Two players sing alma mater

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Are you drunk? I mean, I wouldn't blame you if you are. But that post is barely coherent. Besides, that was a UM thing, and WM doesn't do team-building activities.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's only supposed to be done after a win

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I may have to Dungeon this. Just because it's incoherent.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This thread made me laugh. :lol:

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
voices.jpg

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunate edit to thread title. Perfect end to the game.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
They need to stop wasting valuable time singing after a loss like this and get their butts to the practice field.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well I see that my opinion is not generally shared with others. I guess that I thought that the team was made up of individuals (players) who want to be Gators. Some have relatives that played for us and others talk like they want to be Gators. Not coming over says that they are so defeated that they can't do something that is good optics and shows leadership. Trevon should have been the first guy out there and encouraged others to go. You think Tebow would have run off to the locker room under similar circumstances? Now I know this is probably only me, but I think it shows something that the team lacks that is leadership and an connection to the Gator Nation. I expect coaches to be hired guns, I expect players to become Gators (not all of them but a majority). Perhaps I am delusional or drunk but so be it.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I did not understand this thread until just now, and coming from somewhere else. The initial 'motto' in the OP was weird, but the body was unclear as well.

Now I get it. Photo/link below:

IMG_0985.0.JPG

After losing 42-13 to Mizzou on homecoming night in the new new low of lows, only two players came over for the alma mater: punter Kyle Christy, and lineman Trip Thurman. I can't write anything sadder than that image. I can't write anything with more hope than that image, either.

(Photo by Stranko Montana)

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday....omerism-mizzou

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorious;n84008 said:
I did not understand this thread until just now, and coming from somewhere else. The initial 'motto' in the OP was weird, but the body was unclear as well.

Now I get it. Photo/link below:

IMG_0985.0.JPG

After losing 42-13 to Mizzou on homecoming night in the new new low of lows, only two players came over for the alma mater: punter Kyle Christy, and lineman Trip Thurman. I can't write anything sadder than that image. I can't write anything with more hope than that image, either.

(Photo by Stranko Montana)

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday....omerism-mizzou

Thanks. My son sent me that in real time and I was angry. I also was posting not with a keyboard and I am not that great at doing so. I am sorry for creating confusion, but not sorry for pointing out the lack of leadership by the players, no less the coaches that this indicates to me.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n83523 said:
I may have to Dungeon this. Just because it's incoherent.

Incoherent to you makes perfect sense to me other than spelling. Everyone (I think understood what the situation was), gee a poster said they only do it for wins so it must have been clear what I was referring to. Two is the number of players. Send it to the Dungeon it deserves that place because of our performance in the game and lack of respect and leadership indicated by only two players showing up. Note there are other students on the field so it is not just for wins.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
PS My overly emotional state has been stimulated by our putrid play so ignore some of this stuff as I will eventually accept reality and return to somewhat normal state.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n83968 said:
Well I see that my opinion is not generally shared with others. I guess that I thought that the team was made up of individuals (players) who want to be Gators. Some have relatives that played for us and others talk like they want to be Gators. Not coming over says that they are so defeated that they can't do something that is good optics and shows leadership. Trevon should have been the first guy out there and encouraged others to go. You think Tebow would have run off to the locker room under similar circumstances? Now I know this is probably only me, but I think it shows something that the team lacks that is leadership and an connection to the Gator Nation. I expect coaches to be hired guns, I expect players to become Gators (not all of them but a majority). Perhaps I am delusional or drunk but so be it.
I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator