Two players sing alma mater

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
VulcanAlex;n84092 said:
Incoherent to you makes perfect sense to me other than spelling. Everyone (I think understood what the situation was), gee a poster said they only do it for wins so it must have been clear what I was referring to. Two is the number of players. Send it to the Dungeon it deserves that place because of our performance in the game and lack of respect and leadership indicated by only two players showing up. Note there are other students on the field so it is not just for wins.

Well, it was spelling and punctuation if you want to be technical. I was on your side, though maybe you missed that because I was being snarky. It was a cool thing that UM implemented. Win or lose, the gators sang with the band. It demonstrated pride in being a Gator. It showed appreciation for the fans and for the band. It showed that we are all in it together, in all kinds of weather.

I think the fact that only two players continued that tradition last night speaks volumes about the lack of leadership, the lack of unity, the lack of passion for being a gator. But, it's just another straw on the camel's back at this point. Angaza, I do care. I care about all of the failings of one William Larry Muschamp, and the extent to which he has been given full reign to tear down the great football program of my alma mater.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Angaza;n84120 said:
Do people really care about this? The game has enough talking points without having to resort to this empty gesture.

Well the fact that you consider it an "empty gesture" says a lot about the difference in view between you and I. You might be correct but I see it as a leadership and respect issue. My experience with teams is that such are very important or critical to improvement. I could be wrong. And of course I think it important otherwise I would not have posted in this thread no less started it (I admit poorly).

Thanks for your alternative view.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n84177 said:
Well, it was spelling and punctuation if you want to be technical. I was on your side, though maybe you missed that because I was being snarky. It was a cool thing that UM implemented. Win or lose, the gators sang with the band. It demonstrated pride in being a Gator. It showed appreciation for the fans and for the band. It showed that we are all in it together, in all kinds of weather.

I think the fact that only two players continued that tradition last night speaks volumes about the lack of leadership, the lack of unity, the lack of passion for being a gator. But, it's just another straw on the camel's back at this point. Angaza, I do care. I care about all of the failings of one William Larry Muschamp, and the extent to which he has been given full reign to tear down the great football program of my alma mater.

Thanks for the update. Like I say I have an overly emotional nature and snarky is not something I really appreciate. And I am almost always technical being an engineering type of individual.

Once again thanks for the support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.