for marginal illegal recruiting at Florida. He could do what he does under the rules and kill it in recruiting.
Someone will hire him soon if not sooner and I hope its a team Tennessee does not play.
You guys can take another run at him. Zero chance he will ever be anywhere near UF.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not much more can be said about Lame.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

He is hated everywhere he has been a HC and likely at Bama too since he mucked around before the NC game last year. The guy is poison. UF should steer well clear of him.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Not much more can be said about Lame.

471085531ce7588d3ac5e36dd861784b.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He was head man at UT then at USC. He fell on his face and was a national embarrassment.
If he's such a great coach, how did this happen? He had the flagship university in California. He was so awful and despised that they literally threw him off the team bus and drove away.

His time at Bama means nothing. EVERY assistant has success working under Saban.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As a Gators fan, two coaches would absolutely terrify me if they were at Tennessee.
1) Will Muschamp
2) Jim McElwain

After getting a peek behind the curtain when these guys were at UF, I would give up all hope of beating the Vols if either of these two were there. It would be disgusting the amount of BBQ sauce Mac would compile in Knoxville and call Muschamp what you will, but the guy flat out knows how to punch a whiteboard.

Happy hunting!

THIS.

Enjoy that ass-whipping from Vandy, at home no less, and stay out of our issues. As bad as the stench is in Gainesville, it smells even worse in Knoxville.

No offense. :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.